Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

new solar invention "artificial leaf"

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) professor Daniel Nocera and his colleagues announced the development of an effective, relatively inexpensive "artificial leaf"—a solar cell that can turn sunlight directly into chemical fuel. The playing card-sized device is made up of cheap materials—silicon, cobalt and nickel mostly—and when placed in a container of water and exposed to sunlight, it generates bubbles of oxygen and hydrogen.

full story, more links and specifics:
http://ecocentric.blogs.time.com/2011/0 ... lar-power/

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
hopeful stuff...

I always thought leaves were more efficient than what this article claims (<2.5%)..

Huh.

well I think it is too complicated to be the best solution, panels are still in my favor :)

sidefx

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
9 Nov 2007
its about bloody time.

i think were pretty pathetic as a race to still, "in this day and AGE", be destroying our beautiful Gem of a planet.

Greedy Greed Want want me ME

What will be Left...?

EewDefining

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
31 Déc 2011
Thats pretty cool. Hydrogen and Oxygen are great fuels. They use oxygen and liquid hydrogen (aka really cold hydrogen) to fuel the space shuttle main engines. These are the ones on the plane not the boosters on the side.

They use turbines that create hundreds of thousands of horsepower.

24072-004-A0B31296.gif

shuttlecutaway.jpg

Edit: my dad worked for nasa

IamYou

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Fev 2012
sidefx a dit:
its about bloody time.

i think were pretty pathetic as a race to still, "in this day and AGE", be destroying our beautiful Gem of a planet.

Greedy Greed Want want me ME

What will be Left...?

Amen to that! This is a cool article :)