Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Hello internet castrati

Forkbender

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
GOD a dit:
So is any distinction between true and false . ( I mean when someone says something and loads of "experts" stand up and say it isnt true isnt that a sort of sensorship ? )

You know that is not what I implied. I meant that information is selected for its news or entertainment value. It is decided for you what is important and what you should know, you cannot freely explore a subject like you can online.

"Who decides what's true?"

exactly. But even in science (where censorship should be absent) there are taboos and loads of mindless repetition of a textbook, without questioning its validity. Truth emerges soon as everyone just shuts up and observes what is going on.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
" you cannot freely explore a subject like you can online. "

Imagine if schools just told kids to learn by freely exploreing and look things up in internet . Society would colapse .

Again , yes the internet can be a good source of information but its hard to see what is fact and what is shit . On a TV program the most work of checking documentarys has already been done...... by experts and if they do broadcast shit it usualy gets pointed out very quickly .

Yes practicable experience is good and yes it takes time for new technologys to be understood and refined . Thats what i mean . It needs doing . Things need to evolve , to change in a natural proces . Pseudo experts with no proof spreading bullshit in the net is a BIG poroblem . All i`m doing is pointing that out and saying there needs to be something done .

Its a bit like a university ( a source of information ) . Imagine if people stand up , proclaim that they are experts and say that they are right and that the tutors are wrong , like all the self diagnosed people here with their imaginary diseases and problems . ( Sounds like pol pot to ) .

One of the main "problems" on this site are people who have no education , no intelligence , no facts and only did their research by looking things up in google....... and believed , and preach , everything they read .

I dont know what the answer is but we need to find it .

maxfreakout

Inscrit
22 Fev 2007
the internet is the brain of the human oversoul, forming in the womb of the Earth :)

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
A developeing brain and just like all developeing brains they start with ignorance and imaturity and have to learn , to develope and to solve their problems .

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
On a TV program the most work of checking documentarys has already been done

you obviously don't get the ufo chann- i mean discovery channel where you live :lol:

anyway yes this is a human nature problem, the internet just amplifies it

schools teach facts without teaching how to understand the whys and hows behind the facts. people don't learn critical thinking skills. this is the main problem. a lot of people are aware of the theory of relativity. could they tell you about the experiments that have confirmed it or the technologies that use einstein's theories to work? probably not.

the other problem is assuming that people are even interested in facts. people tend to look for information they already agree with that fits into their world view and discard what challenges and hurts. partisan politics are a perfect example of this

also a lot of internet/alternative 'theories' are self-empowering and appeal to the ego. by reading a few pages of text or watching a video some anonymous guy with some editing skillz put together, you know more about biology than all the biologists, more about history than all the historians, etc etc. you can feel smart.. imagining that thousands of people who have studied a subject in detail all their lives have missed out on something really obvious that only you and an few fellow believers have the wisdom to understand. you can feel special.. you alone are privy to knowing about the apocalypse while everyone around you is completely unawares

restin

Inscrit
18 Avr 2008
I like this thread.

I think or at least that's how I see it, that the internet democratizes information, with all its positive and negative sides.

As you point it out, the internet is full of shit. A part of the problem is that the internet gets adjusted to our new world of consumerism. The things in the internet are more important that entertain, shock and that are popular. Things that are popular get more popular so you now have myspace,facebook,twitter, etc. etc. And this is also applied in information that is spread. If articles are wrong but popular they are preferred.

Illegalsmile

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
24 Avr 2009
well the way i use this tool is to get info about things i normally wouldn't be able to, as well as keep in touch with other people like me.

yea there's alot of bullshit out there but i know how to get around it and avoid it.
i know how to use this tool
some people don't
like the dumb kids that smoke out of plastic pipes.
or the people who actually fall for the internet bullshit
fools get played and we get by