Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

No THC in cannabis flowers... just yet

izmar

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
18 Déc 2004
This might be news for many psychonauts: there is no THC in marijuana and most hashish.

"Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. When marijuana is smoked, the THC behind the hot spot is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn through the joint or pipe bowl to the unburned material. The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200° C (355-392° F). Before they turn gaseous, at around 106° C (220° F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor."

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/2794.html

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
what about eating weed? i think it dissolves in stomach acid, which is mostly HCl... i don't know for sure actually

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I think you have to heat up the weed (by making butter or hasjoil) before you cook with it. Just eating weed won't get you high.

Many people will disagree, but I don't believe in eating unheated weed.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
But if you make weedbutter, you heat it only to about 100 degrees Celsius. This stuff does work however, even without further heating. It could be that some of the carboxyl is released at slightly lower temperature than 106, but it is also possible that there is a chemical reaction in your digestive system. Any chemistry experts here?

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
It's not like there's virtually no THC in weed. A small part of it is THCA. That's what you lose when making space cake etc.

THC binds to fat and water and IS in weed.

claire

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
I've read it on 2 different sources and the one quoted in the newspost itself comes from Ed Rosenthal, if I'm not mistaken. Are you saying that what's written there is a mistake? Because it implies the reverse of what you just said: it contains mostly THCA and perhaps a bit of THC. And what is your source for saying weed doesn't contain virtually no THC?

Regards,
Izmar