Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

my mushroom is growing down towards the perlite..Pics up now

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
Is this ok or should i try and stant it up somehow. im guessing not to tamper you leave it b but i dont know. n e help il relly appriciate it

come on fellow psychonauters please i need to know weather these two mushrooms are ready to pic since there viel has broken. theres the pic now u people out there please let me know what to do now with this cake. this is my first time growing so id love a little help on when to pic and weather uthink there ready. not all just the two big ones in the pic hanging down towards the perilite. i put a jar screw cap to raise it so it wouldent touch the perlite but i dono weather to pic or not. please people i need quick replys and help asap from u great people>

thanks all

Picture330.jpg

scroll downnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I have had this incident happen to me on a few of my cakes. One of the cakes was only sprouting mushrooms out of the bottom of the cake, so I flipped it and it proved to be rewarding. Another few cakes did the same, but I left them and it turned out ok. Some mushrooms tend to grow crazy and down at the pertile, this is ok, just leave the cake as it is. I have had this happen to me also, and the mushooms have turned out ok.

PEACE & LOVE

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
yeh but this one is sprouting out of the top and curving like a rainbow down towards the perlite

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
This has happen to me and I left the cake and it turned out fine. Is it actually touching the Pertile yet? It may take a turn towards the light before it hits the bottom.

PEACE & LOVE

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
The mushroom will be fine. Only problem is that it can be a bitch to clean of the perlite once you pick it. I've had a few times when I munch on some dried mushrooms and then feel that hard grit and have to spit it out to pick out the damn piece of perlite that somehow sneaked by the wash.

Just rinse the mushroom off gently under cold tap water once picked to clean off the perlite which may be stuck to it. Trying to brush it off tends to just spread it around.

G

Invité
I thought you couldn't use perlite to grow mushrooms ??? :shock:

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
You don't use perlite to grow mushrooms. I mean you don't use perlite in the cakes. Perlite is used to line the bottom of the fruiting chamber to add humidity to the chamber.

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
Is this the same CaptainMax that sold me a syringe of "Oh Canada" cubensis which turned out to be an Agrocybe?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" Perlite is used to line the bottom of the fruiting chamber to add humidity to the chamber."

By people using dumb methods . If they did it optimaly in the first place they wouldnt have to do that .

"If you black ot the sides of your fruiting chamber and have a light at the top, it should grow towards the light."

True . And it stops some sorts of contamination to .

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
By people using dumb methods . If they did it optimaly in the first place they wouldnt have to do that .

I am interested in a different method other than using Pertile, because that is the only one I know, and it seems like you have a better one?

PEACE & LOVE

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Use a dark container , a plastic laundry basket or baby bath is ideal . Put 10 - 15 cms of perlite or hydrophonic clay pieces/balls on the bottom . Put some water on them . Then put 1 - 2 cms of caseing on top . Use small cakes and put them on top . Then either a preasurre cooker full of sterilised rice or rye on top and then 1 - 2 cms of casing over the top of that . Cover the container with sone plastic / glass and open it for a few minutes 3 or 4 times a day . Or just put a few match sticks under it and let it get a little air all the time . That way all your humidity problems are gone , you dont get perlite on / in your mushrooms and most of the possible contamination problems are prevented . Caseing is peat and a buffer , usualy gardners chalk or lime . Balanced to PH 7 and wet a little . So it clumps in pea size peices when you squeeze it but water doesnt dripo out . Its cheeper and easyer . And you dont have to play post offices with shit or straw .

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
ok two caps broke their veil and on the perlite they are just touching but it looks like they droped there spores all over it or somthing because its all blackend kinda like dusted. il post a pic in a few minits im waiting on the camera to charge. but does this mean the cake wont produce a nother flush or does it have nothing to do with droping the spores onto the cake? also does anyone have a good link for making a spore print. im sure il find stuff but maby someone knows of a nicly set step by step instructions on doing it correct and steril. thanks for the replys tho. pics soon

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
here is the pic and here u can see the blackened perlite and u see how its growing downward. i have a light directly above them about 3 feet but im assuming the reflection off the white perlite made em grow down? i dono maby u do

Picture330.jpg

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
No you will get mroe flushes. Spores and flushes have nothing to do with eachother. Harvest those mushrooms that have the viel broken, and then a new flush will happen after you have harvested, usually in a few days or so.

Spore Print->http://www.shroomery.org/5256/How-can-I-make-a-spore-print

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
what about the small ones on the back side. there still small and kinda attached to the big ones with the viel broken. should i pick em all or try carfully to twist off the big ones and let the small ones keep going?? thanks for the reply tho 1919 i appriciate ur knowledge n help a lot

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
When I grew mine, and there was a few bigger mushrooms with broken viels, and then some smaller mushrooms also attached to the base, I would pick them all, and dry it. I am not sure of the correct way, but I think you have no other choice. I believe those smaller ones are 'aborts'. If the mushrooms are growing on the other side of the cake, do not pick those until their veil break.

PEACE & LOVE

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
By the way GOD, thank you for that piece of information. I will have to use that method in the near future.

PEACE & LOVE

BlimeyGrimey

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
20 Juin 2008
A cheap and ghetto way to turn your clear container into a dark container is to wrap it in duct tape. This will block out enough light to make them grow straight up.

The thing I hate most is that most containers have colored lids.

If your are doing one big casing then make sure to get a very DARK container because side pinning can be a bitch. If they pin on the side and grow along the substrate in a casing they can be hard to pick out and if left there they will start to rot after awhile and thats always a bad thing.

mushhed8055

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Avr 2008
i have a white top to the fruiting chamber. light goes threw but not as much if it was clear. i blacked out the sides but now im thinking i need a clear top. and should i spray or mist i mean every day> or as long as the perlite is keeping it at around 85 90% humidity without anything done to it except the moist perlite. should i mist also and get a clear top? does it mater if its air tight? i fan it 3 times a day but im just asking cause i have a clear top its just bigger then the tank by a little. i could cut it or just lay it on top? what do u think>?