Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Misconceptions about marijuana

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
While conducting further research on marijuana use in the United States and its implications, I came across this little gem of misinformation on the Drug Free America Foundation’s website. It is a fine example of arrogantly scripted works of anti-marijuana propaganda. Of all the facts they present, only a select few cite sources in any way, and these facts tend largely to be red herrings, as I will explain below. I have conducted a line-by-line analysis of all of their marijuana “facts.

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
It should be approved as a medicine, it’s harmless, it should be legalized outright just like it is in some European countries and it’s all about a laid back and worry-free lifestyle.

Its a misconception that marihuana is legal in the Netherlands because it isnt. Its illegal but tolerated. That means, that the cops dont have a commitment to punish cannabis users and distributors (coffeeshops usuall). However, its still illegal. If I'm stopped by the cops and searched and they find cannabis, even if its just a gram, they are allowed to take it away from me and fine me.

Indeed the wholesale is very illegal. Also, Dutch politics have had a very strict policy towards cannabis growers last year. Its now a fact that big shipments of dutch cannabis that are shipped to Germany, are made heavier using all kinds of crap, including ground up glass. Suspicion is that crap cannabis is sold in Holland as well. The high life's of this year talk about that all the time, coffeeshop owners complaining about the high prices and the miserable quality. I've seen what is currently sold in the sout of Holland, some strains look like dried spinach for crying out loud.... Lucky my coffeeshop has a big stash of CW Haze (10 euro per gram :( 0

Another misconception is that in Holland we are allowed to grow 5 plants without a penalty. This looks nice and friendy but in fact when you look at how dutch police shoud treat this, it becomes clear very quick that its complete bullshit:

If you grow the cops ask you if you voluntarirly give up your plants. If you do, no penalty, if you dont, you will receive a fine.

However, it was determined that the number of plants shouild not be the only thing to look at. Since some growers are able to yielld 1 kilo relatively easy with only 4 plants. So they made a checklist to determine how professional a grower is. Some points but not all listed here:

- Do you use artificial lighting (duh) -> 1 pro point
- Do you use charcoal filter to get rid of smells (duh) -> 1 pro point
- Do you make your own cuttings -> 1 pro point
- Do you grow using hydro ? -> 1 pro point.

So following this list, almost every grower is professional.

The situation in Holland is a little better than elsewhere but still major bullcrap. but since its a little better AND a lot of people havent got a clue about the real situation, people dont complain and dont take action.

G

Invité
Yeah it's still fucked up everywhere, but I think slowly, but shurely there will come better times, because a lot of countries nowadays are considering to legalise cannabis...

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
[quote:3cb98blx] * 80 percent of the people hurt in on the job accidents involving marijuana are the co-workers of the users – not the users themselves.
* You’re hurting everyone around you – even people you don’t even know. One of the greatest myths of marijuana is that it is a “victimless

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
and by the way, pot is not harmless. It's just does less harm than most of the legal products on the market, such as refined shugar, nutrasweet or alcohol.

If you make such an assumption, please back it up with examples, otherwise you are just helping the man doing his job: creating paranoia amongst cannabis users.

I am all for open info about this being it positive or negative but just saying 'cannabis causes harm' is bullshit imo.

Remenber the article a couple of weeks back, where the long standing claim that cannabis causes lungcancer, was proven wrong? This can be the case with other assumptions you personally may have, thats why I mention this :)

miow

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
5 Déc 2006
haha, i noticed that on there "drug facts" page*coughbullshitcough* they didnt say anything about alcohol and tobaco so i sent them this

hello, i was perusing through your website and i noticed that on your " drug facts" page you left out two of the most harmfull drugs around: alcohol and tobaco. i would request that as these are both proven beyond a doubt to be harmfull(physically and psychologically) that you include information similar to the content about other drugs. im all for your ideas of adrug free america but dont pick and choose the drugs you "inform the public about." the people who visit your website deserve the facts about everything, not just the illegal drugs.

i wonder what they will say? i tried to not be too pro drug so they wouldnt just throw it away. ill post there reply when i get it

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
HeartCore a dit:
If I'm stopped by the cops and searched and they find cannabis, even if its just a gram, they are allowed to take it away from me and fine me.

If you have 1 to 5 gram the police won't take it away from you.
You can only get a fine if you have more than 30 gram. If you have 5 to 30 gram they'll only take it away from you, but you won't get a fine. I've seen it happen before.

HeartCore a dit:
The situation in Holland is a little better than elsewhere but still major bullcrap.

Very true :)