Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

FDA slaps "Cocaine" drink

Dr. Leospace

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
It's being marketed as a drug and a health aid, and that's a bad, illegal trip, says the agency.

By The Associated Press
Article Launched: 04/12/2007 01:00:00 AM MDT

Washington - Cocaine is a drug, federal health officials say.

So what's the news? This Cocaine is an energy drink produced by a Las Vegas company. It contains no actual cocaine, but is being marketed as "The Legal Alternative" to the illegal drug, according to its website, www.drinkcocaine.com.

The Food and Drug Administration said Redux Beverages LLC is illegally marketing the drink as both a street-drug alternative and a dietary supplement, according to a warning letter released Wednesday.

In addition, dietary supplements cannot carry claims to prevent or treat a disease - something only drugs can do, according to the letter.

The Cocaine website lists an ingredient called inositol and says it reduces cholesterol and helps prevent hardening of the arteries, among other health claims, the FDA said.

"Your product, Cocaine, is a drug," the three-page letter reads in part. It's also a new drug and as such cannot be sold without FDA approval.

"Obviously, we're not a drug. We pretty much have the identical ingredients of every other energy drink out there," said Hannah Kirby, managing partner of the company that produces the beverage.

Kirby said company attorneys already were in discussions with the FDA about how to comply with federal law.

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
My buddy in New York sent me a can before I'd ever heard of the stuff. It's got a shit-ton of caffeine, which I like, but it also has some weird shit in it that makes your throat numb like coke would.

Next to san pedro it was one of the most disgusting things I ever drank.

silv

Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Brewmaster a dit:
My buddy in New York sent me a can before I'd ever heard of the stuff. It's got a shit-ton of caffeine, which I like, but it also has some weird shit in it that makes your throat numb like coke would.

Next to san pedro it was one of the most disgusting things I ever drank.
only nice way imo to use caffeine would be coffee or tea :) I never like the energy drinks, usually just get restless and need to crap.

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Coffee does that to me... I stick to yerba mate nowadays.

I miss ephedrine. A couple kids die of heat stroke and they make it illegal. :(

xonar

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Avr 2007
I remember me and my cousin buying that. It burnt my throat like nobodies business! It had a nice aftertaste though :p

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
Btw:
Recently it got renamed to "Censored".