Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Invest in weed

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
From the Psilocybe Scroll (http://www.psilocybescroll.blogspot.com/):

Want my financial advice? Invest in weed (well, that and canned food actually). Unlike stocks, weed is a tangible good, which means that even if the Dow and NASDAQ lose all meaning and paper money becomes worthless, you will still have your herb. Ganja, as noted by the Supreme Court in Gonzalez v. Raich (my paper on the decision here- sorry for the shameless self promotion, even though I suppose this blog is really one big shameless self promotion), is highly fungible, that is, readily exchanged for money, goods and services. Marijuana, especially if grown, but also if purchased in bulk from the right sources, has a high margin of profit (due primarily to its prohibition). Cannabis, if well cared for, will appreciate in value as it cures (much like a bottle of fine wine increases in value as it ages). Mary Jane's worth is not subject to the actions of speculators. Furthermore, so-called 'vice industries' are widely seen as recession proof.

Finally, and the number one reason for investing in pot, (I'm paraphrasing somebody here, if you know, tell me in the comments) the last time our country needed to get out of a great depression we ended prohibition.

"So, if the history of alcohol prohibition is a guide, drug prohibition will not end merely because there are many sound, sensible and humane reasons to end it. Instead, it will end only if and when Congress gets desperate for another revenue source." (The Politics of Prohibition)