Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dragonly (kratom)

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Howdy!
I was planning to use a kratom tincture tonight called dragonfly. It's a 1:5 ratio solution in 15% alcohol.

Has anyone ever tried this? Or any other form of kratom, and what does it do exactly?

Brewmaster

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
Duuuuhhhh? I've never used a kratom tincture, and I can't say I've ever heard of dragonfly; but kratom is the fuckin' cat's pajamas. It is by far, my favorite legal ethno.

As for what it does; I assume it would do the same thing any other form of tom would, which is: make you feel awesome! It feels like an opiate, you become very calm, relaxed, meditative. At high doses you start to get the nods. I've never been into prescription pain killers but my wife says it feel like taking a couple hydrocodones or percacets. It's really good stuff but it makes some people a little sick to their stomachs. It doesn't bother me at all unless I try to drink any alcohol while I'm on it. I pride myself on having a very strong gut but kratom and alcohol will most definitely make me throw up.

The only bad side effect, that I hear comes with real opiates like heroine, is itching. See, I like the effects of a high dose of kratom but at high doses you start to get the tingly itchies; kind of like you just walked through a spider's web and you want to keep rubbing your face. It sorta tickkles and it's funny but it can also get irritating.

I have 2 large tom trees but right now they're dropping leaves so I don't want to pull any off for myself. When I'm short on my personal stash, I go here www.thekratomking.com 100g of premium commercial for $36.00 and I'm pretty sure he ships internationally. You just can't beat the price or service.

Anyhoooo, let us know what you think of your dragonfly and have fun :D

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Brewmaster a dit:
Duuuuhhhh? I've never used a kratom tincture, and I can't say I've ever heard of dragonfly; but kratom is the fuckin' cat's pajamas. It is by far, my favorite legal ethno.

As for what it does; I assume it would do the same thing any other form of tom would, which is: make you feel awesome! It feels like an opiate, you become very calm, relaxed, meditative. At high doses you start to get the nods. I've never been into prescription pain killers but my wife says it feel like taking a couple hydrocodones or percacets. It's really good stuff but it makes some people a little sick to their stomachs. It doesn't bother me at all unless I try to drink any alcohol while I'm on it. I pride myself on having a very strong gut but kratom and alcohol will most definitely make me throw up.

The only bad side effect, that I hear comes with real opiates like heroine, is itching. See, I like the effects of a high dose of kratom but at high doses you start to get the tingly itchies; kind of like you just walked through a spider's web and you want to keep rubbing your face. It sorta tickkles and it's funny but it can also get irritating.

I have 2 large tom trees but right now they're dropping leaves so I don't want to pull any off for myself. When I'm short on my personal stash, I go here www.thekratomking.com 100g of premium commercial for $36.00 and I'm pretty sure he ships internationally. You just can't beat the price or service.

Anyhoooo, let us know what you think of your dragonfly and have fun :D
Sounds good, altough I don't know what 'the nods' is. I also hope i won't throw up, i get fairly easy sick to my stomach. Then again I don't mind it too much when my stomach is empty.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Faust a dit:
Sounds good, altough I don't know what 'the nods' is. I also hope i won't throw up, i get fairly easy sick to my stomach. Then again I don't mind it too much when my stomach is empty.

If you get easy sick , try to mix with coca leaves and smoke some pot .
For me coca leaves are the best to stomach problems and is great when mixed with Kratom

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
getting the "nods" is kind of like being in between awake and asleep. You're so relaxed that you let your eyes shut a little, you briefly fall asleep and your head nods forward, then you wake up, pick your head up and do it again and again and again. It's funny to watch someone else do this for 10 minutes straight.

And I doubt it will cause you any stomach problems. I've given the stuff to dozens of friends and no one's ever thrown up from it unless they were drinking too. I had one friend who said it made him veeeerry sick the next morning but I really don't think it was from the tom.

BTW: when did you foreigners start saying "howdy"? :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
oh yeah. totally

smoking some bud is a must. It makes the whole thing uber gravy.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
I've been on the net for ages, picked up lots of cheesy stuff.
Most people think I'm english. I have some hash left, maybe I'll try that along with it.

