Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How long can you keep dried amanita?

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I just got some amanitas from ******* and was wondering how long I could keep them. They are not completely dry - can I dry them completely to keep them longer? I don't want to eat rotten mushrooms, that can be dangerous and it's pretty hard to recognize they are rotten (at least this is what I heard about normal, edible mushrooms.

By the way the amanita smell really good, just like edible boletus - I hope they also taste well :)

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
If you are not going to consume them soon, I'd recommend you would dry them. You can either do it the same way as with other shrooms, or you can use an oven (or other heat source) to dry them in a bit higher temperature. That's supposed to convert some of the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Dried amanitas can be kept to my knowledge for years if stored in proper conditions.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I dried them at room temperature - I hope this is ok now...

I tried a small amount (like 2.5g) yesterday night, I felt very little, almost nothing. But then I fell asleep and had pretty amazing dreams of being on vacation in countries I've never been to, of taking drugs and being totally stoned and just before I woke up this morning I had a dream of being caught in a time cycle.

Hehe, pretty amazing dreams (I never had so many inter-related dreams in only one night). I'm gonna try some more amanitas tonight :)

DevXavier

Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
With Amanita it's not uncommon you fall asleep and then dream. Vivid colorful dreams.

If you take enough you will continue to trip once you wake up. :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Agreeing with Via. Definitely make sure those things are dry. And it's a good idea to bake them before consumption, makes for a better trip and easier on the stomach. By the way, amanitas can vary greatly in potency. Sometimes 2.5 grams will do nothing, but then another cap from the same bag will put you on your ass. I really do hate those fuckers. I've had 3 ounces sitting around for over a year, if they're completely dry they'll last indefinately. Evil, EVIL little fuckers.

Shroomlady

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
8 Déc 2005
After they are completely dry it think you can store them for about 6 months, well at least that what people say about Psylocibe mushrooms. After 6 months they start to loose some of the active compounds.