Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

KK242 for you cacti lovers!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey guys, i was just wondering if anyone has any experience with these cacti? they are suposed to be a hybrid peruvian torch with small spines (close but more rare/potent then jules giant). i am growing 5x KK242 clones with nice size roots.

skoeip

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
hell man, please post some dirty pictures for us! :p

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
:twisted: Yes, dirty pictures please!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
and the cacti are in! i have to find the camera.. but ill try to post some pics asap

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
100_1212.jpg

100_1211.jpg

100_1210.jpg

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Beautiful!!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
thanks!

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
nice! let us know how they grow up!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
will do! i figure i shouldnt see any growth for at least 2-3 weeks untill the roots settle.. but ill post more pics once they are noticably bigger

mrvn

Inscrit
18 Oct 2007
ah, so cute :D

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I have been thinking if one of my cacti, which has longer quills than the other San Pedro, could be one of this hybrid as well. I know it contains a lot of good stuff (tried it myself) but it just looks a little different from the others. Not much, just a little darker in color and the quills are a little longer.
I can't quite see that on your pictures, but your specimen aren't that big yet, so one can't see the quill length of mature one.

My cactus is right now also in a bad state for comparison. It has been cut, and it's just starting to grow branches. I will take a picture as soon as it's bigger this summer.

P.S. you will want to give them bigger pots when they grow up. Each of my cacti is in a pot at least 4x the size of your bigger pot. They need room for their roots!

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey, about the size of the spikes, the spikes actually look larger when the cacti are small, and then the spines end up staying about the same length. (KK242 are known for having extrmemely small spikes, much like the juules giant) the only way to get a true kk242 is if you take a cutting from another plant. when you get seeds from the KK242, for some reason when they germinate the cacti turns into a regular peruvian torch (with longgg spikes).

as for the pots the cacti are in, yeah i know they'll need to be put into larger pots. but as for now they have almost no roots.. so im just waiting for those to come in. ill post more pics as soon as possible

zombeastie

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Jan 2009
Nice looking cacti, looks like they will be giving you love for a long time!

unless you eat them that is =D

either way, enjoyable experinces

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
kk242 is a collection code, kk stands for Karel Knize the collector. and 242 is a collection site somewhere in Peru.

Edit: Hi Goran! :D

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
so far 2 of these cactus have grown close to an inch so far, while the other 2 are just starting to grow. the roots are just starting to come around. i figure by next year they will start growing pretty fast.

they are getting 100% direct sunlight from sunrise till about 1-2pm, then they are out of direct sunlight for the rest of the day. i just put them outside yesterday. (they have been growing indoors by the window for the past month, just untill the roots settled)

ill post more pics once they get a bit bigger!

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
skoeip a dit:
kk242 is a collection code, kk stands for Karel Knize the collector. and 242 is a collection site somewhere in Peru.

Edit: Hi Goran! :D

Hi man. I work like horse lately. Euroherc skyscraper in Zagreb. Whole power grid, every little electrical bit of work! 240working hours per month! Hell!

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
damn mate you are working more than me! is it interesting work? I work about 200 hours a month. how do you keep up? how are your cati growing? and how are you?

ultima I'm glad to hear your cacti are growing :D

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Yes I work a lot. Yesterday I first took your mail but were mind tired for answer. So here U have it tonight.
I work as master electrician. What this means? This: U have 6-12kV power grid as main power system. So U need to build whole main power line in skyscraper, work on generators/aggregates and trough main power unit mix lamps, computer power grid or nets with generator in building. Build cable connection, fire defense, speakers and thermostats, chill-cool devices, speaker controllers, lamps, piss&shit places, camera stem of surveillance. And so on.

So if U understand little it of what I described from my pint of work U will understand what I do. Offices for high payed lawyers at first place!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

But it's payed good, really good if U look on me as master elect. I have after taxes pure 900€ profit. Not so much for EU, but enough for me for now. :wink: 8) :)

I still grow cacti but nothing new at moment. 8 old Peyotes, 6 new to middle age and some Pedro and Torch cacti. Pedro some new, new sprouts just like Torch. But have bigger base-mother cacti from Pedro family meantime Torch grows slower.
Also have 2C-E at home. Going to do some next week.