Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

good friends become.. annoying?

Ultima

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
27 Déc 2007
hey guys, was just going to post on here.. because well.. im baked and ive realised that alot of stuff i used to find funny/fun is now.. just annoying/boring/irritable.. i dunno, was just wondering if anyone else gets like that.. ZZzzzz so tired..

IJesusChrist

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
It's amazing how easily children can accept even the most different of people as friends....

As we get older our differences become more important, more intruding, and more pervasive (is that a word?).

How old are you?

My story:

I'm rooming with an old bud, one of my only friends that does psychodelics, and one of the 3 that I have actually done psychodelics with, and he has been there actually every time I've done mushrooms.

He is the most annoying, self-centered, eccentric idiot I hang out with. Every sentence becomes about him and his likes and dislikes. Every idea is centered around himself. He doesn't let you finish a sentence and doesn't let you complete 2 sentences without turning it around to himself. I don't know how to confront this behavior - as he just gets very mad and seems to retaliate, mimicing my arguement but onto me.

He gets very angry if I don't agree with him, and if other people are around, tries to get them against me... Sorry this all happened last night so it is fresh on my mind.

It took me about two years to realize my friend is actually not very intelligent, but just really interested and curious about the rabbit hole. He takes everything McKenna and Pinchbeck say to be completely holy.

Here is an example:

My initial intention was to say this:
"Yeah I've been talking to a few people about pinchbeck - they really think he may be a bit over the top, wacko, too - I don't think all his nuts are in the right place. He takes his personal trips and blankets them over everybody else, as if they are correct for everyone, which is wrong."

This is how far I got:

"Yeah I've been talking to a fe people about pinchbeck - they-"

"Yeah dude! He's fucking, like, oh man, when I read some of his stuff, its so REAL ya know? Its. blah blah blah blah blah fuck fuck fuck fuck shit shit ."

"I was going to say they don't agree with him."

"Yeah he's hard to understand."

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
IJC - I can't imagine having very good trips with self-centered hot-headed ignorant prick. I guess that adds an extra layer of displeasure the whole time.

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
You wouldn't believe.

Last night I went to a party and was speaking to a very smart guy. He was a programmer and I, being a chemist, we both had alot to learn from each other. We were in some pretty heavy conversation that started about graphene and ended up in schizophrenia and how a schizophrenic perceives reality, versus a "normal" person.

My friend, from the above post, came into the conversation multiple times with very off topic subjects. He started talking about, oh I don't even remember, but it was like relating quantum mechanics to lizards... It just really threw the conversation off balance. He did it quite a few times and my new acquintance was really nice about it, but struggled to integrate what he was talking about into the conversation. After about the 4th time of attempting to budge into the conversation, he stopped and allowed us to continue on.

That night, after coming home, me and my friend were sitting, eating, drinking so on and trying to recover from the drinking. We had a normal conversation and so on, but the very last thing he said before bed was "Oh, yeah and no more trying to one-up me."

What the fuck man... Imagine tripping with this kid lol

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
See, here social conditioning can really come in handy. Grab a large stick of some sort, and every time the conversation turns to an insensitive or egotistical topic, just smack him on the arm. Since negative conditioning works faster than positive, you should have him back to being a normal human being in about a week. :)

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
IJesusChrist a dit:
You wouldn't believe.

Last night I went to a party and was speaking to a very smart guy. He was a programmer and I, being a chemist, we both had alot to learn from each other. We were in some pretty heavy conversation that started about graphene and ended up in schizophrenia and how a schizophrenic perceives reality, versus a "normal" person.

My friend, from the above post, came into the conversation multiple times with very off topic subjects. He started talking about, oh I don't even remember, but it was like relating quantum mechanics to lizards... It just really threw the conversation off balance. He did it quite a few times and my new acquintance was really nice about it, but struggled to integrate what he was talking about into the conversation. After about the 4th time of attempting to budge into the conversation, he stopped and allowed us to continue on.

That night, after coming home, me and my friend were sitting, eating, drinking so on and trying to recover from the drinking. We had a normal conversation and so on, but the very last thing he said before bed was "Oh, yeah and no more trying to one-up me."

he didn't have anything to add to the convo because he didn't get it. he tried relating one abstract thing that he heard somewhere to the abstract things you were talking about.
but to be honest i'm that guy lol just smarter. i like to think better....at least i'm better at putting my close friends beneath me =/

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
darkwolfunseen a dit:
See, here social conditioning can really come in handy. Grab a large stick of some sort, and every time the conversation turns to an insensitive or egotistical topic, just smack him on the arm. Since negative conditioning works faster than positive, you should have him back to being a normal human being in about a week. :)
uh well in reality turning that into something realistic does work. when people say something stupid, let them know that it's stupid and why. eventually they lose an opinion and adopt yours

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
I wish it was always that easy. Although I was being half serous with the above idea, I don't think you could condition someone to think for themselves. It would be counter-intuitive. Then again, depends on what you use as your catalyst. A high dose of psilocybin has been known to help humans recreate themselves (or invent the ego in the first place as Mckenna pointed out).

waygie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
23 Août 2010
darkwolfunseen a dit:
I wish it was always that easy. Although I was being half serous with the above idea, I don't think you could condition someone to think for themselves. It would be counter-intuitive. Then again, depends on what you use as your catalyst. A high dose of psilocybin has been known to help humans recreate themselves (or invent the ego in the first place as Mckenna pointed out).
you can say certain things to get someone to think for themselves. but self aware people aren't usually productive to you, idiots are....and the government damn sure knows this

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
"Oh, yeah and no more trying to one-up me."

i would verbally punch someone in the groin after that

and also, it is POSITIVE reinforcement that is more productive in regards to conditioning, not negative. that's the entire concept of why you should be nice and try to spread good feelings

Mescaline

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
4 Jan 2007
Actually it is negative reinforcement that works better as long as the negative stimulus is present, or still a threat. The person most likely falls back into their old behaviour as soon as the negative stimulus disappears (think of psychopaths going to prison). Plus it shows (temporary) results faster.

Positive reinforcement really changes people from the inside, but it takes a while for the change to manifest. Once the person has changed however, (s)he will probably stay that way.

DaZeD

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Août 2006
IJesusChrist a dit:

Wow, what a psychopath, no shit, i actually think he's a bit of a psycho, and extremely jealous at you for some reason, i don't know the reason, but he's jealous at you, no doubt.

ophiuchus

Inscrit
14 Nov 2006
well thank you for that defining that for us a little more, however, i still stand by my stance that positive reinforcement is going to be a better option, especially considering this, and especially when considering long term solutions...

IJesusChrist

Inscrit
22 Juil 2008
negative reinforcement is ignorant.

that's why I want to drop scopolamine in people's drinks... ignorance.