Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

I don't need this.

restin

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I promised myself not to partake in this so-called discussion. And I will not, my point stands still and you cannot involve myself into a pseudo-discussion any more.

But for fuck's sake, I am serious, don't dare lying about me. I did NOT unlock your closed threads and I did NOT deny my wrongdoings, I asked you in a PM for explanation and you didn't answer - if IF if, this short little word called if you were willing to provide me a honest, true explanation, why "sam's thread are not to be closed" and explain all my wrongdoings, I would be willing to """confess""". You are, I quote you, crossing the line. You say GOD was repelling members, now let's count how many members YOU repelled in the past few days. And magicmumu, I don't want it all "back" and I don't understand all the people who just want to go on - this is a serious issue and you should really not reduce this to a "dispute entre CM et GOD" as it was - this got out ouf all boundaries. I am astonished by your implication of Fork being a bad admin and also by your use of passive language and appeal to synchronity and democracy.

And don't even BOTHER answering to this post, I mean, sure, you can go to GC and delete it if you like, I really don't care. My promise to shut up and leave this place will be kept, don't worry. And with "my" I mean all those who are now leaving the community.

Peace is not absence of war.

You learn as much as you are willing to.

PS:
Sounds like a trap was setup for 'ol CM... clever, clever people.

Not quite enough however. I see right through
No comment. No really, it's not worth it. I really thought you were a clever guy.

(sorry for the disturbance I am just cleaning the floor.)

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Thanks for showing us your side of the situation Restin.
I am sorry to read you are leaving this community.
Please do not leave because of this conflict.
I am sure you can get your admin rights back. And I am sure you and CM can talk about the situation in a reasonable way, and work this out when the air is cooled.

@ CM I am sure you and Restin can talk about the situation. I understand he is angry at you at the moment. Maybe you can show some attention towards his feelings.

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
My last post:

I joined this forum less than a year ago, to further my budding interest in psychedelics / psychedelic culture. It was a very nice place to post in, it was chilled and everyone respected each other. As I am probably the youngest member, visiting this site was my little piece of the 60's psychedelic counter-culture. But it seems that the peaceful nature of this site has faded away, as did the zeitgeist of the 60's. I respect and enjoyed many members posts throughout my stay here, but it seems that a few members have degraded this forum, maybe to its extinction.

CM - I like you and I greatly respect your knowledge of psychedelics, and you often have a lot of good advice to give to less experienced members.

Fork - I've enjoyed reading the many intelligent posts you have contributed, and I admire you.

GOD - I respect your attitude and the way you speak your mind (although there are some who find you to be the problem, I've youre posts intelligent and humorous. Thank you.

Goran - Although he doesn't seem to be around anymore, I loved his almighty knowledge of cacti, even though it wasn't always easy to read :) .

I like and respect all the people on this forum, but the state it is in now is not nice and it seems the site can't go a day without conflict nowadays. This can be counted as my final post. I may return in the future, but I won't be participating in any discussions, just to read whats going on.

Thankyou everyone for making my time here enjoyable, (apart from these last few weeks) and I wish everyone good luck and good health.

Goodbye.

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
Good luck restin, and good luck with your studies.. sounds like you have a bright future ahead of you.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
restin a dit:
I did NOT unlock your closed threads and I did NOT deny my wrongdoings
When it happened there were both public and private exchanges. Looking back at the two threads, and considering I used two accounts, I can't see anymore what happened exactly, so if you state like this that you didn't do these things, I'm sorry for remembering the situation that way and writing these things about you.

if you were willing to provide me a honest, true explanation, why "sam's thread are not to be closed"
Sam's original thread didn't have to be closed, but what you made out of it wasn't fair to those who participated in the original thread. It messed up the chronology, including important 'evidence' I still had to discuss with the site owner and perhaps other authorities. Some topics can be split without anyone being affected, but you've got to be careful when it comes to topics about feelings, or topics that contain what some perceived to be a threat. I think in general it's better not to split entire threads. Sometimes you can split a topic, but you've either got to do it very early on, or not at all.

You are, I quote you, crossing the line.
Yes, I did, eventually. But I didn't cast the first stone.

You say GOD was repelling members, now let's count how many members YOU repelled in the past few days.
Same thing. During every major conflict members say they leave, and many often do (and other suddenly show up again, like Mr.Smith). I don't know about some of you, but I've heard many voices by now, from both people who criticize me for the way I did it and those who think it was OK, that GOD should have been banned long ago. Long ago. So whatever is happening now, whatever I did last week, is it really such a bad thing? I don't think so.

No one ever suggested that I should be banned, or tone down my voice, except when it came to clashes with GOD. And right now I'm again the bad guy for taking drastic action, but really, I don't feel responsible for the fact that it got this far. I have tried other ways before, and it only solved things temporarily. During periods when I was 'friends' with GOD, conflicts would develop between Oleg and others.

this is a serious issue and you should really not reduce this to a "dispute entre CM et GOD" as it was - this got out ouf all boundaries.
Thank you. Yes. It got out of all boundaries.

I am astonished by your implication of Fork being a bad admin
In the sense of dismissing any suggestions that GOD's behavior here needs to be regulated, if the man doesn't want to do so himself. So many have complained about GOD, but Forkbender always answered it with some philosophical answer that didn't take these complaints seriously. He's not necessarily a bad admin, but he was neglectful in this area.

And don't even BOTHER answering to this post, I mean, sure, you can go to GC and delete it if you like, I really don't care.
No, I'm not into deleting these types of interaction.

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
magickmumu a dit:
Please do not leave because of this conflict.
For a moment I thought about posting an "I'm leaving" message too, but actually that's so cliche, and difficult to follow through, that I decided to edit my post and instead write "Sorry for the disturbance on my part."

