Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychotria Viridis and Peganum Harmala

Barnacle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
Hi guys. I am looking for advice on preparing the following Psychotria Viridis and Peganum Harmala.

There are many different instructions all across the internet but I am still baffled.

Some state that each ingredient should be boiled separately, some together, some for several hours anything up to 2 days. Others state that both should be drank with 30-45 minutes of eachother and some state it's best to consume one immediately after the other... etc etc..

I'm hoping that someone could give me clear instructions on how to prepare this..

I have 5 x 25g of Psychotria Viridis and 5 x 5g of Peganum Harmala.

How much cooking time ? how much water used ? etc...

Any help would be fantastic, thanks :)

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010
I think this website should contain all the information you need.

http://www.ayahuasca-info.com/uk/index/

I myself took first the peganum and after that i waited 30 minutes before i took the psychotria viridis.

I don;t know what's the best thing to do, maybe it just a matter of experience, but it worked for me....

gr,
Hermes.

Barnacle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
Thanks for your reply HermesTrismegistus !!

I tried the following method about 3 hours ago, obviously it didn't work. Perhaps I should have boiled the leaves and seeds separately. I vomited after 20 minutes. Perhaps it was to soon. I'll try again in a few weeks. Any tips ?? :)

Classic Ayahuasca Analog
25 g Psychotria viridis leaves, dried and ground
3 g Peganum harmala seeds, crushed
Juice of one lemon
Enough water to boil all the ingredients (approximately 200-300 ml)

Place all the ingredients in a steel pot. Slowly bring to a boil, then boil rapidly for two to three minutes. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately five more minutes. Pour off the decoction. Add some water to the herbs remaining in the pot and boil again. Pour the first decoction back into the pot. After a while, pour out the liquid once more. Add fresh water to the remaining herbs and bring to a boil again. Remove the plant remnants and compost them, if possible. Mix together the three extracts. Carefully heat the mixture to reduce the total volume. The tea should be drunk as fresh as possible (allow to cool first), although it can be stored in the refrigerator for a few days. The effects begin about forty-five minutes after ingestion. The visionary phase lasts for about an hour.

http://www.intensevisuals.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=533

J

jianzui

Invité
Some state that each ingredient should be boiled separately, some together, some for several hours anything up to 2 days. Others state that both should be drank with 30-45 minutes of eachother and some state it's best to consume one immediately after the other... etc etc..

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010
Hmmm weird recipe, because as far as i know you should boil the psychotria viridis for atleast a couple of hours and not a couple of minutes. And from everything i read they also cook everything for hours in the amazone, so i don't understand how this can be a traditional recipe....

To bad, hopefully next time you have a much better experience, because ayahuasca is really worth your time ;)

Have you also followed a sort of diet?

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010

I think in the end it doesn't matter that much if you wait 30-45 minutes or drink them on after the others, because it seems that people had profound experiences on both ways of taking ayahuasca.

Barnacle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
HermesTrismegistus a dit:
Hmmm weird recipe, because as far as i know you should boil the psychotria viridis for atleast a couple of hours and not a couple of minutes. And from everything i read they also cook everything for hours in the amazone, so i don't understand how this can be a traditional recipe....

To bad, hopefully next time you have a much better experience, because ayahuasca is really worth your time ;)

Have you also followed a sort of diet?

In hindsight, I kinda rushed the whole thing, chose the simplest recipe, so, in a way, I'm glad it didn't work.

I haven't followed any type of diet, is there something you would suggest ? Perhaps it would help with keeping the mixture down ?.

Also, it would be great if someone could post a fool proof method for these particular leaves and seeds that's proven to work as myself and 4 others will be giving it a try in a week or so and I want to get it right this time :wink: .

Methods I have come across seem to vary and many seems to be copy and pastes from other sources.

Thanks again guys

Barnacle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
I'm going to follow these directions next time. Looks about right...

After choosing and obtaining the ingredients for the ayahuasca brew, next step is to dry and grind the plant materials to a very fine powder substance. A coffee grinder or blender may be used, but traditionally the Incans and the natives of the Amazon use the traditional mortar and pestle to reduce the finely chopped vines, seeds, leaves or plant materials to its powdered state. It is recommended that the powdered plant materials be brewed immediately in order for the brew to maintain its potency. It is also important to make sure that the water to be used for boiling the ayahuasca drink is pure distilled water with a pH level between 4.0 and 5.0. This is because some mineral water may reduce the potency of the ingredients. Some add some type of acid to reduce the pH level of the water, like the juice of a lemon.

The cooking of ayahuasca drink requires constant stirring and monitoring of the brew. With this, don’t start the boiling process if you are not ready to watch over your brew. The drink requires several separate boiling sessions until the plant materials do not change the color of the water. The first batch of boiling should take about 1 to 2 hours, then strain the ingredients out of the brew, save the water, prepare a new set of water for boiling and then continue the process until the color of the water will no longer change. Afterwards, gather the entire collection of the boiled brews and then slowly reduce the mixture to a quantity that you can drink.

