Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Human Rights

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
http://www.hrweb.org/legal/undocs.html

What are your thoughts on this, concerning its contents?

Is it all perfect? flawed but a good start? flawed and should be redone? Should be condemned to the flames?

Why?

Is the UN an evil conspiracy? If so, what evidence is there for this?

JustinNed

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Oct 2007
Don't got time to check it out right this second, can we get a brief description?

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its good in theory but it isnt perfect and many countrys and people ignore it . It neads to be applyed generaly and inforced . The UN is a toothless tiger and will stay so as long as there is the right to veto . And bias for and against some countrys like Plalastine , Iran , Israel and North Korea just to name a few that imedeatly come to my mind .

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
"can we get a brief description?"

:)

Its the UN agreement on Human Rights - in theory every country in the UN should support what's in the agreement, and abide by it... its my understanding that its supposed to be international law...

Rights of the individual:

the right to legal recourse when their rights have been violated, even if the violator was acting in an official capacity
the right to life
the right to liberty and freedom of movement
the right to equality before the law
the right to presumption of innocence til proven guilty
the right to appeal a conviction
the right to be recognized as a person before the law
the right to privacy and protection of that privacy by law
freedom of thought, conscience, and religion
freedom of opinion and expression
freedom of assembly and association

Cultural rights:

self-determination
wages sufficient to support a minimum standard of living
equal pay for equal work
equal opportunity for advancement
form trade unions
strike
paid or otherwise compensated maternity leave
free primary education, and accessible education at all levels
copyright, patent, and trademark protection for intellectual property

There's more to it than that - conventions on torture and genocide are examples.

"Its good in theory"

That would definitely be included in my take on it. I can't remember if the USA had international sanctions put on it for opening guantanamo bay, but something tells me they didn't.

Are sanctions / embargoes really the way to go? What should be done? (that one stumps me personally).

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
it isn't perfect but if you remember the industrialisation-era, where the workers were exploited or the colonialisation,it is really better now.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
This is what i made "The holocaust" thread for . So that people here would think about these things and say something but instead they started playing the i`m not guilty and i cant do anything games = total denial . Most of the problems on the planet come from peoiple profesionaly keeping their eyes closed and acting like "I`m allright jack , fuck you" . Its also the reason i keep talking about 2012 . This is also the reason why i`m against hokus pokus and people claiming that they can cure AIDS and cancer . Its the reason for a lot of my threads . To me this is where the human race is standing now , either we do something now or the planet goes down . There are no silver bullets , we must just get on with solving problems .....NOW .

I think that there must be sanctions and embargoes but only as a last resort . First comes a debate , then a vote and the weight of public opinion .

I dont think that those things are law but the gneva convention is , allthough i think its only "binding" for the countrys that have signed it . I think Israel hasnt .

So humanity , the tide is comming in , swim or die .

Ahuaeynjxs

Inscrit
10 Déc 2008
This is the word of god.

andyouknowhemeanswhathesayswhen he speaaakks like thiiiis

aaaaammmeeeeeeennnn :smirk:

You're right about what you say, but there are gold bullets, and silver screens.

I didn't claim anything, I just said it was possible.

I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold,
and leaves of gold there grew:
Of wind I sang, a wind there came
and in the branches blew.
Beyond the Sun, beyond the Moon,
the foam was on the Sea,
And by the strand of Ilmarin
there grew a golden Tree.
Beneath the stars of Ever-eve
in Eldamar it shone,
In Eldamar beside the walls
of Elven Tirion.
There long the golden leaves have grown
upon the branching years,
While here beyond the Sundering Seas
now fall the Elven-tears.
O Lorien! The Winter comes,
the bare and leafless Day;
The leaves are falling in the stream,
the River flows away.
O Lorien! Too long I have dwelt
upon this Hither Shore
And in a fading crown have twined
the golden elanor.
But if of ships I now should sing,
what ship would come to me,
What ship would bear me ever back
across so wide a Sea?

bor

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Nov 2008
Human rights are a nice thing, but politicians don't give a shit about it. To them it's all a game on who can make money the fastest. Look at tibet, people get their human rights violated every day, but does any politician do something?? No, because china brings in the cash for the rest of the world...

Here is an interesting doc. on the subject:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=3W51FY81

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
Its not just China though . Look how many opresed people there are in the world that arent being helped . As an example the whole of Africa . Its got to do with vested interests, wich are controled / used for other reasons than the good of the population . This twisting is called politics and done by politicians . Politicians dont want democracy because that would mean the population would decide things and not them = they couldnt rip us off anymore .

Pariah

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
20 Mar 2008
"Human rights are a nice thing, but politicians don't give a shit about it."

Very true... but do *you* give a shit about it? enough to let it influence the way you go about life? That would be the best place to start in my opinion.

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
Too many abstractions.

For instance; The right to liberty.....

We are having trouble defining that here in America. It is an evolving/de-volving term.

Why can't I smoke what I want?

That would be *my* definition of liberty.

But W. Bush's definition of liberty is to bomb a country back to the stone age, say he's doing it for us, and get pissed off when someone questions him on it.

People are too eager to avoid conflict with government is what the problem is, or to be honest, people are wimpy and don't have the courage of their convictions anymore.

....and we'll pay, have no doubt.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
we are all too comfy on our chairs to really give a shit. we deserve what we get.

bor

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Nov 2008
Pariah a dit:
"Human rights are a nice thing, but politicians don't give a shit about it."

Very true... but do *you* give a shit about it? enough to let it influence the way you go about life? That would be the best place to start in my opinion.

Yes I do, but I don't have the power, nor the money to change things. I vote for competent people and hope that they will not abuse my vote...

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
you can still apply the human rights in your regular life. Giving people respect, love and friendship is already an application of the human rights.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I think it was Gandhi who said:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Now, after reading his autobiography, I don't really like his ways, as he beats himself on the chest too often for being a politico-spiritual leader, but this quote is one of his best.

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
Last week i had class about human rights.

The universal declaration of human rights is not the most powerful thing, it full of norms rather than legislation...
International treaties, pacts and national laws are more specifically executed and controlled by institutions.

(lets hope i´m saying this correctly in english)