Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how do i tell him?

h0ll0wd0ll

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
i have a very loving and sometimes over-protective husband who, truth be told, is a bit of a prude.

he frowns on any kind of drug use (although he grudgingly allows me to smoke weed every now and then)

how then do i approach the subject of me wanting to explore my inner-space?

i'm going to need a trip-sitter, and he is ideal because besides my unquestioning trust in him, he has medical training and will know what to do if something 'goes wrong'

anyone been in a similar situation, and do you have some advice to offer?

DevXavier

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
8 Mai 2006
I think he needs to be 100% alright with the fact you want to trip. Or as you say yourself: Explore your inner-beings.

If he's not fine with it and he lets you notice, you'll still have a feeling of guild when yer using the psychedelic and won't have the best of experiences. That's how I experience using psychedelics or any drugs for that matter when I'm around people that disapprove of the drugs I am using.

Anyway. Just bring up shrooms or something and say it has peaked your interest. Explain him about the workings, possible risks, the spiritual experience and tell him you want him to be a tripsitter more than anybody else, because of your trust in him.

If he agrees be sure to let it sink in for quite some while, so he gets used to the idea and you can trip happily. :)

PS: When you introduced yourself, you said you already explored shrooms and LSD?

h0ll0wd0ll

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
yes, you're right ... i took LSD and shrooms years ago when i was still young and stupid (now i'm just stupid :lol:) that was before i met him, and he was disapproving when i told him about it.

you're also right that he has to be 100% in agreement with me tripping, or i will feel it and get paranoid.

thanks for the advice :)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
This is very difficult... I don't think you should do it unless you can persuade him to try shrooms himself. And that would be very difficult again because if he did shrooms only because he loves you then the slightest bad trip would cause him to blame you and be even more disapproving afterwards...

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I agree with Tryptonaut. My girlfriend was anti-drugs because she had to work with drugaddicts and she had only seen the negative side of it.

After I've explained how it works and that there's also a positive side, she tried it herself.

Now, I'm the one who has to stop here ! :lol:

Viaticus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
6 Juil 2005
I'd recommend that you give him some material to read through, some articles that are written in honest and unbiased manner. You can find some good ones for example from erowid and shroomery.

I assume that he is not too familiar with psychedelics and their use, so providing him with factual information may help him to make more educated decisions. But everybody has a freedom of choice, so he has the right to choose not to approve their use. But usually the disapproval simply rises from fear and ignorance, and those can be countered, as in many other cases, with information.

As he is a medically trained person, providing him with some scientific studies might be a good idea, as he can propably relate to them and respect their integrity.