Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Flashback?

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Hello everyone,

I’ve got a little problem lately:
When I smoke cannabis I stop trusting everyone around me, I’m becoming kind of paranoid.
This started a few weeks ago. I candy-flipped that night with some guys. That night we also smoked quite some weed.
The next day, after a whole night of tripping I began distrusting the people I tripped with and I started to think that everything they said was a joke at my expense.
I know I can trust these friends, but when I smoke with these guys since that night the feeling of being the laughing-stock of the group comes back.
I wonder whether this is a flashback to the end of the trip or something else. If anyone had a similar experience or has a resolution for this problem I would really like to know, because I love smoking weed with these friends, but I can’t take this ‘flashback-ish’ feeling anymore.

Greetz & Peace,
Roeligan

Monocerotis

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
19 Fev 2007
I can't say I have ever had an experience like you mention but I want to try and suggest some things you can try.

1. Pick an evening and smoke on your own and in your own home when you know you are in a good mood. Try to get really relaxed and you might have flashbacks to that state the next time you smoke with your friends.

2. If that doesn't work, maybe stop smoking for a couple of weeks and see how you feel after that when you have some, alone or with friends.

Furthermore, I don't really know what other drugs you use, but this could maybe also be some kind of strange after effect of a psychedelic and/or dissociative drug. You might stop using those as well for a while and see how that changes the experience.

I hope you lose this feeling soon, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

Lion

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I've had that too.

Weedparanoia.
A big fucking HUGE pain in the ass.
I've even had a small psychose: I started seeing real aliens etc. Really Paranoid about and versus everything.
And when you want to trip with other friends it goes wrong because you start seeing these aliens and you're afraid from em etc... BAH :(

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Hey, thanks for your reactions.

@ monocerotis
2. If that doesn't work, maybe stop smoking for a couple of weeks and see how you feel after that when you have some, alone or with friends.

I'm leaving for holiday for 2 months this saturday, I suppose that would be a good period not to smoke weed. Hopefully it works.

Furthermore, I don't really know what other drugs you use, but this could maybe also be some kind of strange after effect of a psychedelic and/or dissociative drug. You might stop using those as well for a while and see how that changes the experience.
I have used xtc last weekend, but for the rest of the past weeks I only used weed and alcohol, so I don't think it's an other drug, but thanks for thinking along

@ Lion
Is there anything more you can/want to tell about your situation? Because I would hate to end up in a psychosis because of smoking weed..

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Like Monecerotis said: stop smoking weed for a good period. At least a month so that your blood is clean etc.

Then stop using tobacco in your joints when you start smoking again.
Also I would advise, when you quitted smoking weed for a good month. Try to start your weed smoking by a trip first with the same friends.
And see how that goes. Is it positive or negative. When negative, don't smoke for another month.

I know the stopping is really hard, but you gotta be up for the task, put everything on everything, cuz else you'll keep having problems. Had it for 2 times now, and now i'm good, know how to handle it and so on and on...

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Thanks a lot,
I won't smoke the next 7 weeks because of being on holiday, I hope the flashback-feeling will be gone by then

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I wish you luck and strenght, ibet you'll need it knowing what happened to me.

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
good luck to you roeligan, I know how those weed paranoia atacks are. realy frustrating!

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
Shit man :roll: , couple of my friends now are talking to the someone beside them or believe that they are gods on earth or similar. This are not flashbacks! Flashback doesn't needs joint to emerge out. Little stress on work dilute my pupils so wide and I have feeling that I am in water. This last bout some 30sec to 5min!! But when you start to look at friends jokes like something that is attacking yours ego this is light psychosis. Stop smoking and using psychedelic. Buy vitamins from all specter especially from B group, fosfor, magnesium, ginko biloba, yohimbine, GABA, Omega 3-6-9.
Believe me :!: Couple of my friends start to lose sanity exactly by this way. Peace and good recovery.

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Cannabis makes you extra sensitive to your surroundings. I would have to see your friends (the way they interact, they way they make jokes, the level of sarcasm etc.) to know whether you are paranoid, or just noticing that some of your friends are actually a bit immature.

