Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

help on peyote

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
hello!

i'm thinking on buying some peyote on ******* to have a mescaline trip. so, i need some help...
how many cacti do I need to buy to have a strong trip ? there's a much of a diference from the 1-2cm and the 3-4 cm cacti ?

thank you, any answers will be welcomed.

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
maybe 40! i made a mistake once and bought one without looking up the dosages and i got shit from people who told me to read up on the informations first (which i normaly do, but this time ... i don't know). i doubt you'll get high on those, my encyclopedia (schuldes) says 40 1-2cm cacti (they also mention that it is extremely stupid to buy it for consumption because they'll barely contain any mescaline, at least if they're cultured)! the dosage info on the peyote site is misleading and wrong.

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Rather buy San Pedro cuttings. I bought a little one (6cm) and planted it - it' growing pretty fast (it's like 10cm after about 3 months, even it's winter now without much sun).

San Pedro are easy to grow and also look nice :)

Also, if you don't want to wait, San Pedro cuttings are a lot cheaper than Peyote so a trip will be affordable.

G

Invité
so, i'll take your advice and buy some san pedro...

i did some research and i found that two 100cm san pedro are enough for a heavy trip. can you confirm this ?

thank you so much for your replies, and keeping the money in my pocket :eek:oo:

:truce:

themoles

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
14 Juil 2005
hi tryptonaut, did you try consuming it? i'd be interested in having my own cacti aswell but im still not sure if any of those are meant for consumption. erowid says i have to eat one fifth of my own body weight to get the most effective dose (that goes for a weak san pedro, but since those aren't naturaly grown i suppose they are weak). i kinda don't trust the reviews since people are having great trips on baby peyotes and amanita joints.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I haven't tried any San Pedro yet (mine is only 10cm tall, but I also do it for the fun of seeing it grow)
I thought about 30-40cm would be enough for a trip (if the cactus is allright, which still has to be proven...)
Source is also on erowid: http://www.erowid.org/plants/cacti/cacti_preparation1.shtml

I hope my cactus will grow relatively well because I use a big pot with a lot of special cactus soil and cactus fertilizer. I try to give it as much sun as I can - let's hope it turns out ok :)

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I once had a San Pedro trip and I took about 19 grams of the dry skin. maybe that is a better standard for mesuring out the amount of cactus you should take. anyway 19 grams was a strong trip for a new substance.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I'm not even sure it is a watch (looks more like a silver bracelet to me). But if it was watch, what's so funny about it? Do you think indian shamans have to live like it's 1800 and the car wasn't invented yet???

Canis_Lupus

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
1 Nov 2005
Yeah you're right, now that I look better I see it isn't a watch...
Just thought it was funny to see an Indian with a watch.
Serious now, I was just joking hehe.
The indians (and others) should keep their loyalty towards their own culture and traditions, instead of becoming "civilized" (who invented that word anyway? who are we to decide who is civilized and who is not) and taking over western habits. Our system is no good for them, they should stay away as for as possible from it.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
I think they have as much right as us to use "modern" stuff, and besides we use their plant dont we?

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
Our system is no good for us, we should stay away as for as possible from it.

That's how it should be! We should stay away from our own system!

Snapinho

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
22 Sept 2004
pfffffff

who are you to decide what is and what is not good for them? let them decide for themselves, right? as you previously stated...

lucasdr

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Sept 2005
I agree with both sides, it's theirs to deside, though it would be wiser if they didn't took over things from our culture.
A friend of mine is working on a project to help the Zapatista indians building their society.
"On request we help the oppressed poor who fight for a decent living. Second of all we like to help people who put ecology and sustainability above economy."
Pretty cool if you'd ask me

iaMg0r0

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
The bigger and older a cactus, the more mescaline it contains.... Erowid says "Lophophora williamsii - 300 mg / 27 g dried material" and heavy dosage is 500-700mg of mescaline so couple of peyotes would do the job :p You'd probably have an ego-death but that's just part of the process (in heavy dosages) Why you guys would rather have san pedro than peyote?

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
becaus a san pedro grows a lot faster! :D