Because really, I wish I had never been pushed into this situation.

@ CM I am sure you and Restin can talk about the situation. I understand he is angry at you at the moment. Maybe you can show some attention towards his feelings.
I've mentioned it a couple of times already: I understand why practically everyone is angry at me, and I understand I have hurt some feelings here. I also mentioned (or I hope I did) that I understand restin had the best of intentions to split the thread. I should also mention that I understand the attitude suggested by Forkbender works for some people.

it seems the site can't go a day without conflict nowadays.
Some have commented it was quite peaceful however, until recently...

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I don't have enough time to read everything, but from what I have seen, this is only causing more harm to the forum. I personally think that no one should be banned period. What is going on now is a DIRECT metaphor for the drug laws. Our government wants to protect us from 'dangerous ( in there eyes) drugs' but it has the opposite effect. By banning the drugs, more people are suffering than gaining. And this is exactly what I see here. People, open your eyes, love one another. Don't take this so seriously, it is being blown way out of proportion.

PEACE, LOVE, LIGHT & UNITY!

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
I think this would be helpful:

Create a topic where everyone can make suggestions about new forum rules. Let everyone who has ever felt abused on this forum, not just challenged but abused and shamed, or simply disturbed by the actions or words of others, add his or her forum rules. Collect them for a couple of days or weeks, and let someone ask if GOD has any rules to add. Then present this list of suggested rules to Dr.Leospace. Dr.Leospace is a busy man, so the thread should be condensed, hence no discussions about the rules suggested by others (perhaps open a separate thread for that purpose), just let everyone add suggestions that could be useful. Let Dr.Leospace select which ones he thinks are reasonable and desirable for this website. Let someone combine the different rules into a coherent whole, determine how they will be implemented (first a warning, etc.) and invite GOD back in.

Once the rules are clear, they must be strictly observed by everyone and acted upon by the moderators, without regard for someone's status, learning, post count, popularity, or whatever it may be. I will submit myself to these rules, and gladly follow the instructions of the moderators guided and obligated by such rules. When the site is ready for it, appoint several global moderators.

I know some of you feel this website doesn't need rules. I beg to differ, if only because the site owner simply cannot keep track of everything that's going on around here, and there must be some consensus regarding what kind of behavior is acceptable and what is not, and what the moderators can and cannot do.

Yes, we already have forum rules, but they appear to have been copied from some other website, and are too superficial for the kind of people and situations that we have here.

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Yeah I can too, as long as they are not to strict. Does someone want to start a thread?

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
I just started a new thread in the Lounge entitled "New Forum Rules" as I didn't see any thread started.

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
Restin why would you apoligise to disturb who... what, if we didn't care we wouldn't be talking about you.

Have you ever heard me complain once about your moderation actions ? I never minded and probably enjoyed your help more times than I know.

However you have to remember that we did not always agree on everything ; because you went silent about our argument, does not mean there was absence of war OR peace...

No comment. No really, it's not worth it. I really thought you were a clever guy.

You honestly never even hinted at that, it seems weak handed to flip it over in my face now, dosen't it ? It feels so wrong, the reaction... if I went in the art and PHILOSOPHY forum to post a topic that I hoped would help me figure out why I had those feelings, or if they were even mine. I honestly didn't like that the topic was split, but even then I tought the essence of it had been expressed, but indeed it destroyed the purpose and way the thread was evolving in more subtle dynamics, at least to me... and everyone seemed intent on helping me. Well you made a small error which I didn't mind... don't go make a mountain of an action that involved much more than just you or me. It would seem like a waste to loose another ratioal member. For all I seem to know about what happened, the goal of the people perpetrating trouble to trap CM WAS to create strife and division.

It's so obvious it makes me nauseous...

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i didn't understand the splitting of the topicl, however i didn't understand the reactions from CM etc. as well...

also banning GOD i thought was a bit exagerated although i didn't see everything that was going on and stuff....

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
I think what should happen is this
Everything should go back to how it was about a month or 2 ago

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
yeah mate... these conflicts are just pointless and absurd....

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
BrainEater a dit:
yeah mate... these conflicts are just pointless and absurd....
100%
i mean if everyone just decided to drop it then there isnt really a problem is there?
theres no problem to fix so it should be as it was before the imagined problem was brought into nonexistance

its like the threads that were floating tangled and knotted for a moment but just untie the knot and let it go

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well the only problems i think were that in the thread of ahua he couldnt be helped anymore because of the splitting of the threads and then the problem that restin conjecturally abused his moderator rights....

everything else was just unnecessary quarreling i think... but well its happened so better do something constructive and make it the way it was before, because i think it was cool and i guess such issues could be solved in less stressful ways for everyone...

i mean maybe some people made mistakes, but i mean that happens as we are no machines and are often driven by emotions and i also think no one wanted to do any bad to anyone??

mysticwarrior

Inscrit
17 Août 2007
i mean maybe some people made mistakes, but i mean that happens as we are no machines and are often driven by emotions and i also think no one wanted to do any bad to anyone??

I agree, i guess that everywhere we humans do exist, you will find these issues. And most of the times they will be solved.

Twilight

Inscrit
7 Juin 2008
The first part of this topic made me sad, but it's nice to see people on this last page saying things I agree with.

I don't think people should be banned. This should be an open community, and I hope people who get here with an arrogant attitude will learn more and change their behavior.

Maybe splits of threads with a personal topic of someone should be discussed with the topic starter first.

And nobody should leave against their will here. We're still a very small community globally so please the last thing we need is a fight within this community. We really need every person.

Just my thoughts.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i agree with the above posters. and rereading not so emotionally attached i do like how this is working out and how CM, ahua and everyone else are trying to do their best to go back to how it was or should be and admitting mistakes and being positive.

peace