Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Recipe for mushroom tea

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Though I share this ;)

I am a psilocybin user since 15 years and untill recently, I just munched them away while rolling a couple of joints. Since I'm eating between 80 and 100 grams fresh, the eating process started to work against me so I looked for alternatives. I read about making tea but had the impression you would not get all the magic out.

Now this very simple recipe works, tastes good and containts virtually all the magic from the shrooms. (I tried eating the shrooms the next day and experienced NO effect whatsoever. This tea kicked in 10 minutes after I drank it, made it impossible to finish rolling the joints. Since then, I only take them in with tea.

The recipe:

Fresh or dry mushrooms, cut them in little pieces using a scissor. Big fat stems, I cut in half over the length. I then boil one glass of water, when it boils, I pour it over the mushrooms and let them there for 10 minutes (no more heating of the water or you will probably waste the magic). I then seperate the shrooms and tea, put a tablespoon of honey in the tea and drink it. Another glass of water is boiled and the process is repeated.

This is a very nice way to consume a large dose without having to chew and swallow :)

HC

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I had the same thing. I didn't really like the taste but after I found the tea I actually never eaten shrooms again.

I usually just let the water boil of a minute of 10 with the shrooms (cut in pieces) in them, then just make tea of the boiled water. Never experienced any loss of effect compaired with eating. Suppose that the : cup of water , another cup is probably bettter because you are then extracting the Psilocybin into the water.

Anyone any thoughts on that ? Do you notice that the trip is less intens if the water boils with the shrooms in it ? I never did.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I never boiled them but thats because the first time I tried to make tea, it was so unbelievable strong that I never bothered with different methods :)

I really panicked for a few minutes untill a 'voice' told me to calm down, look at my thoughts and enjoy :)

Something thats on my list for the next few weeks is an extraction with alcohol since that seems to lighten the stomach discomfort. My girlfriends has a very sensible stomach and experienced nausea thoughout the entire trip (her first one) so anything to lessen that would be welcom.

She enjoyed her first trip very much though ;)

HC

Arafat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Déc 2005
Tea is the best way to take the shrooms :D In my opinion :p I always have to gak of the taste(don't now how to say kokhalsen in english), but with the tea I have no problem with it, but I do eat the leftover shrooms that are in my cup, just to make sure I will get all of the magic. But when it's soaked in water I like the shrooms, crazy huh? I think when you make tea of them the trip is more intens than when you eat them..

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
The nausia can be a problem , I used to really hate the taste , but now I actually like it, its like its part of the trip , the taste you have in your mouth all during the ride.

Perhaps making sure you only have to drink a little is a good idea. Drinking more cups will make the nausia worse. Just add some honey or even sugar to the tea this might help for the taste. I always use the Pickwick "Sterremix" that is really good combination because it already has a bit of sweet spicy flavour to it.

Drinkin tea does overwelm you sometimes , it comes up so quick and strong that you don't have time to easely get used to the feeling.

I did also some extra dosing in trips, so making first some tea say 30-40 grams fresh cubensis each, then after 1 hour 20-30 grams , and after 2 hours about the same. This will keep you tranquilized for many hours but also fucks you up good since the plateau level keeps very high. Nice experience but I don't do that too much.

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I've experienced that when I pour the water over the shrooms, there was no effect.

When I boiled the shrooms on a low fire for about 20 minutes, the effect was super. It kicked in after 15 minutes and the effects was better then when I ate the shrooms. (eating had none effect for me).

