Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Medium dosage for fresh Psilocybe cubensis is?

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
Maru a dit:
Yes, that's what I am looking for in a first step. Are'nt cubensis a bit stronger than 'truffles' ?
How long do you feel the effecs with 5 g (or 7-8 grams) ?

Here are some percentages of triptamines in different kinds of shrooms: .Erowid shroom info

Somewhere I read that psilocine is 1.5 times stronger than psilocibine. But I don't know if that's a fact. I would find it more logical that it is the other way around. So that 1/3 of the psilocibine is lost in the digestion and the other 2/3 is converted in psilocine. Maybe it's the same with baeocystine. So shrooms with a lot of psilocine, like cubensis, would start to peak sooner than liberty caps for example, which almost contain nothing but psilocibine. Truffles have about half of the amount of psilocine in comparison to cubensis. But truffles have a bit more psilocibine. Still cubensis contain more triptamines than truffles and they sell smaller portions of truffles than cubensis in the smartshop. That's what I find a bit strange. Maybe the percentages can't be compared, because of the difference in structure of truffles and normal shrooms?

I'm just a beginner too. I took the 5g for a first try just a few hours before going to sleep. So I don't really know how long the effect was there, but it was light enough to sleep through it. The rest of the box (10 g) I cut very small and dried them on a plate. I took them a week later, but they kept me awake at night. Maybe that was because of the taste of the truffles. Next time I'll make some tea. This sunday I have all day for myself, so I finally get to have time for a full trip.

Short tripreport on 5g truffles (body weight 60kg):
After 30 mins. I started to see Las Vegas from the inside of my eyelids. My thoughts were made of moving 3D coloured light objects. And there was a hint of a goblin-like atmosphere behind it all. A minute later it was like the mind of some funny goblins were observing my unconciousness and making fun with the things that I actually always saw as an embarrassing problem. This kind of humourous trip helped me putting things into a different perspective.

Sometimes I can see those fractals even without shrooms, but with the 5g philosopherstones its obvious and the mind feels different.

But maybe it's, like Brewmaster said, that I'm sensitive for the shroom.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
yeah, shrooms aren't like a mescaline trip which is an all day/ night affair, 10-18 hours. Shrooms, for me, usually last six hours, longer with rue, which makes me tired so I wouldn't use it. But if you're trying to eat them before bed and "dream trip"? , try it with 6g syrian rue and a low dose of shrooms. Rue makes most people sleepy.

So this past weekend, I had another camping trip planned with a few other friends and the wifey, but my little bulldog had an episode on the way out of town, and quit breathing. We rushed her to the hospital and she's fine now ( $526 later ) but she was in for a day and a half and it ruined our plans to go to the mountains. But that meant we could go hit up all the halloween parties that were going down that weekend. Rarely am I the life of the party, but I was Mister popularity saturday. Me an the wife were in a pretty crappy mood so we proceded to get wasted at a friends costume party. We were the only ones not in costume. I gave out at least an ounce of mushies and got damn near everyone spun. My friends' band was playing, and they all ate some and soon had to quit playing because they were totally fucking up. So I got on stage and played a few songs because I was drunk and I sing best when I'm drunk. My wife is absolutely hilarious on the few occasions when she gets hammered. A girl would come up to me and act all nice and be like "Hey, I heard you have some mushrroms for sale?" and I'd say "Well, they're actually free if you grab me a.." and then the wife would turn her head to look at us and say "If you show us your tits" or "If you let me grab your ass". Oh my god, it was funny. She's not really a lesbian (I dont think) she just enjoys fucking with people. All in all, it was a good weekend and I got to talk to a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while, hope you all had a good one too.

Pazusu

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Août 2006
@Brewmaster - In comparison my weekend: Yesterday I played a sopranosax solo with my orchestra in a stuffy village reception hall. It still smelled like beer and smoke of the weddingparty the day before. But I'm glad I got some positive reactions from the audience.
The day before: a party of 2 friends who are leaving for a year to Australia. And during daytime killing some armyworms who were wrecking my shed.

b2t - Nice tip about the light syrian rue and shroomtrip during sleepytime. I think I'll try that one time.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Space,

I meant 10 g fresh = 1 g dried (which is somehow what I get with my shrooms).

You guys seems to have much fun with shrooms :D !

G

Invité
Yeah we do :D

But I know what you ment ;)

Usually you can take the 1g dried = 10 grams fresh rule,
Some people use a 2,5 gram dried = 30 grams fresh rule...

I'd say take 5 gram dried or 60 grams fresh :mrgreen:

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
this w-e I took 1.3gr after drinking quite some alcohol, it was at a concert....as many time when that happens, I ended up spending most of my time outside talking to strangers, but I had fun that's what counts, had some good unstoppable laughs, and some nice insights...anyway the sound was not terrible so i didn't miss much.
one of the reasons i get out is also because of the smoke, it gets really annoying sometimes...but I won't support clubs who restrict smoking, even if it can be nice, just get a better ventilation system goddamn!!
I think these kind of small trips are nice between fat trips, but moderation is the key, like for everything...

oh I almost forgot that I lost my wallet at the end when I went home, I just have no goddamn idea how that happened :/ so always be careful ;o)

BridgeUnder

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Mai 2006
Maru a dit:
Ah well, two people saying that truffles are stronger, one saying softer...
Hmm, if 10g=30, I guess that I should try at least 10 g of cubensis for a mild trip right ?
I guess that the amount does not affect the duration but I prefer ask : will a mild trip with 1 g (10g dried) last for 6-12 hours like a full ones at 30 g would do ?

I think truffles are stronger (never taken them though).
A medium cubensis dose would be 15-20 grams fresh.

I've taken 9 grams fresh some time ago and these were my findings (*fires up his Excell file*) : yawning, sharper vision, everything looks a bit "different".

Most people won't feel anything below 10 grams, I was just being careful because I'm on medications, not knowing whether the meds would amplify the shroom effects or not.

1 gram dried = 10 grams fresh. Better not start with 10 grams dried! :wink: