Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Psychonautic jobs

Nomada

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
The only really psychonautic "job" I can conceive, that naturally wouldn't be called a job by the machine, is dying fighting against it.

The immortal martyr.
Evey thing else comes next,
poet,
chemist,
gracious and useless "thinker",
prime minister scientist;
they all, by themselves, come second, or fourth.

Revolution or nothing, or die.
Die die domination paradigm,
die die you empire, you dominator!
When you don't care you die in the next fifteen seconds,
and you live for dear Earth.
With one foot on the air.

...but that's me and my silly aesthetics,
and the unavoidable obtuse dancing rain.
Suicide will be the primul Ohm, the last and first aesthetic phenomena worth all the previous instances, all of them.

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I personally believe that the "job" that comes nearest to truth,the soul or whatever is art. I believe that while science is splitting hair, it gets farther and farther away from the essence of life, the universe and everything. It goes the way of definitions, rules, formulae, tries to make boxes for life, make boxes for chemistry, make boxes for human behaviour, splitting the unsplittable. Truth, I believe is not the sum of all sciences. This is why I lost faith in philosophy, that also reveiled itself as a science...

I personally believe that truth is wordless, cannot be defined and only art tries to find the essence. Art is the eternal, cruel, emotional, direct search for the essence. Science is an image, a copy of truth.

By the way, I find mathematics a very amazing copy of truth. Sometimes I have the feeling that it comes very near to our reality. In maths, everything is connected, influenced, it is a game and I always get fascinated when I see a highly complicated equation solved, although I am a zero in maths.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Guru.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
To become a guru you must first become a disciple... It ain't worth it.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
^you can become a disciple of life, learning from every experience you have. If you are willing to take life as a master, there is no need for a teacher.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
guru :lol:
You are all guru's. I have learned a lot from you guys.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
One cannot become a guru unless on has first studied under a guru. Guru implies guru parampara, an unbroken disciplic succession tracing back to one of the main proponants of Vedantic philosophy, for example Shankara, Madhva, Sridhar or Ramanuja. You can't be a guru of Buddhism, a system of thought rejecting the Veda's. The current "new age gurus" are practically all followers of the advaita school of Vedic thought, with gurus/disciples tracing back to Shankara Acarya. I wouldn't want to use the word guru for any type of teacher. The word guru means 'heavy' and refers to the strict disciplining of the guru's students, the sikshas, his disciples. I've come to dislike the term guru for all it implies.
I like the Vedic term muni however. It means silent one, he who contemplates. Or rishi: he who sees.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Nobody can tell you what to do. You have to figure it out yourself.
For some it's art, for other's it's science, philosophy or something else.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
One cannot become a guru unless on has first studied under a guru. Guru implies guru parampara, an unbroken disciplic succession tracing back to one of the main proponants of Vedantic philosophy, for example Shankara, Madhva, Sridhar or Ramanuja. You can't be a guru of Buddhism, a system of thought rejecting the Veda's. The current "new age gurus" are practically all followers of the advaita school of Vedic thought, with gurus/disciples tracing back to Shankara Acarya. I wouldn't want to use the word guru for any type of teacher. The word guru means 'heavy' and refers to the strict disciplining of the guru's students, the sikshas, his disciples. I've come to dislike the term guru for all it implies.
I like the Vedic term muni however. It means silent one, he who contemplates. Or rishi: he who sees.

I am not that big into Hinduism. I know a thing or two about it, but not that much.

Oknayd

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Mai 2008
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
The best job for a psychonaut is one that pays enough so the person will have the free time to engage in psychonautical activities. For such jobs you'll have to study.

I would say 'pays enough part-time', nothing sucks more than a 40 hour workweek, but that's my view (unless offcourse it would be something i really feel passionately about or be my own boss)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I think living on the streets begging for money sucks even more then a 40 hour work week.
:lol:
But i agree, people work to much these days.

I say let's go Guru :lol:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
mysticwarrior a dit:
magickmumu a dit:
I said it because you asked. I don´t like to say it because it´s feeding my ego.

(look how good I am, I am helping people)

Understand.
:wink:

I understand and respect that of course, but feeding you ego does not have to be negative thing?

I understand. thanx for pointing it out.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
magickmumu a dit:
I say let's go Guru :lol:
Oh my god I know these people! Even when I was still a fulltime devotee I thought that particular guru was a nut and some of his disciples dangerous fanatics. I know that guy with the tape recorder from Amsterdam. He's a friendly fellow. A bit confused at times, but friendly. :lol:

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I like what I am reading here. :D

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
That movie is just hilarious.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Sorry, I'm a bit bl*ss*d out on the 'cid now.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
The best job is in where you get obvlious of time through the work activities.

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Oknayd a dit:
CaduceusMercurius a dit:
The best job for a psychonaut is one that pays enough so the person will have the free time to engage in psychonautical activities. For such jobs you'll have to study.

I would say 'pays enough part-time', nothing sucks more than a 40 hour workweek, but that's my view (unless offcourse it would be something i really feel passionately about or be my own boss)

Be blessed that you live in a country were a part-time job can be enough to make a living. It's not as natural as it may seem... :D

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Appearantly the average working schedules in Venezuela are in the 24-30 range per week.