Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

brainwashing

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
it's real on different scales. on the small scale and big scale in schools, tv, radio, newspaper. as if they couldn't control the people as efficiently as they are doing it if they wouldn't brainwash them beforehands....

i think it works because of the inner parrotlike subconscious mind-dialogue which is being abused through the enforcement of ideas sometimes more and sometimes less sublime.

what you think??

sopor

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Nov 2006
if you can be told what you can see or read...
then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.

magickmumu

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I think it's a interesting topic.
On the one hand there are those in power who use psychology and propaganda to brainwash and control the masses.
There is a BBC documentary that goes into this. It's called the Century of the self. If you haven't watched it, check it out.

On the other hand there are the CIA mind control experiments some of you may know about.
The CIA was very active. They experimented on mental patient, inmates, childeren and each other.
I think the people who did these experiments are criminals/terrorists and they should be called to justice. :evil:

Psychoid

Inscrit
27 Jan 2007
sopor a dit:
if you can be told what you can see or read...
then it follows that you can be told what to say or think.

Hehe another fan of Boards of Canada? :p

st.bot.32

Inscrit
5 Oct 2007
^ nice :)

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
the only purpose seems to be mind control. directing how people think and how they think in masses, maybe they think of themselves like shepherds lol, but it's real people are sheep and some don't know what to do themselves they always need someone to "follow". so some of these psychological "principles" are being abused to exploit the consumer aka the customer as much as possible, for which you can't blame the companies, as it's normal for them trying to maximize the profit, however considering the manipulational psychological games that they use and implant into people's heads with "moving pictures and sounds" to make them wanting the products, services, whatever, etc is just disgusting in my opinion, but sometimes advertisements show a certain sense of humor too which i like and are not only "functional advertisements" or how they are called...

hhehehe goold ol' obi-wan-kenobi!!!!!!! :weedman:

[youtube]k1rlThKe1qo[/youtube]

sensei58

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
17 Jan 2010
brainwashing is easliy detured by the self the choice maker but everyone has t make that choice i think some brain washing tickles and some stings but hey i get to choose right

spice

Inscrit
22 Déc 2006
magickmumu a dit:
On the one hand there are those in power who use psychology and propaganda to brainwash and control the masses.
There is a BBC documentary that goes into this. It's called the Century of the self. If you haven't watched it, check it out.

On the other hand there are the CIA mind control experiments some of you may know about.
The CIA was very active. They experimented on mental patient, inmates, childeren and each other.
I think the people who did these experiments are criminals/terrorists and they should be called to justice. :evil:

Don't use the past tense, they are still doing it.

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
spice a dit:
magickmumu a dit:

Don't use the past tense, they are still doing it.

I am sure they are still doing it.
But I have no facts or information to back up such accusations.

Maybe you have :?:

What I wanted to point out is that there is evidence of mind control experiments in the past.
The people involved are known, however these criminals have not been brought to justice.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
the war today is a information war, itsa war for CUSTOMERS and most of all for MONEY, but well it's (money) the ultimate tool for the perpetuation of one of the greatest vices of all men, especially in modern times, which are of course greed, selfishness, materialism and different variations or similar values like envy, jealousy, irascibility, ignorance and what have you........

hmm magicmumu i think i'd call these experiments not brainwashing, but more real brainprogramming, brainwashing for me fits more the definition of that you still have a choice left, but they try to override your choices by too many stimuli and confusion, etc.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I think a lot of brainwashing in the media is a self-perpetuous cycle of what people are reacting to, not so much a planned brainwashing.

Take Fox News as an extreme example - they are "brainwashing" people that mostly don't need to be brainwashed at all. They only feed more and more of the same crap to an audience that wants to hear exactly that.

Not saying that this is better in any way, I'm just thinking the media is only feeding people with stuff they want to hear most - because that will get them the most viewers. They have to polarize, and show sick stuff, then people will watch and say "yes, that's what I thought!"
The media today is all about viewer statistics. More viewers: good. Less viewers: bad. No real ideological background behind that, just economics.

darkwolfunseen

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
5 Août 2009
Brainwashing is just another name for conditioning. Conditioning itself is a neutral activity, one that you can't ever get rid of while living in the physical world. So what make's it "bad" or "evil" is when it is used for nefarious ends.

I think that this distinction is important, because if we consider all brainwashing bad, then we have no way of learning. I think true brain washing, in the terms you're mentioning BrainEater, is actually brain cleaning. It replaces true statements (facts) with opinions poised as facts. The more this occurs, the less stable the mind becomes on it's own, and the faster it secedes to other ideas. Eventually thoughts become a type of hive mind, where an individual doesn't have a thought occur independently, but only repeats what is available to him/her through the media.

^^^ So what I'm trying to say (possibly in a bit convoluted way) is that an individual does not actually exist until they can process thoughts on their own. At this point, we're talking about less than half the world as being even partially awake. I don't know, that might be kind of generous actually.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
well yeah man you described that pretty clear. and i agree on this... but think about why people in the media would rather prefer a conditioned audience, as that'd make it easier to "work with it" . and to work with it just means to sell the product. of course it is easier to sell a product to people who want the product, than to sell it to people who don't want the product.
so that's why they might think they need to condition "their audience" and the supposed needs of them to the supposed wants of them in order to apply their product when they need positive cash-in-flow they'd rather "push the button" and generate the cash-flow by simply MAKING the peoples want the product and ... there you go!!! the capitalistic machine in action!!...
:roll: :lol:

i guess it's written on another page, what levels of control are applied and what reasoning or reasons stand behind them. the justice element is reflected on different layers, also, however that could create a yet bigger discussion, it is probably beyond our control in its entirety as a process.

peace out :weedman:

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
Learning that you are conditioned is part of growing up for me. Most people discover that Santa Claus does not exist sooner or later. I think it's the same with all these other conditioned ideas about reality.

as Bob Marley sang
You can fool some people sometimes,
But you can't fool all the people all the time
So now we see the light (what you gonna do?),
We gonna stand up for our rights!

The beauty of psychedelics is that they can get you beyond the conditioned mind.
They are great tools to help one free the mind of bad conditioning.

Timothy Leary knew about the mind control stuff going on. I guess it's why he made psychedelics so popular. When he discovered psychedelics, he saw them as tools to stop the mass mind control that was (and still is) going on.

When you have seen the light, what you do is up to you. You might ignore it. you might do something with it.
Or you might switch believe systems. Replace your old conditioning with a brand new one. Pretending that you are now free.

nuno

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
12 Mar 2010
Just wanted to make a small contribution.

Its not money they want, its debt. Your debt.

In fact there is no "money" per se anymore. All money is a representation of someones debt. Its been so since it stopped being backed by gold.

now the question is. what is debt?

You guys know what indentured servantry is? look around. They just found a way to make it perpetual, and cross generational too.

BrainEater

Banni
Inscrit
21 Juil 2007
i have heard: "the pen is mightier than the sword", or something similar... do you think tis true???