Cannabis also makes you extra sensitive to your inner world, and again, there is a fine line between conscience and paranoia. In the past I sometimes stole things when sober, offended people or took risks in traffic, and then when I got stoned I would feel very bad about these things.

Eventually I stopped doing things I would regret while stoned (to a large extent at least), so nowadays I don't feel bad anymore when I'm high. So the paranoia may simply be a signal that you need to make some changes in your life. If one or more of your friends are actually behaving in ways that hurt your feelings, diminish your self-esteem or undermine your spiritual growth, then you know what to do...

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
OK. You have say to the guy who is maybe at the edge of psychosys to smoke more-man this is nice thing to advice someone who is by my understanding sad that he xp almost all jokes on his account. Listen to me my friend when the edge is experienced it is easier to cross it, meaning sanity.

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
Thanks a lot all for your reactions
I think it's smart to stop smoking weed for a while, in two months I'll be back from holiday and by that time I will try smoking again and if the paranoia stay I'll know what to do.
I will post my findings when I get back and have tried smoking again.
Peace & sanity to all

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Goran.Hrsak a dit:
OK. You have say to the guy who is maybe at the edge of psychosys to smoke more-man this is nice thing to advice someone who is by my understanding sad that he xp almost all jokes on his account. Listen to me my friend when the edge is experienced it is easier to cross it, meaning sanity.

Who said that?

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
This was little misunderstanding but you sad that he needs to try smoke joint with his best friends to see how will that work. Or something like that. I do not have time cause my ADD disrupts me so if I get it wrong sorry. I am out of my medicines for 3 months and this shit is really annoying, meaning ADD.

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
I've had that too.

Weedparanoia.
A big fucking HUGE pain in the ass.
I've even had a small psychose: I started seeing real aliens etc. Really Paranoid about and versus everything.
And when you want to trip with other friends it goes wrong because you start seeing these aliens and you're afraid from em etc... BAH :Sad:

Like Monecerotis said: stop smoking weed for a good period. At least a month so that your blood is clean etc.

Then stop using tobacco in your joints when you start smoking again.
Also I would advise, when you quitted smoking weed for a good month. Try to start your weed smoking by a trip first with the same friends.
And see how that goes. Is it positive or negative. When negative, don't smoke for another month.

I know the stopping is really hard, but you gotta be up for the task, put everything on everything, cuz else you'll keep having problems. Had it for 2 times now, and now i'm good, know how to handle it and so on and on...

I wish you luck and strenght, ibet you'll need it knowing what happened to me.

That was all i ever said on this topic...

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
it's probably the time for you to stop smoking joints and try other things that make you feel good, and not bad.
i had the same with joints, of course my friends were also immature, so was i, and of course some of the bad things i though about were true, but then i prefer to feel good and not bad, as most people do.
there are really nice responses posted here to you, i read them all, just don't know about the smoking pure weed (without tabaco). for the rest everything makes perfect sense, the psychosis thing too. and if you are ADD then maybe you're even more sensitive to this kind of effects. be aware of your feelings! they will tell you what to do and what not, respect your body and your mind. they know what's good and what's not.

alice :wink:

G

Invité
Jup, lay off the ganja for a while man.
You probably have a huge THC buffer in your blood that needs to empty...

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i've had that a very long period, then i quit for 8 months,
till i was totaly 100% sure that my first time i smoked again would not give paranoia.

if you're not sure you won't get paranoid, quit longer.

it's all a matter of setting and giving your body a little rest,
weed is tough on the brain and spirit

people underestimate weed a lot! set and setting is as important as with mushrooms. and the more you smoke, the heavier the effects.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I quit smoking weed because of the paranoia. I tried it again from time to time and the paranoia almost always came back - it wasn't fun in 99% of the cases when I tried it.

In the end I have to say it was good for me because I had been smoking too much (I was a real pothead). Now I can enjoy psychedelics once in a while in a meditative setting, but I'm not abusing weed anymore.

Goran.Hrsak

Inscrit
30 Mar 2006
I presume that weed is doing some damage to the brain receptors which respond to new dose of thc just like it was last time, or maybe it something like autosuggestion? If I smoke weed alone shit storms are invited but in combination with alcohol or opiates weed is still good upgrade for high. With years I do not know how to live sober, sad but true. :wink: :roll: