Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Is alcohol a serious drug? (For fun!)

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
spice a dit:
whatever, you're contradicting yourself. Why don't you shut the fuck up, mister spencer.

Trolls get what trolls seek

which is it?

"I am all for the use/abuse of anything"

or

"I believe imbibing alcohol is as bad as smoking a bowl of weed. Sometimes much much worse. "

I think you are confused

No, bitch, YOUR confused. Yeah, doing drugs has repercussions and I have accepted that. Weed hurts your lungs, alcohol hurts your liver so in a way it is BAD. Doesn't mean I don't like to do it, I didn't contridict a damn thing. Get over it, if you don't have anything productive to say about the subject then stop posting on this topic PLEASE.

Whisky. There's something. The right bottle can make a night of hanging out go very well... The wrong bottle, or the misuse of it may end you up puking, dead (if you wrecked a car), or totally shot down by a current interest.

spice

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
'No, bitch you're confused'

wow, tough words from a guy named spencer.

I had plenty productive to say on your subject, you just aren't qualified to understand the stuff I was saying.

You have made some truly half-assed statements, you're just an ignorant fucker.

:finger:

Do ya get that?

I have known a few people that could drink alcohol and not be an utter ass. Most regular boozers are seriously repressed, and usually conservative to boot......you are a confused wanderer, a rebel without a clue, truly.

Cosmik_Debris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2010
Alchohol's a funny thing. It can be great (well, good), and it can be shit. In moderation it's fine for a good time, it does have some desireable effects, especially forsomeone like myself who is more of a shy person, it helps you open up more. It's when it's used in excess that we see it can be shit as well. And using alchohol in excess is very common in this day and age. It's one of the few drugs where, once you have some you just want more and more, which is why it can be dangerous. As for opening up, it does do that, but it simply lowers inhibitions, which is why it can also make you be a complete dick and do stupid shit, while weed I find makes me more open to others as well, but in a different way. It's not going to mislead me to act stupidly, but It does make me a bit more open, socially. With alchohol, it's because my inhibitions are lowered and I don't give a shit how I'm acting. With weed, I do care how I'm acting, but it just genuinely removes some of the shyness that sometimes holds me back. Alchohol's ok for a good time, but just for a good time, and just ok. Weed's good for having fun (and a million other things), it's one of the least toxic drugs known to man, it doesn't make you act like a moron, most people are better off driving stoned than drunk, it doesn't damage your organs, especially your brain, like alchohol does, and it even has some beneficial health effects. I think my choice of drugs is clear. I mean, I'll drink a couple beers every now and then, but hand me a doobie and I'm happy.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
weeds scale of damage is not even relative to alcohols. they might come close to touching at the highest point of damage you can do yourself with weed, and the lowest point for alcohol (you've just started drinking). even with this imaginary scale, i think it's a stretch. alcohol will kill you. weed simply can't.

someone asked "well why isn't it illegal?" really? i hear this crap all the time. making a substance illegal only promotes the idea of repression, and makes a population seek it more. not to mention they already tried to make it illegal, and america all but fell apart at the seams. people were rioting. we haven't seen a general gathering of people for anything as large since. did someone really ask that?

spencer and spice, play nice. OP, when you asked for opinions, you should have understood already that you dont get to pick who gives them, and you certainly dont get to choose what they say. dont be a dick because you dont agree with somebody. if you can't comply with fair use of the internet and free speech, then someones priorities are out of line here. that goes for everyone. everybody has the right to say whatever the fuck they want, i think within the reasonable boundaries of not threatening anyones life is the only place to draw the line. so sure, keep telling each other to shut the fuck up, in, of all places, a place for free speach... :roll:. guess what, now you're both off topic, and are quickly dragging in others too. disagree in a logical way.

"If I DID compare it favorably, so do millions of americans around the country. Go ahead and tell 30% of the population (most of them probably with more sucess or cash than you) they need to get on with life because obviously the enjoyment they get out of alcohol is misguided. Fuck that."

nobody should be comparing themselves to the majority (or ANY 1 person, for that matter...), because if you've ever looked at a statistic (yes i know they can lie) or any information on the ratio of intelligent people to not, intelligence is in the staggering minority... this much should be obvious, especially regarding alot of laws we have in place now...

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Ok, point taken, but here lately, I am getting pretty turned off with this kind of shit, people who are supposed regulars here advocating nuclear power and habitual use of alcohol.

