Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

ok so i want to quit smoking the weed

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
Ok so i want to quit and i wondering if anybody has any experience. I have been smoking weed for about 7years everyday. Does anybody have any tips. I get real anxious and bad mood swings when i tried to in the past. I know its a mental thing but that doesn't make it any easier. Can anybody share their fav alternative smoke (not dagga smells like burn't rubber) I really would like to try spice but they will not ship it to america for fear of it becoming illegal. I have not found any companys with a similar product although *******.net has something called spice2 but it does not have same ingredients. Any help will be appreciated.

silv

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
UTHTURN a dit:
Ok so i want to quit and i wondering if anybody has any experience. I have been smoking weed for about 7years everyday. Does anybody have any tips. I get real anxious and bad mood swings when i tried to in the past. I know its a mental thing but that doesn't make it any easier. Can anybody share their fav alternative smoke (not dagga smells like burn't rubber) I really would like to try spice but they will not ship it to america for fear of it becoming illegal. I have not found any companys with a similar product although *******.net has something called spice2 but it does not have same ingredients. Any help will be appreciated.
little offtopic, but I thought Dagga is just the south african word for Marijuana?

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
it is i just didn't think to type lion's tail

edit- u know i may should posted this in the "Other Natural psychoactive" section

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Wild dagga is also called marijuanilla, which means "little marijana". It's a plant that grows little bud-like things that they put in legal "herbal smokes". It mainly just gives me a headache.

Man, I'd like to quit smoking weed too. It's been 11 years, 10 of which has been an every day kind of thing. I can only imagine what my poor lungs look like (fortunately I don't smoke cigs). I get pretty bitchy when I try and quit too but I find that the worst is over after day 3, after that I start to feel like a new person.

But right now I have so many friends growing and I have all this killer bud in my face all the damn time. It'd be pointless to even try right now.

UTHTURN

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Oct 2006
I made it 1 week. I just had to smoke i love it too much. I am cutting back though. That's the longest i've quit smoking in 7 years.

G

Invité
and i thought i have been smoking for a long time - 1 year and 2 months! i've been everyday stoned by day and night, but that does not compare with 11 years! well, guess i have a lot of catching up to do!

Jimmy_Kalahari

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Nov 2006
I just finished smoking both tobacco and weed 2 weeks ago. I was stoned day/night the last 2 years. Only when I was very ill I quit for 2 weeks but then I started again. I hated the tobacco so much I wanted only to smoke pure, but that was so tough on my lungs I no longer had an option and quit doing both.

I took mushrooms (stones) last weekend because I was feeling very aggressive and wanted to get to the source of this feeling. I am not afraid to dig into my more dark emotions.

In a "vision" I saw what this tobacco addiction really is. I had been studying columbus and cordez raids on the americas back around 1500. The indians taught the europeans to smoke the tobacco, but not to give them something nice but to curse them, and right they were cause we nearly whiped them out. Also coffee is one of these curses that causes aggresiveness. So I quit tobacco, coffee and weed altogether.

I had to laugh so hard when I saw this "curse" that I sort off laughed and coughed it out.

After years I can finally dream normally again, I have money left on my bank account, and my skin and eyes look much clearer. I start feeling better every day.

Weed gives you protection against society stupidness and hardness, it puts some kind of forcefield around you, if you feel you still need it you probably have some stuff in your life you still have to sort out.

First sort your shit out, then quit smoking weed, otherwise you will never succeed.

Most of my friends still smoke tobacco and weed, but they tell me I inspire them to find their own ways of quiting their bad habits. I'm sure if I hold on and make a good example they will follow. Don't use friends as an excuse to continue smoking weed.

Also the book : The journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda has been very inspiring to me. I feel you're not taking yourself seriously when you're addicted to anything. Smoking a bit of weed every now and then is not a sin in my eyes, but smoking every day is insane.

You could a thc free cannabis tea or extract to lessen the effects from quiting. http://www.*******.net/product3_50_1_cannabis_tea.html

Keep doing the good things good, stop doing the bad things !

good luck !

