Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Not what I expected! Ayahuasca & DMT

MultiSyncLSD

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Avr 2013
Hello!
I came here to see whether anyone else had similar experiences with Ayahuasca and DMT as I did. I know that this might be kind of a weird question since all trips usually vary a lot depending on, well basically everything! However, I haven't really heard of anyone with similar experiences.
Anyway I guess I should start of with some background and stuff for those of you that are interested. I traveled the world recently and when I finally got to Peru, close to the end of my journey, I decided to try Ayahuasca because it's always been a great dream of mine! I hadn't had much encounters with psychedelics before except the occasional mushroom trip! ;) So I got in touch with Ayahuasca-Wasi close to Cuzco in western Peru.
The ceremony was much like any other and I wont bother you with all the formalities before going on a journey of this kind, anyway I'm sure you already know the nature of these preparations.
I had one cup of Aya and sat back against the wall with the rest of my trippers. It might be worth pointing out that I was traveling alone so the people I was tripping with where complete strangers to me.
I waited and the Shaman eventually started singing and just as he did that the first person in the room (we were 30 people or so) started puking in his bucket. That was when I started thinking ''wow people are actually starting to trip!'' I didn't feel anything really, not even nausea. After one or two hours they asked us if anyone would like a second dose and naturally I got up to drink another cup. After all I wasn't tripping and to quote McKenna: ''If it doesn't work for you on one or two tries, take more!''. As I returned to my seat I noticed that I had difficulty controlling my balance. After the second cup I suppose i started feeling the effects, sort of.. No visuals what so ever except when I reached for my bottle of water, it was as if I held a ball of 'moon-water' in my hands. I felt the typical psychedelic feel though, that sweaty palms feeling and the notion that all of my body parts where spread out and yet combined. And everything was pitch-black. The lights where off and I remember thinking ''Jeez I'm not doing anything worth doing, I gotta kill myself''. Understand this though, it wasn't a scary feeling only very very logical in my head. I was also in a 'psychedelic paralysis' so the 'killing myself' part felt impossible to accomplish since I couldn't move. I eventually, after perhaps 4 hours, puked my guts out and fell into some dream-less sleep. I understand from different psychedelic communities that the longer you keep going without puking the more intense it gets. I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get any visuals because that is what I love about Psychedelics!

Once I got home after my journey around the world I told my friends what I had experienced and out of the blue one of my pals tells me that he's got some Changa waiting in his room and that I could join him in a casual DMT evening with him and his friends. I was excited because I saw the opportunity to try out DMT a second time. I did a max dose of that foul smoke and felt the psychedelic feel again and immediately drifted off. It was much like Ayahuasca except this time I got some vague visuals. Then it hit me, I had the same visuals during my Aya trip only that I had forgotten about them! It sounds strange to forget such an important part of a trip but I did due to the fact that they where all in deep dark colors.

So what I'm wondering is whether I'm always gonna have these deep dark and somewhat depressing visuals or am I gonna get that burst of colors and shapes that so many DMT-experienced people speak about? I have an upcoming DMT session with my pals and it would be great with some ideas or tips or anything else that might improve my experience! One last note, the visuals I had during my Cubensis trips where more intense than both DMT and Ayahuasca, and that doesn't sound right does it? :Oo: However that Psychedelic feel on DMT and Aya I speak about were the strongest 'fucked up feeling' I've ever had. Aya/DMT= Pshysical sensations rather than visual for some people?

flexiverse

Banni
Inscrit
26 Fev 2013
Your just need a higher dose mate. Take it pure, mixed with nothing. Trust me you will see the most amazing visuals and colours ever. Aya is a slow burn experience over a long period of time. Changa is mixing stuff like weed with dmt and you can't really get an proper hit that way, plus you going to waste a tonne of dmt. Take it pure with the correct vape pipe!

so you have not experienced a proper dmt trip yet man, just a mild trip, not into dmt hyper space.

are you in the uk?

MultiSyncLSD

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Avr 2013
Ah that sounds great, I was beginning to wonder if I was incompatible with DMT or something like that. Hopefully I wont get Changa the next time I score some then! I did do a quite large hit of Changa but I kinda failed it. I've been smoking loads of weed in the past couple of years but that smoke you get of from Changa was on a whole new level, I mean damn that stuff tasted like shit! :smoke: Looking forward to hyper space! Thanks for the tips man, really appreciate it! I'm in Sweden btw ;)

S

Sabnock

Invité
Hey Multi, i specifically made an account after coming across your post here, to say something. Changa is a DMT enhanced herb combined with an MAOI containing herb. The important thing to know though, is that while someone can make an all in one mix where it's just one herb, on the other hand one can make it, and most often does, with 2 separate herbs, one of which contains DMT and the other the MAOI. I myself, surprisingly made me some "Ghetto Changa" by using DMT enhanced herb with some Syrian Rue seeds, in a pipe. The DMT enhanced herb is actually more preferred now apparently, amongst those who smoke DMT because it's purely the DMT you are smoking and no MAOI and plus it's waaaaay easier to smoke than the crystal stuff.

