Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Feedback on my setting for my 1st trip...

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
So I'm gonna go trip for the first time in my life in 4 weeks from now. I'm going to trip with a close friend of mine and we'll trip in my house.

I'm gonna be all alone at home and I'll have the house for myself. We'll be sitting in the living room which is quit a large room because we have an open kitchen as well so basically the whole bottom floor is one big room. I was planning on lighting some candels and some of those sticks that those Asians light all the time (I dunno the word in Englisch) but they give off a very nice and calm smell. We'll be tripping at night or at day. We haven't really decided yet. I want to trip during the day but then we'll go out in the woods. At night we'll trip like this. I'll make a nice playlist with some really mellow and calm hiphop, trance and goa-trance. We'll both take around 1 gram because it's our first time.

Any feedback on this setting? Would this be a good setting for our first time?

Ilian

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Fev 2006
just be sure to place the candles on a safe spot, you dont want a fire..
i have never tripped before so im not sure if youre missing somehting but it sounds good :)

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
Yeah I get penty of safe places to put the candles and actually they're gonna be those cup candles with the aluminium you know? I'll place them in cupholders and I'll make sure that nothing can happen with them...

Oh btw I forgot to mention that any knives, sticks, weed, bong, hasj will be stashed in my room which will be locked and the key will be given to a friend of mine for safe keeping till after the trip. I don't want to have any knives around me when I trip because I tend to "play" with my butterfly knife or with my other knives.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
1 gram is a pretty low dose (I assume you will take the regular ps. cubensis/'mexicans'). You probably (i'm about 70% sure) wont reach the level at which you really start seeing shit (especially the first time, cause your brain still got to get used to the visuals). So you shouldn't be too worried about fucking it up. But yeah, better safe than sorry, you're probably not gonna need the knives anyway.
Music is nice, but don't make too many plans. You can select all the music you like, but when the stuff hits hard, you don't want to hear anything. It is very nice to have some music the first half hour, when you are waiting for the effects to kick in, though. Make sure you and your tripbuddy both like the music that's on.
Don't try to hold back secrets during the trip, one can get very sensitive on shrooms and when someone is holding back certain things, this might cause some struggles.
You probably read this a hundred times, but you shouldn't make too many plans in your head before the trip, or you might be disillusioned when the stuff takes you an entirely different way. Tripping is something you need to learn and in order to learn you need to let the fungus teach you. Don't lay out a plan, cause then the shrooms will play with your head and it might not turn out too pretty.

Now the real tips:
Get some nice food. This is great for the come down (about 6 hours after ingestion) and everything tastes a hundred times better, especially because usually you haven't eaten for a while. Just make sure you don't get artificial stuff, but only naturals: fresh fruit, fresh juices, a nice mozarella sandwich, whatever you like, as long as it is not candy. You can get some pure chocolate to increase the effects slightly.
If you play an instrument, keep it close. You might discover you are really creative. Otherwise, take a pen and paper in case you want to write and some pencils to draw. If you're not into this kinda things, don't force it.
Candles and incense sticks (that's how you call 'em) are good stuff. When it is dark outside, looking into the candlelight is the most beautiful thing. I reckon this will be a trip for fun, but if you do want to make it a more spiritual experience you might want to try meditating during the trip. But beware! This can get really intense if you set your mind to it.
Sometimes you will experience a lot of things at the same time. Sensual deprivation (closing your eyes and ears) usually helps a lot if this annoys you. I would even recommend it if your not tired of these things. The hallucinations with your eyes closed might be more interesting and more illuminating.
If one of you goes bad, just make sure that the other is there for support. Tell him that he will be okay and make him do something different to get his mind out of the negative spiral.
Anyway, have a nice trip, relax, sit back & have fun!

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
Thnx a lot those are some great tips! :D

I know that I'm not gonna need to knives or anything but I "play" with my butterfly knife and I tend to do it pretty often. I don't want to do this while I trip because I have no idea how I'm gonna react so I will lock them away just to be sure...

Yeah I forgot to mention that I was gonna buy some fruits and vegies for after the trip. I'll prolly buy some banana's, tomato's and mozzarella (to make LOVELY sandwiches for after the trip) and maybe some lychees as well and some fruit juice.

I don't play an isntrument but I do draw and write poems. I will keep a pen and some paper around me for sure! thnx 8)

This first trip will mostly be for fun and just to get a feel for tripping. I want to explore my mind as well and I might later into the trip but we'll see how it goes. I wanna take it slow for my first time...

Thnx again :)

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
You might want to roll a small joint (preferably pure weed, cause tabacco tastes like shit) for the comedown. You said you were locking your gear up, but some weed can strengthen the effects when they are starting to wear off.

Don't be afraid you'll start smoking like crazy, cause you probably do what is best for you. With 1 gram, you will probably stay clearheaded throughout the process.

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
Yeah maybe I will keep 1 gram or so... Problem is that I'll have 50 grams lying around by then... So I don't wanna smoke up like crazy like I normally do...

G

Invité
1 gram dried might be to little... You could easily start with 2 grams dried.

The rest of the tips are allready given by Forkbender :D

BTW, wierook is called incense in English ;)

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
Have a sober tripsitter.

Don't plan to much (as said) and don't expect to much of it. When you expect nothing, it can only become better !

Roll a couple of joints, or 1, depending on how much you smoke normally.

Maybe read this 1st : http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/mushrooms/index.htm

Post a tripreport after it !

