Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Can I use sodium bicarbonate?

SamRivenbark

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
30 Mai 2013
Well i am not sure of that.but i guess you should stick to the existing method. it will prove great..trying new things may result in sore results.

KR3CHeR

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
3 Juil 2013
maybe later on when you have nearly perfected dmt you could try using it and post if we could?

iflewtogallifrey

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
15 Août 2013
I had the same problem. I thought about using another compound other than the carbonate. I m studying chemistry atm and theoretically it doesn t make a difference. The only purpose for the carbonate is so that it washes the residual lye sticking to the dmt after freeze precipitation. The carbonate, forms an ionic/polar solution in water. thus the residual NaOH(being ionic it is only soluble in polar solutions) migrates to the carbonate solution and fres itself from the dmt. it doesn't matter whether its a carbonate or a bicarbonate, as long as it is soluble in water and forms an polar solution. have a good day

JeffHeadrick

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Août 2013
bettery try to go for some other compound as sodium bicarbonate is not the ideal one for you to use anymore. it may worsten the situation so better to avoid this immediately..

Dr. Dimitri

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2014
It wont pull as much apparently according to some chaps on dmt nexus. Still it sounds safer than contaminating your end product with lye NaoH. SWIM has used soda ash, like a pool ph increaser, it fizzes for a while when u put it in so beware if glass jars etc.

Dr. Dimitri

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
15 Août 2014
smoking lye contamination will cause damage while soda ash bicarbonate only cause irritation