I've done Aya in the form of Mimosa and Rue, so much so that i have been looking into Changa as a smokable alternative to oral Aya. I made my DMT enhanced herb quite easily by simply doing a cold water brew with 100 grams of Mimosa, after filtering evaporated it down to almost nothing and mixed in Sodium Carbonate, once it was all dry i simply did 6 pulls with 91% Iso Alcohol and evaporated that onto 3 grams of some herbal cigarette blend (which was perfect btw and was the only herb source on hand at the time). I weighed the enhanced herb and it weighed 8 grams, and there was no residual Sodium Carbonate that i saw and the herb was quite potent = 1 hit and you're def. feeling it, 3 to 4 hits, holding each hit for as long as i can and i put the pipe down.

Most say to do a 1:1 ratio of DMT to herb, however my Mimosa inner root bark is quite freaking potent and one single 00 or 000 capsule of the root bark with Rue orally was how i've always done it and was quite powerful each time, so i decided to go with a 1:3 ratio instead, but it's still pretty potent, i could only imagine what an 1:1 ratio would have been like lol.

My goal one day, is to extract say, 100 grams of Mimosa onto 25 grams of herb, which is 250mgs each dose, 4 doses in a gram, with a high concentration of Harmalas or even oral Hordenine (an MAO-B inhibitor said to potentiate smoked DMT). That way if enough MAO is inhibited to fully activate 1 gram worth of Mimosa which will be equivalent to 250mgs of herb, then that should provide me with many close to 100 doses i'd think in 25 grams of herb. Of course, this is all hypothetical and in my head but i'm hoping i'll be able to pull it off.

equanimity

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Nov 2014
I hear your complaint about seeing dark colors and experiencing negative feelings. The answer is not more DMT trust me. DMT is the soul drug for a reason. DMT is used by your pineal gland "third eye" (literally a working eyeball in the center of your skull) to view astral light, develop clairvoyance, etc, etc. The colors you are describing are what astral planers refer to as being in the badlands or the basement. This is a semi hell like trance state. The bright beautiful spiritual trances come from practice of a altruistic believe system. Basically it is your state of mind not the drug itself. Also a good way to produce positive thought and emotion is binaural beats.

Chamhan

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
11 Juil 2014
MultiSyncLSD a dit:
I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get any visuals because that is what I love about Psychedelics!

So that means you took ayahuasca to enjoy a psychedelic, like LSD or something else. If you want to have fun with visuals, there are plenty of other drugs to do it far less dangerous than ayahuasca.

i really think you are wrong in the way you take ayahuasca. So think different or dont take it.

Dont take ayahuasca to "have fun". Stay with DMT simply.

BrianNori

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Déc 2014
There are many factors in working with Aya in this regard. I worked within an aya retreat center for some time and it was always interesting to see how the medicine worked differently with so many people. I did notice that your current health state was directly correlated to the intensity of your experience. People who had done liver flush's before hand seemed to go very deep. Also it is common that some chronic weed smokers will not feel the effects of Aya right away.

Whyra

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
9 Nov 2014
Ayahuasca works on different ways. It is not only visual. If you are concentrating too much on the visual effects, you will miss a lot of the deep processes going on.

You can control your ayahuasca experience by your concentration. It is actually possible to make yourself totally sober during the journey and then go back to the ayahuasca world. Once you learn how to choose the path you want to go you will get so much more from the trip.

There are different layers in our conciousness and the reality we experience. It is all about which layer or part or whatever you are concentrating on. That is how your reality, your experience, is shaped. Here's a very simple example from your everyday life: If you concentrate on the negative things, you will experience a negative reality.

This is what ayahuasca can teach you in a very concrete way.

But for me it sounds like you are not ready for ayahuasca. You are looking for something else than expanding your reality and learning more about your mind and experience. As long as you are hoping to get something specific, such as visuals, you will miss the most important stuff.

Another lesson the trips teach to you is that you will not always get what you want. The thing is to get the best benefits from what you got even though you didn't really want it. To accept what you get. To accept the reality as it is, not as you would like it to be. And learn from it.

AliSpirit

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Juil 2015
i didn't have an experience like that..i feel like mine is too weird almost ...yours sounds like a lot of other stories Ive read though

Ula8hh77

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Déc 2015
Hi There

I was hoping if anyone can give me an understanding on an experience I had with dmt?

It as about 6 years ago I tried dmt for the first time I was with my best friend we were like brothers, He had already done it many times but this one night I wanted to tried it so now I'm sitting on the end of the bed holding a bong packed with weed and topped with dmt as I ripped it I held the smoke in as long as I can and as I was slowly blowing out the smoke at the same time I was resting myself on the bed now I'm lying down with my eyes closed then the affect starts to begin I can hear everything crystal clear but so loud I was telling my mate to sit down and don't move and breath quietly because it was so loud and then just like that I'm flying through a black portal couldn't make out anything there so many things flying past me and then I come into a pitch black space I can only see a very small white light and as I start to go to it on my left and my right there were two what felt like demons tried to attack me so I held each one of them by the throat squeezing it very tight then I came into the white lite then something approached me that looked like a grey alien and he told me that I had to come to a temple that he was pointing at I said okay Ill come just go but then he said that he is gonna take my mate with him and I kept saying no don't leave him alone I'll come just leave him then I woke up and as I looked at my mate he had tears coming down his eyes and he said to me did you know that you were talking to someone, I replied Yes I knew everything that was happening and then he replied back that I had an experience that wasn't something normal and we both tried to research anything that could give us an answer then about a month later my best mate passes away (may he rest in peace) on the last hours of his death he wasn't himself other friends were with him and told me the things he was doing witch was not normal so I hope you can respect what I have shared here with you.