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i have quited the herb 6 months ago, my intention was to quit till my next birthday, which is in 2 months :mrgreen:

i have smoked a lot of different alternatives, but still, it's the weed your brain wants, none of them is good enough. the one i enjoyed most was a tobacco-salvia joint, it gets me into a typical salvia buzz. but the best way, i found, is not to smoke alternatives because they remember you of smoking bud.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Imho, MJ should be enjoyed not in a day and night stoner way. I smoke it a couple of times a month (between 1 and 3 times a week) and every time I do I really thouroughly enjoy it because it is for me a special time. (Yesterday at a reggae concert, 't was marvellous).

luigi007

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
it's possible but not really pleasant :(
I used to smoke for 13 years everyday (15 to 28 years old), at least 3 or 4 joints a day (average), I never got a break while these years (I live in north of france, you may have heard of "Europe" which means no borders between european countries, which means lots and lots of weed (and other :-D ) from netherland here :lol:

3 month ago, I thought it was time to stop...
first day without joint you feel that you will never be able to sleep, but as days are passing, it disapears, bad thing is now I smoke at least 10 cigarettes a day, I didn't smoke any when I smoked weed.
but... for new year eve, we went to maastricht (NL) with friends, the first joint made me so high! (some powerfull blue berry weed, whaooo), I know I can resist to smoke again, but my god... it's so good....
you can easily stop if you really want to (and make love if you can't sleep, it works better than weed)

good thing is, that now I really wake up in the morning, I don't feel tired/high like when I smoked a big blunt before sleeping each night... and that is really good sometimes to feel "normal",I mean "not high".
and I really enjoy when now I smoke one spliff with friends on saturday night for example. (one spliff a week is good no?)

sorry for my english, I'm a frenchie as I said :roll: :wink:

lxflx

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
14 Déc 2006
Making the decision to quit is harder than actually doing it. I've quit successfully in the past, after 5 years of daily use, and it was unpleasant for a week or two but far from impossible.

I've been telling myself i want to quit for the past 6 months, but still i'm toking up every night. If you really want to quit, i mean if every part of you wants to quit, then you'll just quit and it won't be a big deal. But my rational side may want to quit... emotionally i still feel as if i need to, so i still end up smoking every night.

I agree with what Jimmy_Kalahari said.
This is very true for me for example:
Weed gives you protection against society stupidness and hardness, it puts some kind of forcefield around you, if you feel you still need it you probably have some stuff in your life you still have to sort out.

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
My addiction doesn't lie within weed, it's the evil nicotine. I sometimes smoke weed daily for like a week, then quit for a month.

Yet I still smoke a pack of these fuckers everyday, fortunately I cut back from 2 packs a day.

lucky_strike.jpg

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
I used to smoke a lot of weed, from Highschool till my second year of studies. It interfered too much with my studies and I desided to quit for a year. Everything went ok, the first two or three weeks were not pleasant ofcourse and I had problems sleeping but after a while that is ok. It just did a lot of sports and other activities that kept me busy.

After this year I found that I could smoke once in a while and that was ok, its sometimes once a week but there also once a month or even less. I also stopped smoking sigarettes a few years later, still quited after more than 4 years now (after 10 years of smoking) but I cannot do the same with sigarettes as with weed, I soon realised that nicotine is much more addictive than weed and desided not smoke them again, also not once in a while.

This sounds stupid but here in Holland we smoke our weed with tabacco so I think in some way I am still addicted to nicotine but whould never light up a sigaret, I don't think I could control myself.

acim2

Banni
Inscrit
15 Mar 2007
I've smoked for over 25 years now, about 20 every day.
Recently I stopped for a few times for over a month.

When I first quit, I had night sweats and trouble sleeping for almost a week.

I find that if I smoke once or twice a day, taking a day off every so often, and always starting after 4:20PM...that I can have a productive day and fun night. If I start too early, or smoke too much it slows me down. If I smoke too late it slows down my morning.

