Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Looking for the name of a plant...

Psyolopher

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Juil 2008
I heard rumors along time ago, and i just remembered it now for a some mysterious reason.

But, an old friend of mine said...
that if you barely get the juice from the plant on your finger you feel like you're flying and u giggle alot.

But if you eat it or do the dose up, it will kill you...or mostly likely would.
It was supposed to be used as posion, so its deadly to swollow ive heard.

Whats the name of this plant?

And where the fudge does it grow?

deadflagblues

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Juil 2009
ahhh the infamous LSD bush...
its almost extinct you know?
hahaha just kidding sounds interesting ive joined you in your search for this mystical plant :D

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
I would say anything with high amounts of atropine and scopolamine.

Datura, Brugmansia, etc...

deadflagblues

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
25 Juil 2009
^ good point! the flying sensation and risk of death are common characteristics of the nightshade family. and ive read many times that they were used as poisons throughout history.

lenie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
11 Jan 2009
i don't really think you will start giggling on datura :lol:
maybe you should look in a list of poisoness plants.

mrvitorsky

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juin 2009
Is it simply http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/h/hemloc18.html
the Hemlock?(synonyms: Herb Bennet. Spotted Corobane. Musquash Root. Beaver Poison. Poison Hemlock. Poison Parsley. Spotted Hemlock. Kex. Kecksies.)

But the belladonna used to be used in "witches brews" and it would be called the flying ointment or some shit, sounds exactly like what you said. Sure its not the belladonna?

Affirmatory

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Déc 2008
Well wiki says 10 berries can kill a human. There is no proper dosage for these plants, but even a small amount would poison you.

I wouldn't do it.

MindAsh

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
17 Juil 2010
Affirmatory a dit:
I would say anything with high amounts of atropine and scopolamine.

Datura, Brugmansia, etc...

id have to concur with this tho more likely scopolamine as atropine is poorly recived through the skin hence why any tropane alkaloid containing plants like datura were used as main ingredients in witch's flying ointments because when applied topically they were less toxic than if ingested due to the atropine being less active if at all and atropine is usually responsible for deaths related to datura/mandrake/henbane/deadly nightshade ect

JJJ

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
17 Avr 2004
I don't really believe there is any plant that can poison you through the skin. I'd say this story is a kind of urban myth, mixing up stories about nightshades and perhaps the LSD discovery by Albert Hoffman.