Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Looking for somebody to participate in project

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
Hello everyone,

I am posting in the hope of finding somebody who works with ayahuasca and/or iboga.

My name is Francesca Harris and I'm a third year photography student at Middlesex University currently working on my final major project, I have posted on here before about this when I was first looking for participants. I am photographing psychedelic psychonauts; those who explore their minds through the use of certain psychoactives. To go with each portrait I am conducting an interview and photographing a place where each person had a psychedelic experience. The project is going well, but to make it more balanced in regards to the different 'types' of psychonauts, I would love to find somebody over the age of 40 who has experience (the more extensive the better) with ayahuasca or iboga. This more recognisably shamanistic side of things is something the series is currently lacking in. All the better if this person happen to be female, as I have many more males than females so far!

My reasons for undertaking the project is because of my passion in the subject matter, and because I believe that the information people see concerning psychoactives in general is currently rather one sided. I would like the series to provide a different perspective to what is put forward by the media and government, and to challenge preconceptions. As objectively I can, I hope to present a fairer and more positive view of psychonautic culture. No such project has been done before, and as one of photography's most wonderful tools is the power to show and teach, I feel it is important to document the people that have made the decision to turn away from the law and stigma because they value the experiences psychedelics can enable them to have so highly.

I've had negative responses to previous posts on some forums concerning my legitimacy. Here is a link to my flickr account where you can see some of my work: http://www.flickr.com/photos/francescaharris/
I can also offer my facebook and phone number on request, though I don't know that even this will satisfy the most cautious!

The series will be exhibited at my end of degree show, which of course all participants are invited to, and I hope to turn it into a book. In return for your time I can offer you a print.

I'm based in London but can travel as much as finance allows. If you are interested or would like to find out more, please feel free to contact me at [email protected].

Kind regards to all,

Fran H.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
If you want to come to the states - I'm only 22 though

:D

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
I'm afraid the US is a little out of my budget :lol: Thank you though.

ararat

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Juin 2006
nice idea and nice project!

if Vienna fits your budget feel free to drop by. I'm a mere 21 though, and so is another psychonaut I know, and both of us haven't done ayahuasca nor iboga.

- a fellow photography student :)

sub_rosa

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
1 Nov 2010
Vienna is a little far too! Got to stick to the UK unfortunately. Thank you for your offer though :)