Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Questions about magic truffles

zezt

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
25 Mai 2008
I have never ever ordered any magic truffles. I have never even had them. So I am hoping to ask questions about them:

With liberty caps, I have always picked them and then dried and stored them in little plastic bags I try and get as much air out as possible. And I have had success with this.

How does that compare with storing magic truffles? Can you dry them out? I have heard they go rock hard and so would break your teeth to eat them, unlike dried shrooms.
So what is solutions for storing them. Please can you give simplified answer, and I will ask for more detail

Here is what I know--or think I know

As said, to dry them they go rock hard. So they'd be impossible to chew and eat

But they can be kept for up to 3 months in a fridge if in an airtight container? Could this just be a plastic bag you squeeze around them and then tie opening closed with elastic band (I dont wanna pay up to £40 and fkuc them up lol

I have heard you can make tea which you can freeze. Does this mean cutting up the truffles and then pouring hot water on them, and then straining water and freezing it in icecube holders? What about the strained truffles refuse. Does it still have any potency left or do you just throw it in the recycled bin?

Is there any way of preserving cut up truffles in honey, or any other stuff like that?

All ideas welcome.

What I have been doing lately with dried shrooms is having 10 a week. How could I guess the approximate equivalent measure of truffles, be it whole/pieces of the truffle or tea? Remember, approx?

Cosmic Vapor

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Juil 2015
Fresh truffles can be stored for up to 2-3months. Usually only 2 months though, Vaccuum packing them immediately after harvest and putting them in the fridge may keep them stored for 3 months. The question is, can you manage that.

Luckily you get a visual confirmation when to throw the truffles away, when it gets contaminated with other molds.
How long you can store dried truffles, I dont know. My gut says, alot longer, but since my gut doesn't think I hope somebody else can answer that for you.

You can eat dried truffles. But it's going to be harder to chew at then a very very dry and well done piece of steak that's been roasted for 60 minutes. I suggest you grind them and put it into a drink or soup. If you store dried truffles, also pack them and put them in the fridge. But not at freezing point.

Just make sure you store the dried truffle sperately, because the active compounds will only be several grams, but still contain the same amount of psilocybin when it was still fresh.