Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Blending

user_1919

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Hello again,

I was wondering what would happen if you injected a jar with half one of strain, and half of the other, would you get a blending effect, or so to say, 2 mushroom strains in one mushroom? Or would you simply get two differernt mushrooms growing on the same cake in different areas, depending on where the myceluim grew for that strain.

PEACE

Roeligan

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
22 Mai 2007
You would probably get only one type of shrooms, the one that collonizes fastest. The strains wouldn't melt in any way, therefor one has to have a laboratory and loads of knowledge about cloning and genetical engeneering.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Two seperate strains.

If you want to cross strains, you need a lab, good microscopes and a lot of patience. Apparently it is possible to cross two cubensis strains together but since the mono karyotic mycelium when meeting another, only has a 25% change of being compatible, it can take a long time trying to cross two strains.

The mycelium groing in jars is not mono anymore but the coming together of two threads from two different spores. This mycelium does not mate with other mycelium, as does its presuccessor.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
HeartCore a dit:
Apparently it is possible to cross two cubensis strains together but since the mono karyotic mycelium when meeting another, only has a 25% change of being compatible

the "sex" of the spores (it's not at all a sex but you can compare it with that), is either "+" or "-".

resulting in 4 possible combinations: +- / ++ / -- / -+
of which two are compatible (+- and -+) => 50% chance.

i think one of the books GOD posted recently has some info about crossing species of mushrooms. i think it's called "the mushroom cultivator".

i will do some deeper reading on it. i don't think it's that hard to cross species because it happens in nature, otherwise the evolution of the mushroom would be soooooo slow...

user_1919

Inscrit
21 Fev 2007
Thanks guys

Sorry for posting this in the 'Cacti' section, I just got my wisdom teeth out, and i'm a little drugged up. If an moderator wants to put it in the "Mushrooms" section, feel free to do so....

PEACE