Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Dad hooking on codeine

TH3xMUT4NT

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
4 Déc 2013
my dad has been hooked on tylenol codeine my entire life (I'm 19) and combined with him being an alcoholic aswell, I'm really concerned on how much longer he's gonna be around for. he's looking worse and worse, and apparently he's already gone somewhere to get clean twice a long time ago , I've even been questioning telling him i refuse to see him again unless he cleans up. I'm really an introvert and shy about confronting major topics with people. is there anything any of you can advise or hould I just leave it be?

Jamapricotica

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
18 Déc 2008
Wow, that's pretty heavy. It will be hard for any of the members of this forum to offer you worthy advice for such a serious and presumably complex situation. But of course we will try to help in any way possible.
I myself do not have much experience with opiates and certainly my knowledge on tylenol is somewhat lacking.
You say you are concerned about how much longer he will be around for. Perhaps you could begin by describing exactly what the signs are that have lead you to this conclusion. Eg. His current state of health, attitude, behaviours etc.
As I said we will try to help you but I recommend you talk to a counselor as well just to ensure that you're own mental state is in a good place because you will probably need that kind of support in order to help you deal with your dad's addiction; look after yourself so you may be strong enough to look after your dad.
Keep us updated yeah?

Monad

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
15 Sept 2012
I totally agree with Jamapricotica, you should ask for help (both for you and for your father) to someone who knows how to act in this kind of situations! If you need some moral support, we are here... But for a more concrete action you should look for some one near you, in the physical world!

P.S. Are you the only one in your family how cares about your father? Working in group can speed up and make more effective this sort of work!

Blessings,