Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dissociative trip on weed?! scary. help.

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
My best friend just smoked with her boyfriend today
and she seems to have experienced a TRIP. and a very bad one at that.

at first she says she felt fine, just a regular high after smoking a small amount of weed out a joint.
later on she started to feel like she was dreaming, she wasnt sure if things that were said were real or not, and imagined her boyfriend saying things that he didnt say, she then began to weave in and out of reality, constantly thinking she was "waking up" from a dream. she then thought that she went to michigan with her boyfriend, where he broke up with her and cheated on her, she went home to find that her family had abandoned her- her father and brother hating her and her mother trying to leave. she started bawling thinking it was real- while her boyfriend in real life just saw her cry. he tried speaking to her but she hardly heard it and was unable to reply to outside stimulation. it was really scary to her, she was terrified and her "time in michigan" seemed to last days, and everything lasted a long time, but in real life from 5pm to 8PM seemed to last minutes..

idk about you but that doesnt sound like weed to me, that sounds like Datura- as if it was laced.
but she says her boyfriend (who smoked the same joint and loves her dearly) just experienced a regular high, his only discomfort being his girlfriend being terrified, unresponsive, and crying. he began to cry a little too because she was so scared.

[idk what this was, but I'm worried for my best friend
she just called me telling me all this and I want all of your opinions to what this could have been/what could have happened.
all I see is a Datura/angels trumpet sort of dissociative trip
but she swears that it couldnt have been laced- esp. with her bf being fine.

plus, it was a small amount- too small to have a real "trip" off of weeds psychedelic properties I would think....]

please help "/

G

Invité
How old is she ? Does she usually smoke ? If she's too young or if she doesn't smoke for a long time, it could be pathological..

Nina_is_alive

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
11 Mar 2009
she's 16.
she smokes every week/ every other week or so at the least I'd say.

and she's never had any problems whatsoever smoking before
not even paranoia or anything

st.bot.32

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
I've had my fair share of surprising experiences on pot, so here's my take on it. (edited today now that I'm .. sober ;) )

First of all, the effects of weed can seriously vary. One type of weed, it can take half a joint to get going, realy good pot..just a couple puffs and you are out of it. It can vary by day too.. there's a lot of factors. Also weed does have a profound psychedelic edge, people really underestimate it. I've had a few experiences when I was relatively new to cannabis where I panicked, got paranoid, it was really just me psyching myself out (while high).

It does sound to me partially like she had a bit of a trip and wasn't mentally prepared for it at all. It brought out things in her psyche.. Maybe with time she will be able to look into the experience and treat it like a dream, and interpret it likewise.

If she's really worried, take a break from it. wait a bit. then try it again. If she's feeling strongly depersonalized.. look for advice elsewhere.. research, find someone who knows what they are talking about :)

Remember tim leary's advice: to paraphrase off the top of my head.. psychedelic substances are only for the confident, healthy and happy.