I always keep in mind that I've never regretted quitting weed...so there's nothing to lose to try for a while. If I fail, and smoke when I'm supposed to be quiting, I try to get back on the wagon as soon as possible. (As opposed to saying..."now that I failed, I can smoke all I want!")

Anything that is this hard to quit....well....maybe it's not such a good thing. Although, I am currently smoking a lot of really good weed on a daily basis, I must admit.

Some good news:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articl ... 414B7F0000
and an older one:
http://www.webmd.com/news/20000508/mari ... use-cancer

Good Luck! I'm not a 12 stepper...but take it one day at a time.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I guess my post here might sound a bit off...I've never smoked weed everyday and i have made it a point in my exhistence not to become too addicted in 6 years that i've been smoking i've had an avg of 1 smoke session a month...without counting this week where i've smoked 1 pipe pure, 1 joint and 1 bong tobacco MJ (i'm trying the best way to smoke it)....however when i feel i want to get high on MJ without smoking i usually make a tea of the dried leaves and drink it...or i tried with an astma inhalator i got from a friend of mine (it broke :crybaby: last year RIP) i would prepare a really strong brew MJ based and then i would charge the inhalator and would breathe the spray....now i've tried with my aerosol but it disperses so much...it works though...if you want it mellow (the bongpipe is the most powerful high so far)

so if you want to quit i say aerosol or inhaler or tea i dunno how i could help you
actually there was a frind of mine who quit smoking with a cut straw and was pretending to drag and had nicotine patches on...now hes aerosoling with me but he quit smoking

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
I just found a site that sells vaporizers
check it out (hint: google-it out)
Edit: look for mini blue

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
i was smokin for 4 yrs all nice n gud the first 3 and a half yrs!
the last 6 months before quiting weed i was becoming very f*** twisted,anxious and violent! i havent smoked last 2 yrs except one time i tried if it were like the ol times but nope o_O
i remember myself on cannabis using and c myself now!!!!
cannabis? F*** NO
im a peacefull pleasant weirdo but when i smoke weed i become a violent hyper-anxious twisted muthafucka... rofl
thc just aint fo me

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
twicon a dit:
but when i smoke weed i become a violent hyper-anxious twisted muthafucka... rofl
thc just aint fo me

you sure it wasn't cut with some other shit? :?
i heard that often is cause it's cut that it causes these kind of effects HOWEVER this could JUST BE A RUMOR i don't know for sure

i'm not sure about this one either....i heard that a tea is different from smoked MJ it gives different effects, can anyone confirm or dismantle the hypothesis???

JFK (NOT John Fitzgerald Kennedy) if i could i'd grow my own...and make brownies....id get fat....really fat...fat fatafataftaftftftfafmmmmmm gnam!GNAM!!
brooooooooownies.............. :drool:

G

Invité
spacecake is very different from smoked MJ. i find the eaten MJ much more enjoyable, but many people say the opposite thing.

if you really want to quit, expect some weird, weird dreams, restlessness and, if you smoke, you'll double your cigarrete daily count. at least this is what happened to me. i really wanted to quit, i stopped buying. as the dealer was my friend, i had to offend him, and argue real hard with him just because it had to stop. it stopped, and meditation has served (and still serves) me well.
without MJ after a big time of abuse, i felt socially naked, because when i was stoned, i really did not cared about anything. i fooled myself. all the books i've read while stoned, i've read them again and was mezmorized at the things i did not perceive. MJ is great, but just as alcohol, once in a week, two at most. this is what i feel and i don't expect anyone to agree, it is just my experience.

twicon

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
9 Mai 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
twicon a dit:
but when i smoke weed i become a violent hyper-anxious twisted muthafucka... rofl
thc just aint fo me

i'm not sure about this one either....i heard that a tea is different from smoked MJ it gives different effects, can anyone confirm or dismantle the hypothesis???
yeap tea is completely different for me, smooth high 8)