Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

P. Azurescens 2003 (outdoor growlog)

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
azure-03-5.JPG

azure-03-6.JPG

azure-03-7.JPG

azure-03-8.JPG

azure-03-9.JPG

azure-03-10.JPG

azure-03-11.JPG

azure-03-12.JPG

boaz777

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
4 Oct 2003
Wie schone Pilzen!!

G

Invité
Nice shroomies !
Is this your own garden, or the local forest ?

ghotta

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
21 Juil 2003
Was it the first time you do outdoor beds ? So, how did you do ?

Really nice garden & wonderfull results ! /forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif

(sorry for my fucking poor english, I'm french /forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif )

G

Invité
it's in my fathers garden. I don't l9ive there anymore but the shrooms still grow there.

I got some colonized woodchips from someone (i saw you can buy spawnbags at ******* too now) and put some chips in a few jars with sterilized rye. after colonization I transfered the rye to bags with sterilized woodchips (beach, in NL beuken). when it was colonized I dus a hole in the back of the garden between bushes, approximately 1 square meter. and 15-20 cm deep.
I bought beech chips in a garden center (about 30 kilo's I guess) and let them soak for about 24 houres. I placed half of the chips in the hole and sprinkled the bag with colonized woodchips on it. I covered it with the other half of the soaked chips.
NOTE: you don't have too cook/sterilize all the wood, only the wood you use for making a spawnbag!

this is the second year they fruit and they survived the extremely hot sumer without watering them. next spring I'm going to add more woodchips.

hope this story helps you.

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
Nice shrooms u got there! The real ones! /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bonzo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Oct 2003
real nice ones! but what about the mycelium in the winter, doesn't it freeze to death?

G

Invité
no, it survives! it even survived the summer /forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
new pic, almost too beautifull /forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
azure-03-14.JPG

bonzo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Oct 2003
waaaw, this pic really increases our appetite

ACid_BuRN

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
1 Déc 2002
Wonderfull shroomies!!!
Just...BEAUTIFULL!
...and Tastefull! /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Stay Cool

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
Uau, I really get inlove with this photo... the shrooms are awesome...
I wish they grew on my backyard...
They are almost to perfect to be true...
Fastastic!

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
But can you tell something about the potency of them? Are they strong? Or do you need to eat a lot to get the desired effects?

bonzo

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Oct 2003
from what i've heard, azurescens is the most potent of all psilocybian mushrooms

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
But I've read somewhere that those shrooms that grow in nature are not as strong as those that we grow indoors... is this a fact?

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
Gel P.Azurescens are the world most potent mushrooms and they are mainly growed outdoors! /forum/images/graemlins/cool.gif

The potency of a mushroom is not related with the conditions but with the strains!

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
Thats great then. Are they easy to plant and grow at home? Do they require the same atention than cubensis?

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
Because it´s cultivated outdoors u don´t have any
control concerned to plagues or air conditions!

U can do a spawn bag or buy a spawn bag already made!
Build outside a sheat of small logs cuted from trees drop the spawn in there! U have to choose a timing! I personally think that Spring is the best time to do it! /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif But i don´t realy have any outdoor experience, because u can also grow them indoor! /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aerogel

Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
I have a nice backyard, where I have some fruit trees, and I have all the conditions to have some shrooms growing there.
I have a lot of time until spring to learn more about outdoor growing, and then, if I can get some spores, I will try to grow them.
Meantime, all the information is greatly apreciated.

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
Making spawn for the woodloving outdoor species

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This procedure describes a method of making spawn for the woodloving outdoor species (i.e. Psilocybe azurescens, P. cyanescens, P. bohemica).

This spawn can be used to inoculate outdoor beds with woodchips. The creation of outdoor patches is (will be) described in another document.

Procedure

The spawn is based on small woodchips that can be bought in a pet-store. It is used as animal bedding but can also be used to smoke fish and meat. These chips are made from beech.

328552-broed_1.jpg

The chips are boiled in water until they sink (approx 1 hour). Alternatively you can soak them in water for some time. Moisture content is right when they sink.

328555-broed_3.jpg

'

Now drain the chips and let all the loose water run off

Some oatmeal is added to the mixture (approximately one cup for every 3 litre wood chips). This is to boost and speed up mycelial growth. You can also use bran instead of oatmeal.

328558-broed_5.jpg

The oatmeal is mixed in!

This mixture is filled into autoclavable spawn bags (or jars)

328560-broed_7.jpg

To prevent the bags from blocking the steam valve, a metal lid is placed on top the bags

328560-broed_7.jpg

The bags are sterilised for 2 hours in a pressure cooker (for jars 1 hour will suffice)

The bags/jars are cooled down in front of a laminar flowhood

328560-broed_7.jpg

When they have cooled down they can be inoculated from rye grain spawn. Don’t use too much as this will give problems when it is placed outside in the beds as grain attracts vermin.

328572-broed_11.jpg

We use about 300 ml for one spawnbag

328573-broed_12.jpg

After spawning the bags are sealed with an impulse seale

328573-broed_12.jpg

They are checked for leaks and punctures.

Finally they are shaken and incubated
Depending on the temperature and species used, bags will completely colonise within 2-3 weeks.Bags can be placed at room temperature.

/forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif It might be a little complicated but it´s not so hard to do! /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif