Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

DMT and dreaming

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Yeah as i stated earlier, I have also tripped in my dreams. It felt completely the same, the same anxiety, the same buzz, the same breaktrough.. everything. I don't know how often it happens in my dreams but the ones i can remember are pretty heavy.

As you said, the mind is a powerful thing. So if it can recreate such a feeling in a dream, it's only reasonable that it also can when awake.
A psychedelic experience that fades the boundaries between the real and surreal can trigger your mind to do the same without the drugs. I presume I would not have had such dreams if i have never taken the substances. When you are asleep and already rested, your mind has free play (so why not have a nice trip :D, i consider dreams controlled trips anyway).
I don't know the mental state of that person, but i guess some people are more sensitive to it. I consider myself pretty stable, and understand the power of the drugs and respect it.

VerusDeus

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
6 Avr 2006
I dreamt about having two bikes last night and I just didn't know what to do... (totally offtopic, but it is an indication of how strange dreams can be :P )

At entheonaut: I smoked ganja before sleeping, and I do remember I dreamt that 8)

Edit: Didn't smoke ganja before going to sleep yesterday, and when I awoke I remembered way much more dreams than when going to bed stoned/high.

I can't say weed doesn't affect my dream recall :oops:

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Back on the subject of DMT and dreaming, I just thought of something. I heard that people go crazy if they don't dream (i don't know how this is tested, if it is tested at all, keep waking testpeople up or something?). So dreaming (or supposedly, a minor dmt trip?) is a necessity in life. I have not had the pleasure of smoking DMT or doing aya yet. But it's obvious that a lot of people experience a beneficial effect in the period after the experience. If you try to relate this to dreaming, you can say that DMT is something that you have undergo once in a while (dreaming) to feel good in general. In big doses (like when smoked) the effect is even more noticeable. Ofcourse the revelation an experience can provide is also a big part of the feel-good vibe.
As you can see, i like to explain things like this by unifying ideas. This similarity is just something that popped up in my mind when reading.