Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

magick?

MrEmo

Banni
Inscrit
17 Juin 2010
McAllister a dit:
"Do What Thou Wilt" means interface with the higher will ... as opposed to "Do Whatever You Want" .

PETER J. CARROLL's "Liber Null and Psychonaut" is worth reading IMO, for a deeper understanding of the difference between "want" and the true will.
personally i have no conflict believing in an empirical and a spiritual reality at the same time.

(i would write more but im tripping on mushrooms and can hardly hold the letters still long enough to type them)

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
McAllister a dit:
"Do What Thou Wilt" means interface with the higher will then be its avatar/representative on Earth, as opposed to "Do Whatever You Want" which could involve catering to negative demands from the lower ego.

When I feel I've interfaced with higher beings via a shroom trip I want to spread the love and tell of the feelings of connectedness and harmony with nature I feel. The last thing I want to do is debate the contents of the Book of the Law.

The higher will is an individual thing that will be different for different people. Therefore I think Crowley has it right when he warns people of discussing the contents of the Book of the Law, since it is an individual guide book that will mean different things to different people, and it's pointless wasting time creating grief and negative karma arguing all the different opinions people have of it when there is no one size fits all. Better to just bask in the love, peace and harmony of the universe and spread the good karma.
I actually forgot a lot if the book now but how the hell do people take such an individual approach to a thing that states how there can be only one perfect
you have no idea what you are talking about when you say why he doesn't want people to talk about the book

in the book he talks about controlling people
your will isn't meant to go against someone elses because your goal is to make other peoples' wills conform with yours

people like you aren't meant to get it

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"people like you aren't meant to get it"

is that necessary?

how do you expect people to learn what is meant if your just an asshole to anyone who wants to know?

you have no idea what you're talking about when you tell other people that they have no idea what they're talking about

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
waygie a dit:
I actually forgot a lot if the book now but how the hell do people take such an individual approach to a thing that states how there can be only one perfect
you have no idea what you are talking about when you say why he doesn't want people to talk about the book

in the book he talks about controlling people
your will isn't meant to go against someone elses because your goal is to make other peoples' wills conform with yours

people like you aren't meant to get it
You need to start showing more respect man. Respect and be respected.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
ok, so what is the use of magick? what are reasons to get into it?

as from my perspective, it seems to me that people who get into magick do so to mess with psychic/supernatural/spiritual/whathaveyou stuff, but without really having to accept that there is no seperate self, i.e., to get off your ego.
this, of course, is quite naïve to say, foremost because I have no idea about magick. I once read a bit into it with the intent of trying it, but I felt very weird to consecrate my room to the 4 archangels - so I went outside to the park instead :p

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
in my point of view, the goal of using magick is to gain complete control over your thoughts and emotions.

for better understanding of the principles behind magick, this essay is worth reading: http://dreamflesh.com/essays/nlpmagick/

also on the book of law, a few days ago i read hesse's demian, it basicaly deals with Will and it's manifestation. a recomended read.

ararat

Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
Nanacapilli a dit:
You need to start showing more respect man. Respect and be respected.
essential advice. love and be loved. :D

sopor, thanks a lot for the link, cleared up a lot of matters :) linking magick to NLP made it a whole lot more comprehensible.

McAllister

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
30 Juil 2008
sopor a dit:
in my point of view, the goal of using magick is to gain complete control over your thoughts and emotions.

for better understanding of the principles behind magick, this essay is worth reading: http://dreamflesh.com/essays/nlpmagick/

also on the book of law, a few days ago i read hesse's demian, it basicaly deals with Will and it's manifestation. a recomended read.

That’s exactly right. Thoughts are coming to us all the time and we can choose whether to bring the positive ones or the negative ones into the world. If we can bring them under control of our higher will, we can choose the positive ones and exorcise the negative ones. My psychedelic experiences have brought me new understanding to Crowley’s Book 4 Part 1 when he suggests trying to still the mind and amusingly summarises the goals of yoga as sit still, stop talking, shut up, get out!

If you speak as the vessel of your higher will then no one can tell you you don’t know what you’re talking about and you don’t get it. The higher will gets it, and you become its representative, interpreting what it wants to communicate by instinct and intuition, and saying it out in words.

magickpsychonaut

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
19 Sept 2010
McAllister a dit:
sopor a dit:

I'd like to know more about your point of view as concerns magick. You mention complete control over thoughts and emotions and have referenced a couple of sources, would you mind providing a few more. I'm interested in following your train of thought as well as understanding where you are coming from, so to speak. Thanks.

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
let me try.
in my reality everything is cause-effect. what you do is conditioned by your previous experiences, beliefs - reality tunnel. the thinker thinks, the prover proves. if you expect to see shit, shit is what you will get. this is why control over your thoughts and emotions is important. try puting yourself in some situation, first with a smile on your face and then soaked with fear. are the outcomes the same? seeing that everything is relative and can be influenced is big. our minds are mostly programmed to go through life doing things that are most obvious for us to do, what we believe is the right thing to do. but where do your beliefs come from? why do you believe all those things anyway? why do you hold to hold to believes that limit you? you are but a giant living in a pygmey hut, why do you spend the days bent under the short ceiling, break the walls and go for a walk. (love quoting robert anton wilson, google him) one could suggest that believes therefore limit us, but why not seeing belief as a tool to program reality? this idea is the core of chaos magick paradigm. but since belief functiones on subconscious level of our mind, it is not easy to reprogram it. one has basicaly bypass some of the minds filters to acces subconsciousness.
this is where the altered states come in. most common form is gnosis. it can be achieved by meditation or sleep/food/sensory deprivation or intense sexual arousal, dancing, drumming,... sigil is a basic example of such reprogramming. an intent is formed and aranged into a glyph which is used to meditate upon when reaching gnosis. and then forgetting it. it will work without me consciously knowing it. sigil is basically a magick ritual stripped to its core. traditional magick only uses many often dramatical subconsceous triggers to imprint into a willing mind in the state of gnosis. these triggers are symbols, intent translated in the language of the (global) subconsceousness, often using powerfull corelations that human mind has developed. (at this point i recomend reading on memetics, it can blow the mind) but what does all this have to do with controlling the emotions? isn't this even more messing with the mind instead of just shutting the chatter and go with the flow? only if you choose to view it as such. or you can see it as a technology to modify yourself and the world, to explore the limits, manifestation of glory so to speak. as above so below.

this is what i imagine as a brief map of my beliefs about magick.

more related brain food:
-robert anton wilson - simply genius, read the prometheus rising - a owners manual to the human brain
-peter j. carroll - liber null and psychonaut - provides a objective view on magick rituals and magickal path
-chaos magick - google it
-psychology: timothy leary, carl jung
-memetics: art of memetics for a more occult view on memetics
-deoxy.org is a tasty sauce

hope this helps