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well for as far as I know its best to boil water and then put the shrooms in for 10-20 minutes
and drink that in some tea
put some honey in if u want but its not neccesary :)
the first time I did it with tea I thought WOW FUCK i`m never gonna do that again
cause the effects rushed in like mad that was with 35 grams of mexicans
and I had some tough moment in there
but the big advantage I found is that I dont experience such a heavy nausea throughout the whole trip then when I eat them
and mostly in the end of the trip puking them out anyways and feeling bad stomache pains
but the trip lasts significantly shorter
the peak comes after about an hour or so and the entire "real" tripping lasts for 3 hours or so
oh yeah and I always had an unexplainable pain in my lower back
and annoying feeling which I couldn't do anything about
it felt very tired or exhausted like it was experiencing great pressure throughout the whole trip, and that feeling lasts untill I wake up the next morning
nobody I know ever had this but I had it each time when eating them

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
the first time I did it with tea I thought WOW FUCK i`m never gonna do that again
cause the effects rushed in like mad that was with 35 grams of mexicans

Yes it can be VERY overwhelming opposed to just eating the mushrooms. I panicked the first time on tea. It came up and there was an explosion of thoughts in my head. Then after about 5 minutes, a 'voice' told me to calm down and just look at my thoughts. When I started to do that, the panick disappeared and a very intense but beuatifull trip emerged.

sentinall

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
19 Jan 2006
the taste isn't that bad. I always make a soup

But if you're making a thea make it with Passion Flower Tea! (passion flower is a mao "remmer") Then you're experience wil be even more intens!

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
ProStoner a dit:
oh yeah and I always had an unexplainable pain in my lower back
and annoying feeling which I couldn't do anything about

Maybe it's your kidneys working overtime ?

ProStoner a dit:
it felt very tired or exhausted like it was experiencing great pressure throughout the whole trip, and that feeling lasts untill I wake up the next morning

Don't forget your body & mind are working as hard as they can. It can be very tirening.

Psychonautus_uniqus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Mar 2006
I prefer to eat them chew them very good for about 5-15minutes.
Tea i tried 2 times and the effect was dissapointing. i'm always thinking that heat is killing the alkaloids. But i never tried the tea with any harmala. Thanx for the idea.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I prefer to eat them chew them very good for about 5-15minutes.
Tea i tried 2 times and the effect was dissapointing. i'm always thinking that heat is killing the alkaloids. But i never tried the tea with any harmala. Thanx for the idea.

I think cooking can kill alkaloids but I'm not sure. A year back, a group at mycotopia.net proofed beyond a doubt (in mu opinion), that smoking psilocybin will only give a placebo effect because the alkaloids are destroyed by heat so quickly. They extracted the magic and smoked the crystals. So I guess, cooking will kill them as well. The method described above, putting them in hot water two times 10 minutes does it every time for me. And I am someone who used to eat 200 grams fresh to be sure to hit the mark, I've never eaten them again since I discovered tea ;)

Adding harmala to the trip changes the trip in quality and intensity. I tried this one time and had a very interesting trip with a telepatic incident with a friend 1200 km away. Maybe I'll post that report later today.

HC

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
A nice tea recipe is also to first soak the shroom pieces in lemon juice for 10 minutes, then add hot water and let it soak for another 15-20 minutes, then drink. Be careful with this, the lemon juice seems to extract another portion of psilocybin... (I read somewhere that lemon juice already turns psilocybin into psilocyn and therefore the effect is even faster and stronger).

Another recipe that tastes quite well but will really fuck you up is to soak the shrooms in hot cocoa. Use real cocoa powder (without sugar and stuff, only pure cocoa powder) about 2-3 heaped teaspoons for a big cup. Use no sugar or very little sugar - sweeten with artificial sweetener if you like. You'll have to prepare for a trip that's much like shrooms with a MAOI. It comes on slower, first you'll think it wasn't enough, but then you'll dive into realms you haven't seen before. If you're seeking for ego dissolution cocoa is the way to go!