You aren't supposed to be channelling Dick Cheney at psychonaut.com

.....and ellis, (or is it 'spencer' at the moment?) you are still an ignorant, clueless dickhead. Anytime anyone comes here spouting ignorant, know-nothing shit, like how much 'the bomb' whiskey is, I AM going to come a bashing, put your raincoat on, motherfucker. There are a million other places where that mentality will fly, but truly, WHAT IS YOUR AGENDA bringing it here...?

Again, get a clue.....if you haven't noticed, Terence never advocated alcohol as a consciousness-expansion tool, Tim didn't, Shulgin didn't, John Lilly didn't, no one who is or was at the forefront of the movement has done this bone-headed advocacy which you are doing.....why do you feel the need to push something which has caused so much damage to so many people, without offering ANYTHING in return....here's some sage advice for you;

Get a job at the convenience store. There's plenty of alcohol there.

You have no business here with such a sophomoric position on intoxicants.

Again, this is supposed to be a place for psychonauts, and drunks ARE NOT PSYCHONAUTS, they are drunks. Period.

I am not calling everyone who chooses to have a drink a drunk, either, asshat, so don't try to twist anything. Re-read what you wrote, and the tone you wrote it with, don't try to draw a single other person into this, I want you to defend what you wrote ON THE MERITS that it has all by itself.

(and if you called me 'bitch' in the real world, I'd slap you in the mouth, about 75 times)

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I agree with you Spice, not one of the fathers of our art have advocated the use of alcohol or really any other entheogen that cannot provide a gainful experience in itself. Alcohol is a strong drug, but a very weak entheogen, especially when used as people use it today.

Recreation is one thing, but psychonautics is or should damn well be taken seriously. Hard drugs and liquor have no place in manifesting the mind.

NeilPatrickHarris

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Juil 2009
Spencer a dit:
Weed hurts your lungs, alcohol hurts your liver so in a way it is BAD. Doesn't mean I don't like to do it, I didn't contridict a damn thing. Get over it, if you don't have anything productive to say about the subject then stop posting on this topic PLEASE.

then vaporize the weed instead of burning it, problem solved no tars. now where is your argument that weed is worse?

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Spencer a dit:
And If I DID compare it favorably, so do millions of americans around the country. Go ahead and tell 30% of the population (most of them probably with more sucess or cash than you) they need to get on with life because obviously the enjoyment they get out of alcohol is misguided.

your own words- a true barometer of your cluelessness. Utterly.

and, then I read where you don't even understand why alcohol is legal and weed isn't?

Dude, you shouldn't even be able get criticism from me, we aren't even on the same planet.

You are about 20 years lacking in the experience/intelligence department......measuring intelligence by a statistical segment of the populations choice?

Um, FAIL, moron.

You need to learn to recognize when people that are more intelligent than you are speaking, and then, you need to SHUT UP and listen.

Admittedly a tall order for you, based on what you have spouted here.

:vom:

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
Take a toke of DMT.

Drink 4 shots shortly there after.

Tell me it does not do something useful...

Maybe I'm the only person that mixes alcohol with dmt... :rolleyes:

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
you're crazy.

Why take DMT at all, if you are that averse to its effects?

This is in response to someone here who repeated a common myth; that alcohol keeps you warmer in cold weather

Does drinking alcohol really keep you warm?

No! So says the Swiss Institute for the Prevention of Alcohol and Drug Problems. If the legendary St Bernard finds you stranded in the icy Alps, you would be better off hugging the hound than downing the hooch of the pooch.

Alcohol only gives a false sense of warmth, but the dog could pass along some lifesaving body heat. Even a little nip from the brandy keg will send your blood to the surface of your skin. You may feel warmer, but your blood will actually be cooled.

Many heat sensing nerves are located near the surface of the skin. Drinking can make you temporarily feel warmer. In fact, while you get the feeling of warmth from alcohol, it is really unsuitable because it allows the cold to enter the body.
Does drinking alcohol thin the blood?

No! Alcohol is a vasodilator. It causes the blood vessels to expand. This is particularly true for the tiny capillaries located just below the skin's surface. The normal thermostatic control of the body is altered by alcohol ingestion. The blood vessel dilation allows a greater amount of blood volume to be brought to the skin's surface. This facilitates heat loss and also explains why your face looks flushed when you have been drinking. But alcohol does not thin blood.
Why does drinking alcohol make you feel thirsty?

Alcohol ingestion forces the body to metabolise it in order to remain chemically balanced for proper body functioning. In doing so, the body actually draws water from body tissues. This can cause a thirsty feeling. Drinking more alcohol only makes it worse.
Is alcohol a big factor in accidents?

