Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how long THC metabolites last in urine?

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
On June 10th, 2008 I may or may not have a urine test at a doctor appointment. The appointment has already been scheduled and I cannot cancel it. The checkup is for some random twitching(muscle fascilations) that have been going on for some 3 months throughout most of my body. I suspect I will most likely have to take a urine test.

Here's my condition:

-cannabis is the only substance involved

-i would consider my smoking infrequent(1-2x a week)

-the last time i smoked was June 4th(stupid me I forgot) and it was only some little leaf bits i found at the bottom of my stash box, needless to say the high was very low-dose. on a 1-10 scale it was about a 3.

-the last time i smoked before the 4th was around May 28th.

-i have an EXTREMELY fast metabolism

-i plan on drinking only water until my test date

Considering all these variables what do you think are my odds of passing if i should have the unfortunate luck of getting tested?

Meduzz

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
poisoninthestain a dit:
-i have an EXTREMELY fast metabolism

-i plan on drinking only water until my test date
If you really have a fast metabolism, don't bring it out of balance (in the wrong way, that is). Caffeine promotes efficient fat-burning (lipolysis) and increases metabolism. The plan is: burn as much fat as you can before 9 june, burn as few fats as you can on your test day.
Don't trust internet pages on how to get a false negative... most of them are crap or trying to sell something.

Good luck!

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
depending on how much you usually smoke minimum 1 month, up to 3 months. there is very little you can do about cannabis urine test im afraid, its quite sensitive. what country are you in? they dont really care in the uk especially if the reading is low and its unlikely to be cannabis causing your tics- your doctor will know this. they certainly wont grass you to the police. dont stress over it

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
I second Meduzz.

Exercise and lots of fluids might help.
No exercise on the day of the test.
Lots of fluids on the day of the test.
But you will probably still be tested positive, because one week is just too little time.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
stop excersise some days before the test.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
you can get carbontablets at your pharmacist. those help to speed up the THC breakdown.

druglessdouglas

Inscrit
14 Mai 2008
activated charcoal or carbon tablets only absorb whats in the gut. the only thing you can do to fool a urine test is this: in the time you have left acidify your urine by taking 500mg ascorbic acid? vit C 4x a day. this stops you reabsorbing the metabolites through the bladder therefor you pass it faster. on the day of the test drink a solution of sodium bicarbonate a couple of times before giving the sample. this alkalinises the urine, so the bladder reabsorbs more mtabolite and you pass less for the test. this works and is used by oil workers in the north sea who are all heads and get regular tests. however, cannabinoids are the hardest to mask as they are present in quite high concentrations and the test is quite sensitive

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
what cleans your body of it also is whey. or drink stinging nettle tea.

but i think most of it is in the fat... so burning fat is good, but i don't know about what you should do first... i guess burning fat first would be best thing and then clean your body by drinking some detoxicating stuff like whey or tea like stinging nettle tea. also you can go to the sauna, but all the sweating stuff like sports and sauna you should stop some days or a week before the test and some days or the day before the test you can eat a lot of fat stuff so the rest of the metabolites you still have in you will be diluted.

peace

poisoninthestain

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Avr 2008
awesome! thanks to everyone!

i've decided to just drop the whole idea of trying to pass it seeing that most likely nothing will come of it.

reasons why i think...

1.)while i'm here in the US for the time being, I strongly doubt a doctor is going to cause problems for me IF cannabis shows up in my urine. they're here to help, not cause commotion i.e. law enforcement.

2.)quite some time ago my brother decided to get a script for ritilin (methylephenidate) from his doctor but before he could he had to take a urine test of some kind. i'm not sure what the test tested for but it came back negative for cannabis at the lab(or in other words it said nothing on the test about cannabis). he thought it would come back positive since he had just smoked the day before.

...also another bit of information which is interesting. when i was in highschool(quite some time ago) i got into some trouble with the school. well, they were harassing me with the allegations i was high, when in fact i was not. i just had a reputation at the school i guess but who doesn't. they randomly harassed me out of 100 different "suspicious" people.

when asked about why i "looked strange" i, naive as hell about my rights, said i was weightlifting and perhaps my supplements caused me to have side-effects. after that i got out of school early with my dad to go down to the hospital and get me checked out. so we get to the hospital, they do a complete urine test on me(because they have no idea what's wrong with me i guess), doc says everything looks good and i leave the place with my dad.

on our way out to the car he says the doc pulled him aside and told him i had weed in my piss. what the hell?! yeah...

so all in all my thoughts are basically...now that i'm an adult nothing is going to happen. it will just be me going to the office and IF anything does come up, what do i have to lose? nothing.

long post. hope you enjoyed my childhood story.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
THC urine tests are not cheap... they wanted me to pay 80 euro for each test.
so i really doubt they just test your urine with no evidence beforehand and really why should they do that if not someone wants to get you into trouble by purpose.