Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

MAO's and MDMA

Serra

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2005
Hi there peeps

I was wondering wether it is dangerous to combine MAO's like St-Janskruid (St-Johns worth) with MDMA,
does it make the effect of MDMA stronger?

or is it maybe dangerous?

thx

Serra

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Mar 2005
ok so i mean MAO-I's and i just did a little search on erowid and got my answer,

in fact it is dangerous to mix the use of MAO-I's and MDMA,

quote: Do not mix MAOIs with Stimulants (including MDMA).
This can lead to hypertensive crisis and can be deadly.

UncleFester

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Nov 2004
ok so i mean MAO-I's and i just did a little search on erowid and got my answer,

in fact it is dangerous to mix the use of MAO-I's and MDMA,

quote: Do not mix MAOIs with Stimulants (including MDMA).
This can lead to hypertensive crisis and can be deadly.

I did this once... by accident.
Was experimenting with a new food suplement and missed the small print that warned about the MAOI's.
I took 1 1/2 pill that night, the E experience was increadable to say the least!

But at about 6am I came down with the shakes, very nervous, unsettled feeling, nausea, feeling very (can't translate this expresion, sorry) 'strak'.
I needed a full tab of clonazepam (very strong benzo) to bring me down... not good!
Thank god I always pre-load and post-load to minimize neural damange.

esin

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
1 Nov 2004
Serotonin syndrom and hypertensive crysis are very real risks.

I wouldn't combine MAOI's with anything other than psilocybin or DMT.

Goran.Hrsak

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
8) You can combine MAOi with E(all MD*.*).Rush will be stronger about 3 to 5 times.Depends what kind of MAOi you are taking.Selegilline,Aurorix,Harmalin,but there is always but:blood pressure will be higher,pulse rate.And all norandrenalin agonist in all form of amphetamins will relise to yours sinaptic hole every andrenalin,serotonin molecules so high will last longer.Try after take some benzodizepins or opiats to put you down because this can last for 48hours.Don"t be scared cause I do it every time when takeing uppers.But DO NOT COMBINE IT WITH SSRI-THIS IS THE REAL DANGER OF GETING MALIGNED SEROTONIN EFECT AND IF NOT TREATED MAYBE DEATH!!!! Whant something to else know just ask

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I guess you don't only multiply the effects but also the risks of mdma or speed. And, like Goran.Hrsak already said: everything you take with a MAOI will last much longer than without (with shrooms it feels like it's never going to end...)

Arafat

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
9 Déc 2005
hey, what kind of maoi is best to take with shrooms. I like doing shrooms but the trip ends to soon and cannabis doesn't make it longer for me or more beautifull, so I want to try it with een maoi, if you guys have any suggestions that will do the trick, thanx.

Nick

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have only tried Peganum Harmala with shrooms (5g crushed seeds in hot water about 20-30 minutes before the shroom tea).

BUT - the shroom experience doesn't only last longer, it also becomes different and MUCH stronger. I took about 6g of shrooms with it and that was too much...
At first I thought it wouldn't work at all because it took over an hour until there were some effects, but then after about 2 hours I knew it was going to be strong - after 3 hours it was still getting stronger, after 4 hours I swore to myself that I would never again in my life do any drugs :roll:

I can't say exactly what the difference was, but it felt kind of darker and deeper than without MAOI - I really cannot describe it, but it was a tad too much and it became stronger for hours.
I guess I gotta try this again with less shrooms, maybe then it's a better experience :?:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Only did it once.... After not having tripped in ten years, I inspired someone on a christian forum, to start growing mushrooms. I wa just about to start myself and was waiting for my spores.

This guys send me (I lived in France back then), 4 grams of his dried first harvest. I was excited but also wanted to get as much out of it as possible (knowing that 5 grams dry isnt taking me where I want to go). Luckyly, I had a bag of peganum harmala left. I ground up about 5-10 grams of seeds, made some tea (disgusting!) and drank it.

