Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

How I think most psychedelics should be taken, esp. shrooms

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
People will often tell you that psychedelics should never be taken alone, but I frankly think this is bullshit. With the exception of high doses of salvia, I personally find tripping by myself a more interesting experience. Tripping with others has its own benefits, and it's generally more 'fun', so I'm not going to say that tripping alone is better, its just more interesting. LSA (hawaiian baby woodrose/morning glory seeds) can be a little riskey to take alone, due to how easily it can become bad, but I have done it a few times and have been able to control myself. Magic mushrooms are fantastic taken alone though, and you can really have an amazing experience. Although of course it is up to you how much you take, I personally think everyone should try a high dose of shrooms at least once in a while. A couple of weeks ago, I took over 6 grams of dried liberty caps, one gram more than what Terence McKenna considers a 'heroic dose', and just totally tripped out in the safety of my bedroom. The walls were constantly painted with the cartoons of my spirit, my sub-conscience. Words of an alien language wrote themselves on every surface, and my vision was often framed by beautiful, intricate patterns. At one point I even had a full blown vision, when I went into the bathroom and saw a cartoon girl in a little red skirt, who hugged me. Not much can compare to an experience such as this.

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
i don't know how to occupy myself for 6-8 hours on psychodelics. I like constant stimuli, change scenery. A perfect trip for me would be changing the environment every 20 minutes dramatically... I wish it was possible :).

to each his own, I just don't like to sit for a long time in one place - I enjoy stimulus very much.

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
Fair enough man, I have to say wondering about on psychedelics is great. Its winter in Britain now though, and the weather is miserable and the days are short, which I never feel is a good mix with psychedelics.

Teonanacapilli

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Oct 2009
I totally agree. If you know yourself, the mushrooms are much more... constructive I would say (certainly in a psychonautic sense) taken alone either wandering in wonder on a small dose or laying down and meditating on the mushroom in darkness. I find others distracting and hard to communicate with on larger doses (of anything). As you said it though, the trip can be more fun with more people, sharing the experience is another experience itself :D

My second trip was a crazy overdose (for me) of 7g of mushroom, definitely the most terrifying psychedelic experience I've ever had- yet also the most healing and a lot of deep troubles were elucidated and accepted. I've seen that heaven and hell can be experienced alongside a complete connection with the universe, archaic ecstasy, brilliant visions and :axe:

I'm going to try taking 2g powdered mushroom mixed with honey and listening to Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth soon. I think that should go nicely :mrgreen:

Myrddin

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
31 Juil 2010
I'm definately a fan of this method...

I'm looking forward to my first mushroom trip - but been finding them kinda hard to find. It's given me a fair chunk of time to think, research and prepare the setting/dosage I want for my first shroom experience. I am definately leaning to the alone option.

What reactions are you refering to with LSA? Thinks can become bad as in nausea or...?

ArthBH

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Nov 2010
Things can become bad on LSA as in an abyss of incredibly heavy, stomach churning, manic introspection, often kicked off by the nausea. Trust me, when you're in that 'place', the way out the window looks terrifyingly inviting.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
That's how I trip. High dose, alone, no lights (well, except for the moon and some lights you can't get rid of - these are all bright enough) and more and more often even without any music.

I think there's a common misunderstanding of different doses when people say "I rather go hiking in the woods". That might be a good idea on 2-4g of mushrooms, but take 6 or 7g, and you'll hardly be able to get up and stand straight, let alone hike in the dark.

I mean if I owned a cabin somewhere in the mountains, then I'd go there and sit outside and gaze at the moon on 6-7g as well. Would be really nice, much better than an apartment in the city. But as I don't own said cabin, going out in the wild is not relaxing enough for me on a high dosed trip, so I rather stay home. It adds a certain level of safety that makes me feel comfortable enough to do high doses (which are the only ones I'm interested in anymore)

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
I prefer to take mushies outside amongst nature. In my experience the only two times I have unpleasant experiences on mushies is when I've been confined in a house, I found being surrounded by too many man-made/unnatural things brought a very unpleasant edge to my trip.

I agree with the tripping alone though (for experienced psychonauts only) because I have found that whilst having people around can be more fun in a "tripping is great fun sense" but you lose the opportunity to be really introspective and learn from the experience.

I like to trip to have fun and when that's what I'm after I'll trip with friends. But nowadays, at the age of mid thirties, I seek much more of an educational experience from psychedelics so I take the alone option when I can.