And, have fun !!

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Never really thought about trips like this with the planning and all.When I tripped for the first time I was 16 and did not really think about what I was going into. It was great but underestimate it and had some very important things planned that afternoon (birthday of a relative). Luckily I had a sober person with me that kept me sane during the whole family process.

I do agree with the others that over planning this thing is not such a good idea, just let it go and see what happens. 1 gram is very little for a first experience it might leave you disillusioned and disappointed, 1.5 - 2.0 gram of dried cubensis would to the trick.

Curious how you are going to like it , think its different for each person. Recently its more talking about tripping than actually tripping myself. Just can't find the time and the rest for it, so I will just wait for the moment to present it self. Nothing to plan for me and for be forced.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
1 gram dried might be to little... You could easily start with 2 grams dried.

I wouldn't start with two grams. One gram is enough to get the feeling for it. You don't wanna be overwhelmed the first time. You can always take more the next time. I am now taking at least 5g for a trip at home, but I am sure I couldn't have dealt with that much on my first trip.

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
We'll be buying 1/8th (so 3,5 grams) so we'll see how to split that up... We could redose an hour after the first ingestion as well....

I'm almost sure that we'll take 1 gram to start with and we could always redose after an hour or so...

Rutger

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
8 Nov 2005
Redosing is for me on shrooms never a good idea. Done it enough times with tea though. First taking a tea with like 3-4 grams each and after a few hours making some more tea from a lower dose say 1-2 grams a person. You can only do this like twice perhaps three times. Gives you a very intense and long trip but the after effects are taking a toll on your body.

If you feel comfortable with one gram then take only one gram. It might leave you a bit disappointed but you are at least on the safe side. The fact that you are planning it so carefully tells me that you quite aware of the effect and what can or can't happen.

Always remember that its just an altered state of consciousness and the only thing you have to do is to give in to it and (to) enjoy it, for some people that is difficult especially for people who like to keep things under control, but in the end its all in your head, nothing more.

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
I'm always told, re-dosing has no effect ?

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
@Marc: It does have an effect from what I've read. Redosing can be done... your tolerance will be there after your trip but while you're tripping the tolerance doesn't really have any effect because a small dose will launch you in a deeper/stronger trip. Or at least that from my research...

@Rutger: Yeah I know what can and can't happen on shrooms and I've researched shrooms and other drugs for about 1,5 year now. I was gonna take 1 gram but maybe it'll be 1,5 grams I'm not really sure yet... Maybe I'll take 1,5 and my friend will take 1 since he hasn't done such a large research as I did. I want him to be in a safe place because it might hit him in another way since he doesn't really know what will happen to him. I explained him though but I know for sure that I can't give him the information that I carry in my head. I've read so many trip reports and articles about shrooms that it's impossible for me to tell him all. I can prepair him the best I can but I know that it'll still be diffirent you know?

petfles

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
4 Oct 2005
It's really easy, keep everything in control :)
No mess lying around, clean space. Above that, be ready to control the lights, music, movies, television etc. Shut off the telephone, it's all about letting go. Go with the flow :)
Like everybody says, whatever you feel like doing is normal. I played some sort of hide and seek with my brother the first time i took schrooms. You feel all sort of things, so do whatever sounds nice. Spiritual stuff is not the goal, it's the expression of what you feel. I don't think you need a sitter, just a co-op. Explore, talk, because you won't be a different person, there is only different attention. I remember i had a beer the first time taking schrooms, the bubbles suddenly became beautiful and i forgot whatever i was thinking. Never drank any of it! It was funny and strange, walking in my room, talking about stupid stuff with my 'sitter'.
I also did do a redose the first time, not with normal schrooms but philosopher stones some weeks after. I remember a big difference with my first trip, more vivid and visual. The feeling was much more intense, because you feel less safe on them comparing to cubensis.
Much more safe than i feel now actually, drinking and smoking, it's a small world ;) It is all about your feelings, not fears. On mushrooms there is no fear. Most people think it is going to reveal their secrets. Even if you are scared of something, if you do, you do, no matter of choice.
I'm stoned out of my head, tired of myself being writing -Take care !

Brakkie

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
29 Juil 2005
HeartCore I'm very carefull on not having a sitter and I'm trying to get someone to sit for us. But I haven't met someone that ever done shrooms or has done a large research on it. So I'd have to be the one that would sit my friend since I know most of it. But I don't think that I'll be able to be his sitter without knowing how it feels like.

We're only taking a very low dose though but yeah I'm still looking for a sitter...

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
To be a good sitter:

- Dont interfere with the trip
- Stay preferably in another room
- check in on the tripper periodically

if they ask:

* they are doing fine
* Yes, tomorrow everything will be normal again
* Everything is fine, they do great

If someone seems to panic or has fears and has difficulty coming out of is, change some lighting in the room, change the music or make other suble changes to distract. Even a simple candle flame can help. Whatever you do, don't' show panic or fear yourself, you are the guy in control, the others gave up control. If they are frightened and look at you and you look slightly frightened or uncertain yourself, this can trigger even more fear in them.

But yes, golden rule is that a sitter should have tripping experience him/herself.

Forkbender

Inscrit
23 Nov 2005
Brakkie a dit:
I'm trying to get someone to sit for us. But I haven't met someone that ever done shrooms or has done a large research on it.

Maybe someone on this forum can help you out? If you tell us where you live, maybe someone who lives close can come and sit for a day or something. We should help each other out!