The trip came on very strong. There also was a very distinct different kind of presence. One book about psychedelics I posses, refers to peganum as 'link to the ancient spirits'. Well, thats where I went.

At some point, I was receiving shamanic lessons. I knew a different language. A language I can only refer to as shamanic. I had knowledge about powerful language constructions to describe very specific mental states and illnesses. I got a beautiful lesson about letting go fears and some other things. The language though was the weirdest thing.

The next day, I'm writing a thank you email and a trip report when I notice an email coming in. It's from my friend from Holland who sent me the shrooms. I can tell you that I got the shivers up my back when I read that he had been taking the shrooms at night and had this weird experience of learning a shamanic language used to describe specific mental states....

I dont know if this was due to the MAOI's. What I can say for sure is that the trip is different than 'just' a shroom trip.

With XTC I don't know the drill. I only know that MDMA is not a very safe drug and that it would be wise to be very careful with it.

If you want to experience the 'real' thing, stay natural ;)

HC

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I remember reading that St. John's Worth is a reversable MAO-I, just like any other 'natural' MAO-I, which makes it not dangerous in combination with the types of food you usually cannot eat with MAO-I's. I don't know the deal with MDMA, but common sense suggests to be careful, while it is probably safer than an unnatural MAO-I.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
St. John's Worth is a reversable MAO-I, just like any other 'natural' MAO-I.That is not true.It is old fashoned Inhibitor of mono amino oxydaysis.One and only one reversible MAOi is AURORIX-meclobemide-antidepresion drug.

First of all, there are many different MAOis of both reversible and irreversible type. Irreversibles bind themselves to the enzyme permanently and thus induce an inhibition that can last up to couple of weeks. Harmine and harmaline for example are NOT of this type. They are reversible MAO inhibitors acting roughly up to 24 hours.

Moclobemide is indeed used in antidepressants and is also a reversible MAOi.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Then take RIMAOi with SSRI Anti depresant and there will be nothin to describe like some serotoninergic maligned sindrome,or autonomney instabilitiy,heart pumping,hyperpirexia,confusion,convulzions and coma!!!, which will hapen if you take harmalin-(good thing).Harmalin doesnt have in vivo potency to attach to proteins as Yumex OR Niar-(selegillin,old antidepresivs.) or real MAOi. Diference is with MAOi wich can make even death(WHITH ALL SYMPTOMS ABOVE)is that thay bonds with proteins for four to thirty days-depends on dosage.This is real story behinde MAOi and RIMAOi 8) yOU WHERE 70% RIGHT.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Arafat a dit:
hey, what kind of maoi is best to take with shrooms. I like doing shrooms but the trip ends to soon and cannabis doesn't make it longer for me or more beautifull, so I want to try it with een maoi, if you guys have any suggestions that will do the trick, thanx.

Nick
8) The best are syntetic-know the dosage and what the hell is it----selegillin(for young Parkinson),meclobemide(antdepr.,Aurorix),and some old anti depresant-hard to come by BUT THE BEST THING ON EARTH TO MULTIPLY SHROOMS BY 300%!!! Or try mix it with opiats or Valium-mind is so calm like little pond,Astral projections every fifteen voyages-incredible expiriance.Or E for chaos or near death XP-I like that.

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
I'd say that do not fuck with amphetamine analogs and MAOIs, but if you have to, try very, very small dosages at first. We are all different, and even though you might not die (like the same goddamn ages old MAOI study every web page directs you to might lead you to think), a massive headache on the comedown is not a very cool thing to have, what with MDMA comedown being generally not the greatest experience on earth in the first place.

The best thing to do is not to trust anything people on an internet forum tell you, but if you have to try, go with a natural MAOI source first, use a low dose, and see what happens. A head- or a stomachache is a good sign that this is not a good idea to pursue further.

Seriously, clinical studies on this appear to be years behind the psychedelic/drug community, so caution is advised. Approach combining MAOIs and amphetamine-like substances with the same mindset as you would approach ingesting so-called research chemicals.