Yes, in accidents with injuries certainly. According to Dr Gerhard Gmel of the Alcohol Treatment Centre at Lausanne University Hospital and Dr Jurgen Rehm of the Department of Public Health Sciences at the University of Toronto, writing in Alcohol Research and Health (Winter, 2003): "The research evidence indicates a high level of alcohol involvement in all types of unintentional injuries. The number of drinks consumed per occasion, especially when indicated by BAC [blood alcohol concentration], is strongly associated with the occurrence of injuries, independent of the usual frequency and quantity of alcohol consumed. Drinking may be less associated with workplace injuries for various reasons, but appears to play a role in causing falls, the second most common form of unintentional injury."

Wow, what a cool substance

If you look at this link,(http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30) you will see that in the year 2000, alcohol killed 85,000 people.
(In the US everyone is upset that 'we' have lost 5,000 soldiers in the war in Iraq)

You will also see that 'adverse reactions to prescription drugs' totaled 32,000 deaths, along with 17,000 attributed to 'all illicit drug use, direct and indirect'.....this is a total of 49,000 deaths.

About half of your beloved rotten fruit extract.

Since you, 'spencer', like statistics so much, why doncha chew on that.

what asscrack do cats like you crawl OUT OF anyway?

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
Take a toke of DMT.

Drink 4 shots shortly there after.

Tell me it does not do something useful...

Maybe I'm the only person that mixes alcohol with dmt... :rolleyes:

I found that DMT effected me far less when I tried it drunk. Don't think I'll ever do that again. Gave me a really terrible feeling.

Spencer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Juil 2010
I stand by my love for drinking. And who's business is it why I feel a desire to post on this forum? Maybe I just like watching you prattle on and on? Maybe I'm here to seek out the answers to life, the universe, and everything? Maybe I'm here because people can relate to the drugs I do and the experiences I have on them. I don't give a fuck what YOUR mission statement is, I don't have one. It's something related to my way of life that helps me sort things out.

Take your 85,000 people who died due to alcohol and join them for all I care. It is Darwin at it's finest! Spice gets drunk and drives, Spice fuckin' dies! I do understand how sad it is that innocent people suffer for a deal of it, but everything has it's repercussions and it WON'T be avoided no matter how much you harbor disdain for it.

Point in closing: None. We are a fucked up species of animal with no real reason to be ANYWHERE. The fact that we even exist to have this petty exchange of words is actually quite phenominal and yet for all of it's awesomeness there are only theories. It is shit we can't as a race grasp.

Oh yeah! I almost forgot! Smoke crack and worship satan! Because it wouldn't make a dick-a-lifference

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
Hey Spencer, i still don't get it, you keep asking people for their opinions, and then you get kinda cranky when people don't agree, that aint too cool, just try to be open, and have a healty conversation instead of getting mad or childish about it.

It's pretty normal that most people have a different view on alcohol usage then you.

But on topic again, no matter how much i loved weed (and still do), but i cant' help myself from repeating that it can be harmful too, i mean psychologically, and just as addictive, not physically, but niether is a sex addiction, it's still an addiction.

I think it's better to use it less then most people tend to do, i used to smoke every single day for many many years, and yea, i was addicted, although i'd never admitted it when i was doing it, a 30 day break changed my view on weed, i always thought i knew who i was, but my personality was pretty much built on my weed usage, after that break i noticed where the difference was.

Now, sorry 'bout my little rant here, i don't want to come over as a sandy cunt, although i can't prevent myself from doing so, i know, but once a month would be ideal imo, i smoke once a week now, and i'm fine with that, but i feel the entheogenic effect is a lot bigger with a pauze of 3 weeks, afterall, that's why i use weed now, for the entheogenic effect, i'm almost 28, so i understand that younger people like to smoke for fun, that's ok, just when i got older i kinda changed my habbits.

And smoking weed before 16 is definatly not a good idea, your brain is still in full development, and weed is doing harm to that, you can disagree, but it is what it is.It is a hallucinogen afterall.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Fuck you ellis, I mean spencer, you're an ignoramus douche, who thinks he has an informed opinion.

You are a fucking troll.

Don't think your ignorance will pass for intelligence here.

You didn't even attempt to refute anything I said, you cop

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
"It is Darwin at it's finest! spencer ellis gets drunk and drives, spencer ellis fuckin' dies!"

fixed

I have said my piece to you, you mental midget, my work here is done.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
And as entheogens felt down on us, it let us find the hidden treasures in the prodigious gold mine behind our nose while the false deified ethanol initiates the structural collapse of the same mine.

Sticki

Inscrit
13 Sept 2007
Each to thier own Gentlemen.... 8)

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
I can use alcohol in a positive and constructive manner.

I don't speak for everyone :rolleyes: