Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how to prolong the experience and remember it better?

tratincica

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2011
Hello everybody,

I am new to this forum and relatively new to salvia. I did not know anything about it the first time I tried it, but now I am totally into the whole shamanistic, spiritual thing and would like to explore it more.

I smoked extract two time (once 10x and the other time 5x). With 10x I was out for 3 minutes, but could only remember 30 seconds of it (during which I was the floor and not really me and everything was lines of vivid colors) and the second time I could remember even less (I remember talking, and my vision changed). So I decided to try a quid of dried leaves. The thing is the leaves are not whole so they go everywhere, and keeping the liquid in, without spitting or swallowing was more difficult than I expected. I heard it may be easier with dry leaves (not put into water before use), does anyone have experience with this?

With my clumsy quid, I had some strange thoughts a bit, but not a big effect all in all.

Anyone knows how I could prolong my salvia remembered and actual experience? Thanks!

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
Prolonging it is only possible with the quid method. I know it's nasty and all, but keep doing it. You will find that you will become more sensitive to the effects.

You could also smoke less. It won't prolong it, but it will be easier to remember.

tratincica

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2011
Thanks for the answer.

I smoked till breakthrough. How do you determine when to stop?

avemaria

Banni
Inscrit
18 Nov 2010
i find that listening to music during a salvia trip is an excellent way to remember it, because if you listen to the same music again after the trip finishes, you can remember how the music made you feel during the trip

Light

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
1 Juil 2011
quid method = rolling up the leaves into a ball (quid) and chewing this while not swallowing or spitting, for 20-30 minutes. The Salvinorin will get into your system subcutaneously (under your tongue).

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
try using an empty tea bag next time :wink: . should make the experience a bit more pleasant. from what i hear it is somewhat necessary to pre soak your leaves. although im sure that is to actually be able to *roll* them. impossible with crunchy leaves... i think the tea bag would solve this. anyways, if you do it again, let us know how it goes. good luck

tratincica

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2011
Well, I tried it again with the tea bags (2-3 grams). Which was much more manageable.

I still did not 'break through'. My thoughts were different again, like more clear, more observable which was somehow enjoyable. The truth is though that I got this vocabulary from meditation, so I am a bit worried that I might be overinterpreting things. I felt again a feeling (this time not so strong) of losing myself, the ego loss. And it made me sleepy! I became more sensitive to small sounds

I am not sure whether to try harder (like grinding leaves and/or soaking them in alcohol), which I saw recommended in other forums) or just let the lady be

tratincica

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2011
Actually, I love salvia now. I realized that it really helped me last time I took it. I had made a big decision and was really getting depressive thinking I made a mistake. I was losing the enthusiasm to do anything. The dose I took was enough for mild effects, but made me realize that I did not like any of the options passionately and that it was ok. Put in words it sounds simple and boring,but the perspective I got while on the drug, I most definitely did not have ever before. I went from slowly sinking, permanently down to what do I do next? oh, I love this, so many plans, I can do this and this and this...It took me half a day to realize I am no longer depressed though.

I wanted to ask Salvia what to do next and it just made me accept my decision. I love it, I love it, I love it now!

lysergamideman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
29 Juin 2011
I find it works great to me to use a quid and after about 90+ mins then smoke a lil bit of it and it sets everything in motion nicely, and worked quite well to me, but i have only been able to experiance that method 1 time.

tratincica

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
21 Juil 2011
Allusion a dit:
good to hear it helped you! :D

im curious, how long did you leave it in your mouth? im trying to get a general idea of the strength of this method, as i'd like to try it out myself soon.

About half an hour, as they recommend.

I think it depends on the dosage, the effect. With what I took, there were no hallucinations. Good luck.

ophiuchus

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
hmm, interesting. i've heard that you should wait roughly an hour for "full effects" but that it can also be give or take 15-30 min, as the experience begins to diminish not long after the quid is removed. definitely not like the classical entheogens. i've heard that you could leave it in for several hours (with effects still increasing) if you can deal with the sensation of having it in your mouth that long.

apparently you should not swallow or spit your saliva out, as salvinorin is only absorbable through the lining in the mouth, and if you spit, then you lose a large amount of the salvinorin that is contained in the leaf. apparently the salvinorin leaves the leaf fairly quickly while it's in ones mouth, but still takes a while to be fully absorbed...