And I really, really hope that anybody here is not railing 2c-i thinking it is safe and all that just because a lot of people have done it.

edit: and to each their own and all that, but to me combining psychedelics with opiates feels like what it must feel like to a devout catholic to shit in the communion wafer box.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
:x I never give false imfo shithead.I have good heart and I am wicca sorcerrer.Every thing evil I done will come back three times on me.So dont write on this forum sentences that you can not beleve other people.Hire on this forum only 5% is mybe fantasy or lie, other is true.you didnt ofend only me but every body on Psychonaut forum.Forum is for excanging XP!!! :!:

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
:x I never give false imfo shithead.I have good heart and I am wicca sorcerrer.Every thing evil I done will come back three times on me.So dont write on this forum sentences that you can not beleve other people.Hire on this forum only 5% is mybe fantasy or lie, other is true.you didnt ofend only me but every body on Psychonaut forum.Forum is for excanging XP!!! :!:

Get off your horse and settle down.

First of all, among the Psychonaut forum users there are probably no qualified medical professionals with an extensive knowledge both theoretical and clinical on the functions of the substances discussed on this forum, so whatever we recommend to others is based on either reading medical studies made by others or through personal experiences. Anecdotal evidence always has the problem that it is very subjective. Because of that drugs with little history of testing (such as RCs) or combinations that seem counterintuitive are always to be treated with respect and care.

My advice of "never trusting what anybody says on an internet forum" was not aimed specifically at you. Instead, it was common sense that everyone discussing drugs/pharmaceuticals should have tattooed on their brain. We cannot ever know what kind of people we are discussing with, unless we know them personally. Therefore, taking anything at a face value isn't a good idea. I merely put it there as a reminder since the topic calls for care.

Also, presume to speak for yourself, not for everyone else, but thank you for calling me a shithead anyway. I hope it doesn't come back on you threefold.

As for this:
I have good heart and I am wicca sorcerrer.Every thing evil I done will come back three times on me.
And I am the grand khubar of Allah the Magnificient and the world trembles before me. That proclamation didn't really change anything or improve my credentials, did it? At least I hope it didn't.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
And I am the grand khubar of Allah the Magnificient and the world trembles before me. That proclamation didn't really change anything or improve my credentials, did it? At least I hope it didn't.[/quote]

Moon is shining tonight, and Evil eye are gazeing trought you.Fullish man why you are so behind. Behind the trees and in the Maze.If you appologise minor demon is not going to visit, every DAY YOU in the dream.What is his name? and without appologie you can pacefuly sleep every night again! grand khubar of Allah the Magnificient

Scinet

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Nov 2005
And I am the grand khubar of Allah the Magnificient and the world trembles before me. That proclamation didn't really change anything or improve my credentials, did it? At least I hope it didn't.

Goran.Hrsak a dit:
Moon is shining tonight, and Evil eye are gazeing trought you.Fullish man why you are so behind. Behind the trees and in the Maze.If you appologise minor demon is not going to visit, every DAY YOU in the dream.What is his name? and without appologie you can pacefuly sleep every night again! grand khubar of Allah the Magnificient

Time to cool down a bit man. Things are not as serious as you make them to be.

edit: also skip with the poetry.

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
A person who claims to believe in some form of karmic law starts to threat another person with demons merely for pointing out that everyone should exercise some source criticism when it comes to psychoactive substances (and especially their combinations). What's wrong with the picture?

There is a lot of false information circling around the internet. Some of it is deliberate and some is spread by those who just don't know better. As the old saying goes, it's better to be safe than sorry. Especially when in some cases the "sorry" might mean ending up pyschotic and/or dead.

Now I hope that some things that have been said in this thread came with a twinkle in the eye. But still I wish there wouldn't be more threatning of any kind. I'd like to think that the psychoactive community is, at least in some sense, "in the same boat". And as long as we keep jumping at eachothers throats over thing like this, the chances for the rest of the world taking us seriously are pretty slim.

Let's all just try to act wise and friendly towards one another, 'mkay?