Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

concerning extraction solvents

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
Do you think that benzene due to it's toxicity should not be used as a nonpolar solvent in the first stage in extraction of e.g. LSA from morning glory or such?
what solvent other than petroleum ether would you recommend?

cryptamine

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2004
I wouldn't play around with benzene if there exists options. Rather use regular lighter fluid. What's wrong with ether? Or distilled water. /forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dan_kNugs

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
4 Nov 2002
Lighter fluid for sure..lighter fluid for sure.

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
the problem with distilled water is that it isn't a strong nonpolar solvent and so the chemical which is waste doesn't dissolve as well and it also takes the good stuffs from the seeds. accordin to my info ethyl ether is banned here in finland.. a problem.. /forum/images/graemlins/smirk.gif propably going to use methanol...any other non toxic nonpolar solvents ????

acx01b

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
13 Nov 2003
in france, toluene is eazy to buy (at the supermarket)

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
toxicity? do you know? don't want anybody to /forum/images/graemlins/thud222.gif from the shit.. /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif you know...

The_Dreamer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2004
You say you're probably going to use methanol. if you're concerned with toxicity, shouldn't you use alcohol (ethanol) instead ?

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
the good thing with methanol is that it evaporates completely, leaving no residues. denaturated alcohol does the same trick but its polar. don't remember wether methanol is too, could be. going to find out before i do the thing. thanks anyway.

The_Dreamer

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
6 Jan 2004
I wouldn't use denaturated alcohol man /forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif (though alot of the times they denaturate with some methanol /forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

acx01b

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
13 Nov 2003
90% alcohol from the pharmacy: dont drink it or maybe you'll die (chlorhexidine...)
90% alcohol (denaturated alcohol) contains 10% methanol: dont it drink or you'll die.

toluene is toxic to drink
toluene is non-polar, and is not very toxic for skin. and it has very very very low miscibility with ethanol+methanol+water

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
true. only nonpolar solvent is my problem. i don't know where i could get toluene, haven't seen it in the hardware stores here. gotta keep looking. thanks.

cryptamine

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
5 Juin 2004
Yep, lighter fluid works as the toxic solventbase. Of course you don't drink it, that's the whole point of that phase of the extraction, not to mention you let it evaporate before going on to dissolving the LSA.

LuciferII

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
14 Juin 2004
/forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif no shit gotta let the solvent evaporate.. /forum/images/graemlins/grin.gif yeah...