Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Cannabis makes time seem to pass slower

Caduceus Mercurius

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Scientists have discovered that certain drugs, including cannabis, slow down one's sense of time, which is regulated by receptors in the brain, while other drugs speed it up. This is from the Science Channel, a documentary called "Time": Scientists discover marijuana makes humans live longer.

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
I was sure of it...

When I bike when high it seems to me that it takes more time getting somewhere than usual, like I perceive that I go at the same speed as usual but my bike is advancing slower than usual at this speed.

Brugmansia

Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
Life is a given drink, you can narrow your brain, kill certain antenna's and act with, and for whatever comes on your path without muse breaks.

Or activate intensified sensation, witness and taste every second individually. Time is relative, and time on a measured scale can't be changed, but the observer can alter his censors of his consciousness in where the frames are coming in as signals.

Nice, it's such a relief to see science supporting what we already knew. It helps our position within 'the crowd' a lot.

Nomada

Inscrit
4 Juil 2008
Is it "correct" to extrapolate such a simple experience to the human domain from a day in a lab with some mice?

I mean...well, in the context of the extremely un-empathic one-dimension human that can has become of orthodox scientificism and others in this ossified power structure, with its cult to the objective world, yes!, It does come as a surprise that time perception is a subjective construction! Thus any subjective altering device will produce time perception changes. That comes as no surprise to anyone with a little common sense.

I like Einstein metaphor of the trains. Two trains traveling on parallel lines,the first, your mind, the second, the universe. If you go faster, the other one looks as if going slower. If you activate intensified sensation-as Brugmansia adequately put- you geometrically maximize the cognitive resolution and time does seem to go slower because there is sooooooo much shit going through, a wondrous torrent of life plethora-this has been my more generalized experience through cannabis particularly. Yet this is, by virtue of the same time relativization, not reduced to time simply going slower; rather, it becomes plastic, sensible to the will of the supreme entity of the subconscious and so it becomes that it might go slower or faster, on occasions, or both at the same time.

Brugmansia a dit:
Nice, it's such a relief to see science supporting what we already knew. It helps our position within 'the crowd' a lot.

Not necessarily I think, because in the context of the productivist logic that permeates the system you might not want to be seen as a slow paced individual because you accumulate capital slower. You need to make money, fast. EDIT: but very true as it has been "scientifically" insinuated that time perception is subjective and very plastic. Though this, in the scientific psychological, esoteric, religious, cultural and philosophical "world" has been known and wrote about for ages.

Lastly, why has it been "Cannabis makes time seem to pass slower" correlated with "Scientists discover marijuana makes humans live longer"???

Caduceus Mercurius

Inscrit
14 Juil 2007
Is it "correct" to extrapolate such a simple experience to the human domain from a day in a lab with some mice?
Well, to paraphrase Dennis McKenna: you can't really judge the effects of psychedelics on the basis of how they affect rodents. A "large animal" bio essay is required for any definite conclusions. Unfortunately you can't legally give these substances to human beings.

Lastly, why has it been "Cannabis makes time seem to pass slower" correlated with "Scientists discover marijuana makes humans live longer"???
If a day seems longer than it actually is, one would subjectively experience every day, and thus life, to be longer. Of course, one would have to be stoned every single day to significantly "extend" one's life. I'm not completely sure about the logic behind that correlation though. If the rat experiences 12 seconds as being less than 12 seconds (because it pushes down the lever much later) it could be said one experiences the 24 hours of a day as less than 24 hours, and the 75 years of one's life as less than 75. Or?

G

Invité
I guess it all goes down to the definition you give to those concepts.

I don't do weed so I can't pronounce myself on this, but DXM gives me a HUGE slow down in time (2 minutes seems like one hour, a night-long trip seems like a month). And that's when it doesn't totally fucks up the way time passes for you (ie you feel like you already tripped the last quarter of your trip when you're only halfway through).

FluidDruid

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
17 Sept 2008
Time seems to pass slower for me, I ALWAYS loose track of time when I'm "under the influence".

If the average life span of a Human male is around 85 years old, than there is an average of 2,643,840,000 seconds for the Human life span.

Think of the ramifications! :idea: :D