HermesTrismegistus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Mai 2010
Barnacle a dit:
I'm going to follow these directions next time. Looks about right...

After choosing and obtaining the ingredients for the ayahuasca brew, next step is to dry and grind the plant materials to a very fine powder substance. A coffee grinder or blender may be used, but traditionally the Incans and the natives of the Amazon use the traditional mortar and pestle to reduce the finely chopped vines, seeds, leaves or plant materials to its powdered state. It is recommended that the powdered plant materials be brewed immediately in order for the brew to maintain its potency. It is also important to make sure that the water to be used for boiling the ayahuasca drink is pure distilled water with a pH level between 4.0 and 5.0. This is because some mineral water may reduce the potency of the ingredients. Some add some type of acid to reduce the pH level of the water, like the juice of a lemon.

The cooking of ayahuasca drink requires constant stirring and monitoring of the brew. With this, don’t start the boiling process if you are not ready to watch over your brew. The drink requires several separate boiling sessions until the plant materials do not change the color of the water. The first batch of boiling should take about 1 to 2 hours, then strain the ingredients out of the brew, save the water, prepare a new set of water for boiling and then continue the process until the color of the water will no longer change. Afterwards, gather the entire collection of the boiled brews and then slowly reduce the mixture to a quantity that you can drink.

Probably this recipe will do the trick ;)

I haven't followed any type of diet, is there something you would suggest ? Perhaps it would help with keeping the mixture down ?.

Not that a diet is needed, only avoiding food products that contain MAO is enough. But i heard that light food products like rice etc can also be of a great help...

Good luck on your next try, hopefully this time you have some more success ;)

gr hermes.

Barnacle

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
22 Déc 2011
Hi folks !!

Well I tried again and had a little more success. This time I ground up the seeds with a mortar and pestle to a fine powder and mixed the powder with water and shot it back fast in one go.

15 mins later I drank the the rue in one quick swoop also.

I again managed to hold it down for about 20 minutes until it came up like a train out of hell. How anyone could keep it down is beyond me.

I got some great visuals but I always felt i wasn't getting the full possible effects and they only lasted for 20 or so minutes. Then I felt buzzy and groggy for an hour or so.

I hadn't got distilled or purified water, I used lemon juice to bring down the php levels of the water, maybe this was part of the reason I didn't have a more profound experience, as well as purging to soon.

I am trying again tonight with filtered water and I will also have a second mixture to hand in case I purge to soon again :D

It certainly is a learning experience, but fun.

Any thoughts welcome .... :D

S

skrec

Invité
for all...please be careful with DIET..MAO inhibitors are dangerous,they turn off your chemical immunity system in your body.
read Jim DeKorne- psychedelic shamanism ! all food which contains "Tyramin" are deadly dangerous [cheese, beer, yogurt...]

Blacksnaik

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Fev 2012
For a good true AYA experience you must go vine heavy. At least 250 Grams Cielo Caapi. AT least 50 grams Psychotria V (Hawaii Psychotria is what you want) Peruvian strains sometimes give a weak result. Boil 4 times and reduce. Make sure you give it a good boil. Some sites say to heat just below boiling. This is not correct! It must boil. My best experience was 350 grams Caapi, 50 grams Mimosa,15 grams Acacia Confusa and 10 grams Guayusa. Also if you have the traditional music with you AYA you will have a more meaningful experience IMO. With the music was the first time I had these little entities performing work on my body. Don't be afraid if you can help it. It will be tough but just let go and all will be good.

Use Caapi!!!

Small peices of my experience with the sacred tea:

"Prepare for you first purge...LOL Ayahuasca is no joke. Be sure to have the Icaros music. Did Aya for the 5th time tonight and the first time using the Icaros, Until tonight it was only mind blowing visuals with basic meditation music. Tonight I accually saw my body being worked on and purged out a portion af a demon or something. It was like a scene out of the exorcist. I seen all these creatures trying to get this thing out and as it? came up I purged at the same time .Tripy!"

"Tried Ayahuasca yet or Iboga? When they say that Ayahuasca is a woman spirt I feel it's so true. When the effects kick in things become female. My? statue of Buddha turned into a smiling woman with beams of red and green dotted lines coming through "her" third eye and across the room. These beams had an faint electric hum and when I touched the beams I could feel the buzz. Also once after purging I looked in the mirror to see what would happen. I slowly became a woman with leopard skin. Freaky!"

"I tried it in the form of ayahuasca and...Have mercy!!! This stuff is for real. When the effects start you are able to see the world around you? come alive. Everything was moving. I was sitting in my crib straight getting a life lesson from one of my plants. I was terrified at first! I also could see through my wifes skin. Her spirit would have different facial expressions than her. It was the most amazing thing I have ever experienced. Wish I could add more... Salvia is less loving. Also at one point my wife was massaging my neck trying to comfort me and at one moment I became her and was massaging my own back...WOW!"