Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

how can I avoid diarrheas when doing DXM?

Icelus

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Oct 2007
^ @ Mysticwarrior: Are you sure that DXM use causes damage? I've never tried DXM and never did a lot of research into this compound, but as far as i know DXM use isn't necessarily THAT bad. There are some concerns about the so called "Olney's Lesions", but as far as i know no definitive conclusions are drawn here.
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Maybe it's indeed an unhealthy drug, and because of the uncertainty it may be wise not to ingest this substance. But maybe this just proves that even psychonauts are susceptible to the anti-drug-propaganda.

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
sadhak a dit:
according to Erowid it is a psychdelic dissoactive
I like this statement in the Wikipedia page on psychedelics: "Psychedelics are part of a wider class of psychoactive drugs known as hallucinogens, which also includes related substances such as dissociatives and deliriants."

Those who coined the word psychedelic used it for a specific group of substances, all of which were employed in psychotherapy and/or shamanism. These include DMT, ibogaine, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, THC, MDA and ketamine. I've never heard of any psychotherapeutic or spiritual applications of DXM, and thus I'm reluctant to accept it as a psyche-delic. Trippy effects are not necessarily psychedelic, as far as I'm concerned. Even DXM's positive effects mentioned by Erowid don't sound impressive. Compare it with the positive effects of acid or psilocybin and you'll understand what I mean.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
Supervixen a dit:
dxm IS a psychedelic, dude. It's just not a "hippy" stuff. (I have nothing against hippies...)
I thought it was a dissociative anesthetic and a hallucinogen, not a psychedelic. Similar to ketamine perhaps, but hardly ever mentioned by psychedelic researchers.

i don't think dxm is a psychedelic. it's a a cough medicine. :lol:

What the hell is a hippy stuff :?: :roll:

G

Invité
sadhak a dit:
well actually I don't do DXM that often
maybe 2-5 times a month

That's WAY too often IMHO, I wouldn't recommend to do it more than once every two months.

sadhak

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2009
Caduceus Mercurius a dit:
sadhak a dit:
according to Erowid it is a psychdelic dissoactive
I like this statement in the Wikipedia page on psychedelics: "Psychedelics are part of a wider class of psychoactive drugs known as hallucinogens, which also includes related substances such as dissociatives and deliriants."

Those who coined the word psychedelic used it for a specific group of substances, all of which were employed in psychotherapy and/or shamanism. These include DMT, ibogaine, psilocybin, mescaline, LSD, THC, MDA and ketamine. I've never heard of any psychotherapeutic or spiritual applications of DXM, and thus I'm reluctant to accept it as a psyche-delic. Trippy effects are not necessarily psychedelic, as far as I'm concerned. Even DXM's positive effects mentioned by Erowid don't sound impressive. Compare it with the positive effects of acid or psilocybin and you'll understand what I mean.

well DXM is good if you want to achieve astral projection

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
I thought it was a dissociative anesthetic and a hallucinogen, not a psychedelic. Similar to ketamine perhaps, but hardly ever mentioned by psychedelic researchers.

The thing is, what IS a psychedelic anyway ? I mean, as for me, it's only something that enlarges your mind someway... and dxm does, doesn't it ?

What the hell is a hippy stuff Question Rolling Eyes

Yeah I know, sounds dumb... :D was thinking about lsd and all...

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
To be honest, the idea of drinking cough syrup to get high is pretty faggotish.

Although I did do it once just to have a go, but it was rather shite.

If you wanted to get high without buying stuff from dealers, then why dont you get some cactus or aya if they are legal to buy in Israel?

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
Syrup is :vom: but you can buy powder.

Supervixen

Inscrit
5 Fev 2009
:shock: Heavy stuff !

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Supervixen a dit:
The thing is, what IS a psychedelic anyway ? I mean, as for me, it's only something that enlarges your mind someway... and dxm does, doesn't it ?
This is how the word psychedelic was coined:

Osmond first offered the term "psychedelic" at a meeting of the New York Academy of Sciences in 1957. He said the word meant "mind manifesting" (from "mind", ???? (psyche), and "manifest", ????? (delos)) and called it "clear, euphonious and uncontaminated by other associations." Huxley had sent Osmond a rhyme containing his own suggested invented word: "To make this trivial world sublime, take half a gram of phanerothyme" (thymos meaning 'spiritedness' in Greek.) Osmond countered with "To fathom Hell or soar angelic, just take a pinch of psychedelic."

And:
The term was first coined as a noun in 1957 by psychiatrist Humphry Osmond as an alternative descriptor for hallucinogenic drugs in the context of psychedelic psychotherapy.

But the word psychedelic has lost much of its original meaning however:
The impact of psychedelic drugs on western culture in the 1960s led to semantic drift in the use of the word "psychedelic", and it is now frequently applied to describe any brightly patterned or colored object. In objection to this new meaning, and to what some consider pejorative meanings of other synonyms such as "hallucinogen" and "psychotomimetic", the term "entheogen" was proposed and is seeing increasing use. However, many consider the term "entheogen" best reserved for religious and spiritual usage, such as certain Native American churches do with the peyote sacrament, and "psychedelic" left to describe those who are using these drugs for recreation, psychotherapy, physical healing, or creative problem solving.