Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Damiana

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
My apologies if this is the topic of an earlier thread.

Yesterday I tried the herb damiana for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised. I smoked a joint of it along with a cup of tea made from it and it was very pleasantly relaxing. It's not that strong an effect but I found it certainly did having a calming/relaxing effect. I then tried it mixed with pot and it turned out to be such a nice smoke, still got the thc effects but with a soothing feeling that if you're the type who gets anxiety/paranoia from dope I think adding damiana would help a lot. This is a pleasant herb and worth trying.

The packet also had a recipe in it for some sort of extraction:

DAMIANA LIQUOR LOVE POTION

Soak 25g of dried leaves in 500ml tequila or vodka for 5 days.

Pour of liquid, strain and filter through coffee filter.

Soak the remaining alcohol drenched leaves in distilled water for 5 days, pour off the liquid, strain and filter as before.

Warm the water extracts to 160f and dissolve in it half to one cup of honey.

Combine the alcoholic and aqueous extractions - it's supposed to taste "exquisite" and is "most effective".

Does anyone have any experience with this very soothing herb and/or tried this alcohol extraction?

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
I haven't done anything involving it, but it sounds like something worth trying! :D Do you know if theres any way to grow it in a place thats always changing temps like missouri lol? I have TERRIBLE paranoia while high, every time! if mixing that or just making a glass of tea would take that away, I would love to try! Whats it like without weed?

itsscience

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
7 Oct 2010
I've smoked a couple of cones of damiana straight and I have still felt the relaxing/calming effect. If you're a regular pot smoker don't expect the feeling to be as strong as pot but it still definitely has an effect.

There are a number of other herbs you could try mixing with pot such as Lion's Tail or California Poppy.

If you're interested in any of these herbs I highly recommend a book called "Happy High Herbs" by Ray Thorpe.

Nanosage

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
10 Mai 2010
Hmm, I', gonna have to check that book out! thanks

G

GalactiCat

Invité
"Does anyone have any experience with this very soothing herb and/or tried this alcohol extraction?"

I have made this love potion. Whenever i have access to the ingredients i make a batch or 2. It is very pleasant to drink & has a lovely effect. i sell it in my gypsy cafe at festivals & parties. people(particularly mature women) i find very receptive & always come back for more & bring there friends along. Im in a different country to where i have the book with original recipe so i am very happy to find a reminder here online (having just invested in a kg of damiana & a litre of rum ;))

herbmaster2015

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2013
have you tried to make any edibiles with your damiana, brownies and such....im interested in this ..............so your making a damiana extract drink? and your ratio of damiana sounds crazy? it wont fit in my mailbox....lol!

FannieBouchard

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
7 Mai 2013
if this is that much of benefit then i am all set to give it a try and it is of all the worth to do so, by the way ... let's done with it

SWIMMER

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
29 Juil 2015
Damiana is a great plant. I'm a frequent smoker of Damiana, weed and about 10 other smokable plants (white lotus, skullcap, verbena etc...) that are not weed. The secret about Damiana is that it is not weed so don't except it to give you a weed high but it will give you an alternate feeling or an alternate high then weed. Damiana is pretty calming, sleepy, and is more like an anti-depressant where as weed can have a nervous energy to it at times (paranoia) and is more foggy headed compared to Damiana which is clearer but it can be pretty foggy which mixed with other smokables. Typically this herb is great if you need to be brought down from a trip or to be smoked with weed to add something extra too it or take away paranoia. If you say it does nothing you need to smoke more...same with all of these herbs that are out there remember they are not weed and each plant has a different dose for an example shrooms the dose might be 2g or 3g but weed the dose would be like a bowl to few bowls which could be about a dim to 1g. They all have something to offer but they are NOT weed so don't expect them to be weed and you will find that these legal plants are quit enjoyable and there may even be some you like better then smoking bud...I have found a few. Being a frequent tripper of natural plants like shrooms, cacti, and LSA I found Damiana helps you come down from a trip if you ever get overwhelmed too which has turned out helpful a couple of times for me since I black out often in trips.

Weil

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
2 Oct 2015
Hi everyone, sorry if my question is stupid: I need to dry the herb or i can smoke it fresh from the plants? I would like to smoke catsnip.

botanicalguides

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
8 Mai 2016
The first time I tried damiana I was blown away ( str8 up got me high, and not like pot a different unique buzz, it's own thing ) I have not felt anything like that off of damiana after using most vendors supply. I think there is verry little good damiana on the market but it actually is quite a powerful little herb.