I recently tried a mix of both recipes, soaked the shrooms in a mix of lemon juice and black currant juice (also believed to enhance the effect) then I added hot cocoa. I thought the amount of shrooms wasn't that much (I can't say in grams, I just took 10 smaller sized shrooms from my stash).
I'm sure without additives this amount would have made for a nice meditative trip where I would have still been able to get up and switch the music for example.
But the lemon, black currant and cocoa mix made it one of my strongest trips ever. It came on relatively fast due to the lemon, but then it went deep!
I was at the verge of losing myself, my person, my memories, my history. All that faded as I turned into a being, still self-aware but leaving all of "me" behind.
I couldn't take it, my brain brought me back with a massive amount of adrenaline and I opened my eyes in pure terror. However I slipped back to no-man's land because the shroom's effect overwhelmed the adrenaline again. It was hard, but it taught me a lot - however if you're not very serious about tripping then don't use a lemon juice and cocoa mix (which also tastes pretty bad...)

Psychonautus_uniqus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Mar 2006
yeah the citric acid helps you to ingest the alkaloids; i'm trying cacti today and i've been told to add some citrons.
(first time cacti , i'm very curious)

Psychonautus_uniqus

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
10 Mar 2006
As i told earlier today i wanted to try cacti today. I 've bought a 60cm in lengte and 8 cm(diameter) Peruvian torch. At 17.30 i started preparing the cacti ((25cm piece)pulling out the stings , peeling , cutting out the middle and chopping it up) At about 19.30 i could start ingesting the cactus. Oh man , the taste is horrible :shock: !!!! In total i had to ingest 500gr of the fresh cactus. (impossible to me , much respect for people that managed to do that) after ingesting 200g (wich took me about an hour) taking it with small teaspoons in my mouth swallowing it with grapefruit juice i couldn't take it anymore and i throw up everything.
But as i said to my self , i wanna do this, i tried a recipe from the internet with the other 300g . (recipe = Cook it in 2liters or more water for 4h (i did in 2h because ... , well u know) then you have to filter it through a cloth and after you have to cook down the liquid till it's about a glass full.(it still tastes horrible but is not like 300g or 500g to eat). Well i never got to the last part of cooking it down as i spilled everything while i was filtering it. :oops: (my own stupid fault should have been more carefull) And so i ended up writing this story .
I decided to keep the next cactus trip for next year :)(i wanted to explore i now but i also wanted to grow the rest of the cacti as they are quite expensive and very good looking as a deco) untill then i'll stay with shrooms :D , salvia :) and if i finally can find some blotters :?: here in 'A......' i'll do them to(did only once , and it was a must do again but can't find them). ("(mail;-))")
PS: Shrooms never tasted bad for me , i actually always liked the taste of shrooms especially dried onces. But people that think shrooms taste bad well then try some cactus.

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
You should look into this extraction method more deeply. If you extract is well you can reduce the liquid to about a shooter cap. Close your nose take it in one time , should be ok. My friend did a ritual in Peru , she only had to take such a small amount, it tasted horrible but she could keep it down.

Eating the cacti is almost impossible because of the horrible taste. You can also cook the extract completely dry and making a few (big) pils out ot it. If you dip them in Asprine to cover the outside , its said that the nausea is not present at least not while taking it , good luck !

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Shrooms never tasted bad for me , i actually always liked the taste of shrooms especially dried onces. But people that think shrooms taste bad well then try some cactus.

I also thought that shrooms don't taste bad until I started taking more, and more often. I kind of developed a disgust for the taste over time.

Panoramix

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
12 Jan 2006
tryptonaut a dit:
I also thought that shrooms don't taste bad until I started taking more, and more often. I kind of developed a disgust for the taste over time.

Wow ! that's amazing, I share exactely the same impression; I almost can't stand their taste anymore (but for the effect... hum...) :lol:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
With me it's the other way round: I like them more everytime I eat them. :lol:

MuschBusch

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I've read this topic and tried the tea 2 weeks ago. I always had troubles with the eating part.. but the tea is simply nice and tasteful to drink!
The trip was somehow a little different I think: came on more roughly and suddenly, and dissapeared even more suddenly.
I think I only drink tea from now on, works great.