Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Prohibition-Oriented Policies Do Not Deter Use of Cannabis

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Prohibition-Oriented Policies Do Not Deter Adolescent Marijuana Use, Study Says

"The data provide no evidence that strict cannabis laws ... provide protective effects"

Bethesda, MD: The enforcement of strict anti-cannabis laws is not associated with a reduction in the prevalence of adolescent marijuana use, according to international survey data to be published in the International Journal of Drug Policy.

Investigators from the United States, Canada, and the Netherlands reviewed the self-reported use of marijuana and alcohol among nearly 5,000 10th graders in all three nations. Researchers reported that youth cannabis rates "did not differ across countries" despite widely disparate legal policies.

In the United States, 33 percent of 10th grade boys and 26 percent of 10th grade girls reported using cannabis during the past year. In Canada, where marijuana is similarly prohibited but anti-pot laws are seldomly enforced, 32 percent of boys and 31 percent of girls said they'd used marijuana in the previous year. And in the Netherlands, where the sale of cannabis is legally regulated for those over 18 years of age, 29 percent of 10th grade boy and just 20 percent of girls said that they had used pot in the past year.

"Surprisingly, there was little evidence of correspondence between cannabis prevalence and policy," authors determined. "These data are consistent with reports showing that [the] use of cannabis is no higher in the Netherlands than in the United States, and inconsistent with the demand theory idea that strict laws and enforcement prevent adolescent cannabis use. More importantly, the data are inconsistent with the contention that decriminalization policies encourage adolescent cannabis use."

Investigator concluded: "The data provide no evidence that strict cannabis laws in the United States provide protective effects compared to similarly restrictive but less vigorously enforced laws in place in Canada, and the regulated access approach in the Netherlands. Given the cross-sectional nature of the research, the data provide no evidence of a causal association between national policies and substance use."

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
What a surprise!

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Hopefully politicians hear about this and understand it . If they do change for the better is not far away .

I`m exited and have dificulty believing that maybe soon i will be able to smoke and not have to hide . Plus if it gets legalised / liberalised i will be rich !!!!!! And the quality will go up !!!!!!

The next step will be public apologys to us , oficial pardons , deleteing all references to trials and punishment ........... and compensation for the war crimes comited on people like......... ME !!!!!!!

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
This is old news, and it wont make any difference to anything :(

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
^^ Exactly. I don't think they fear the physical effects of the Marijuana, rather the long-term mental effects: questioning authority, thinking for ones self, anti-war, etc....

peace & love

Psyolopher

Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
One thing i want to add is that, if alot of growhouses get busted....
and the prices go up in an area, people are more likely to steal stuff etc to afford thier cannabis use.(Or any other drug use for that matter.)
It is only creating conflict anyway, this cant be stopped.
for fuck sake, when are people going to REALLY realise this in general?

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
maxfreakout a dit:
This is old news, and it wont make any difference to anything :(

user_1919 a dit:
^^ Exactly. I don't think they fear the physical effects of the Marijuana, rather the long-term mental effects: questioning authority, thinking for ones self, anti-war, etc....

peace & love

This is the sad truth.
I'm sure most politicians already know and understand this, but they don't care. Psychedelics are a threat to them, and they will do whatever they can to prevent their use.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
GOD a dit:
and compensation for the war crimes comited on people like......... ME !!!!!!!

I agree. And not for just say compensation.. If it is ever legalized, and we want to -keep- it legal and not have the next dumbass that comes along to ban it again, there are a whole bunch of politicians who have been deliberately ignoring 4 decades of scientific research and keeping MJ illegal possibly for corrupt reasons. They need their arses kicked by legal means, legalization needs to be followed by a serious string of lawsuits exposing these people...

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
On the politicians:

They will change if people change. If 60% of people are outspokenly against drug laws, guess who will be elected.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
Forkbender a dit:
On the politicians:

They will change if people change. If 60% of people are outspokenly against drug laws, guess who will be elected.

Right! Now we know where we have to put our energy. Fuck politicians! We need to convert the people!