I don't have coca leaves here though, kinda hard to get I suppose.. :p

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I also hope i won't throw up, i get fairly easy sick to my stomach. Then again I don't mind it too much when my stomach is empty.

Same here.
Often had to throw up on kratom.
My workaround:
Putting kratom-powder into capsules & stomage problems with kratom -> good bye.

amoak

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
11 Mai 2006
Faust a dit:

You have many sources online , even europeans shops .

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
amoak a dit:
Faust a dit:

You have many sources online , even europeans shops .
Hmm I'll have a look sometime.

I just took a bit of the kratom tincture, my tripbuddy postphoned but I didn't feel like waiting so.. I figure it should work within the next half hour (rough guess.) I'll post if it does anything.

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well, It doesn't do much, I just got stoned but thats cause I smoked a bit of hash.

I forgot to shake and there was lots of brown goo on the bottom so maybe I hardly got any kratom in my system. I shaked it a bit and used some more. Should be enough for a full dose (according to *******).

It tastes crap btw, even though theres alcohol to mask the taste. Why can this stuff never taste good?

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
I have 5g of 15:1 extract powder of kratom (supposedly 15x stronger than normal leaves ?). I put the powder in 24 capsules but I wonder what would be a light but effective dosage. Any idea ?

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well, I got a tincture that says 5:1 and I'm supposed to drink 5 ml. You do the math, I'm a newb when it comes to this stuff anyway.

TheeLord!

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
10 Déc 2005
I have 5g of 15:1 extract powder of kratom (supposedly 15x stronger than normal leaves ?). I put the powder in 24 capsules but I wonder what would be a light but effective dosage. Any idea ?

Of course dosage stuff/sensisitity is a very individual matter, but
usually -> 15:1 extract -> 0.5g light, 1g medium, 1.5g good/cool/strong/"the real thing" dose
Simple math -> (3/2)/(5/24) approx 70/10 = 7 of your kratom pills -> 1,5g kratom. (2 for light, 4 for medium)
BTW: I'm putting 0.5g into a capsule s.t 1 pill=light, 2=medium, 3=strong effect.

Maru

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
25 Sept 2006
Thanks Threelords, this seems valuable infos :D
I did not fully filled the pills to get a more accurate dosage.

G

Invité
where can coca leaves be bought on europe ? that just made me curious!

Faust

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
11 Nov 2006
Well, I think i've had about 8-10 ml of the stuff yesterday, and they recommended 5. It didn't seem to do much though. I smoked some hash along with it later, but that didn't feel very different then normal.

I even tried a bit of salvia cause I got bored, that did seem to work but I figured doing a full dose might be not a good idea cause i was kinda stoned at the time. The bit I did smoke did give a nice funny stoned like effect though. My salvia plant seemed to be gloing a bit, but as it's under a lamp that might be quite normal ;).

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
The dragonfly is a bit of a rip-off. It contains 5g thai leaves which is roughly one medium dose. Buy the thai leaves and wash them down with whatever you like and you'll only pay half the price...

I've had bali and thai leaves, the old resin extract and the 15x extract - I must say the 15x extract works but it seems to lack something. The effect isn't that good as from the old resin extract or from the thai leaves.

I once had to throw up from 10g of resin extract (which was kind of an overdose) but I was so stoned from it I even liked the throwing up, LOL
Other than that I never got sick from kratom, only a little dizzy when I took a high dose and when it kicked in I smoked a cigarette. That always knocked me off my feet and I had to lie down (the dizzyness from the nicotine quickly fades and then comes the nice part - just lying, staring at the ceiling and feeling great)

Thanatos

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Mai 2003
I also tried the 15X extract, and it works fine with a high dose. I also thought it resembles a little like opiates (very little!), I even had twinkling eyes and itching nose (I thought it was my imagination).

I had a nice effect on dreaming when I took it about 4 hours before I went to sleep!

I didn't have to throw up.

But regarding the Dragonfly: a simple calculation will show it can't be as strong as the 15X extract:
1 bottle Dragonfly (20ml) contains 5g Thai Kratomleaves. So 5ml only contains like 1.25g!
While 1.5g of 15X extract contains like 22.5g leaves!