Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Before its to late :(

• Auteur de la discussion Guest
  • Date de début
G

Invité
I love growing plants to start off with!
i live in Utah, and there trying to pass laws to out law, and make salvia D illigal :(
i am desperately trying to get, and have been trying to get 2 or 3 cuttings of salvia for myself so i can propagate and grow some before its to late to get them legally *i am not a real big fan of breaking the law, i keep it legal*

well.. so basically what this thread comes down to is simply me begging all you salvia growers out there, who have large plants and are able to send cuttings to send me one, or something
i will pay for shipping and for the plant if you want me to
i just want one :)
thank you

also its important to note, if you live far away the plant likely will not be able to make it over alive so who ever lives in N. America would be an ideal person to get cuttings from

thank you :)

ProStoner

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
I have 4 cuttings here now .. but I live waaay 2 far away .. I don't even want to do that to my plants,
good luck on finding your salvia :)

Entheonaut

Inscrit
29 Mai 2006
ProStoner a dit:
I have 4 cuttings here now .. but I live waaay 2 far away .. I don't even want to do that to my plants,
good luck on finding your salvia :)

Lady Salvia will never forgive you if you send her babies to America, that would be murder :p... Next time you smoke SD she'll have her revenge!

G

Invité
you can bet on that. she had her revenge on me once and now i know i really have to respect her!

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
daytripper a dit:
you can bet on that. she had her revenge on me once and now i know i really have to respect her!
hihi

she's a strict teacher!!!

I think everyone who has a full salvia experience knows you have to respect her.. And not only her.. Life in all her ways.

ProStoner

Inscrit
18 Juin 2004
well to answer you both :p

I would never ever do that to salvia :D
and I havn't had a full sally d experience though :)
and I will wait for it untill my own plants are ready to be productive..
for now i`ll just let them grow and make more cuttings :)
and when she's ready, i`ll start smoking the leafs untill I get some effect from them :)
I`m hoping that is right away .. cause I treat my plant with a lot of love

Mandrake

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Juin 2007
toast a dit:
. . . if you live far away the plant likely will not be able to make it over alive so who ever lives in N. America would be an ideal person to get cuttings from

Do a Google search on Salvia Divinorum. You will find many sources to research. Some of the salvia dealers sell cuttings or whole plants and I'm sure many are in the U.S.

If I'm not mistaken salvia is still legal in Utah just now, so you should be able to receive a shipment with no problem.

Happy gardening.

Shaterton

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Avr 2007
Aaaawww!!! I like that :)

Here everyone seems to respect Sally and to consider it as a conscious plant ^^ I tough I was the only one :p lol

1st time I took it, I wanted her to slap me, and she did >.< With fucking normal leaves lol

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
All plants are conscious ^^

Shaterton

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Avr 2007
Well, perhaps... But it's easier to feel it with sally lol

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
|:p
lame...
i never needed any plant to feel their spiritually conscious presence...

Mandrake

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Juin 2007
Dantediv86 a dit:
All plants are conscious ^^

If that's true then you and I are criminals, because we set this one on fire and burn the hell out of it.

That's not something I'd consider doing to a conscious being.

Shaterton

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Avr 2007
...perhaps they just feel useful when we smoke'em? LOL xD

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
You guys i was waiting for something like this
finally someone has started it :twisted:
i mean when we take the plant to smoke it is an act of murder, but is really to explain what i mean....however i think that if you grow the plant and reproduce it i think is a fair trade to use parts of the plant while you are also ensuring it's survival by planting the seeds :)
not only that i wanted to say
a few days ago i was dreaming, and in the dream i was smoking the most beautiful tasty and stoning joint and it was the most beautiful thing i dreamt in my life
suddenly i feel a presence behind me and i turn around.
there was the primordial plant, plant of all plants and mother to them. i got scared shitless she was humongous as powerful as mother Gaea. she communicated to me through empathic links, and she told me that i wasn't supposed to smoke her children but to eat the fruits that come out of them...end of dream.
:?
that was quite weird hu?
however i'm not going to smoke again for the rest of my life....

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
I think for some form of consiousness, at least a network of interacting nodes is needed that have connections to neighbouring networks.

So I think it is principal possible that 'consiousness' emerges in a field of grass a few hundred meter wide**, 'talking' to another field of grass a few meters separated from it and interacting with it through roots or pollen. The time scale will be very different from ours, saying 'hello' to the neighbours could take somethink like 10 hours*. Creating a forum post would take something like 500 days***.

Removing a few patches of grass, or burning it during a campfire would not matter. The network as a whole would go unbothered.

*typical firing rate of neurons are 10 hz. typical diffusion through roots or pollination is on the time scale of hours. so 10*3600=36000 times slower. Saying 'hello' takes ~1 sec for humans, so it would take ~36000 second (=10 hours) for a consiouss field of plants to say an equivalent of 'hello'

**The human brain has ~100 billion (=10^11) neurons. taking the root of that gives the number of nodes (316227)on one side of a square packed with interacting nodes. I estimate that one grass node takes 1 by 1 mm. that would mean that a square of 316 meter by 316 meter has enough nodes to compare with a mammal brain.

*** I think and write slow; I used 20 minutes as an estimate :)

Shaterton

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
13 Avr 2007
..WTF?! :shock:

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
phalaris a dit:
*typical firing rate of neurons are 10 hz. typical diffusion through roots or pollination is on the time scale of hours. so 10*3600=36000 times slower. Saying 'hello' takes ~1 sec for humans, so it would take ~36000 second (=10 hours) for a consiouss field of plants to say an equivalent of 'hello'

I don't completely agree with you, but you almost got it right
actually plants alone have a consciousness without needing to many other plants around.
my uncle for example is a herbologist and he not only treats them in the best way, he actually stays hours talking to them, he sells them for half the dose required by traditional methods cause they have a higher active principle % in them than other plants. ( i wonder how it would be if i gave him MJ to grow)
besides that plants have hormones and pheromones to communicate with eachother they don't use roots and pollen...and is true to communicate through hormones takes 1000 times more than with neurons and neurotransmitters.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
as far as we know, plants only use their communication between cells for homeostatic functions. also, plants have no senses that we are aware of to feed their "consciousnes"

also, there has never been an evolutionary need for plants to have a consciousness, because they don't need to search for food, unlike animals.

although i find plants having a consciousnes is a nice idea.
sorry if i spoiled it :p

phalaris

Inscrit
7 Mai 2005
actually plants alone have a consciousness without needing to many other plants around.

How so ? what networks in the plants have enough interconnectedness to make that possible ? Maybe I'm missing something here.
But if that is possible too, then plant consiousness would exist on many scales, they would not bother eachother.

ah, yeah pheromones. those communication chemicals are called pheromones. But really, it does not really matter what route of communication is used I think. Pheromones could be used as a long distance communication method with other fields.

and

as far as we know, plants only use their communication between cells for homeostatic functions. also, plants have no senses that we are aware of to feed their "consciousnes"

also, there has never been an evolutionary need for plants to have a consciousness, because they don't need to search for food, unlike animals.

I'm talking about the network of plants possibly having a consiousness, not the plants by themselfses. As isolated neuron by itself does not have a consiousness either. I think of the plants as nodes in a chemical exchanging network, I don't really see how one plant by itself has enough internal networking structure to let consiousness emerge.

Plants have many interconnections with other neighbouring plants, and also trough funghi networks that are present near the roots. By diffusion of plant chemicals like hormones but also more mundane things such as soil acidity plant have influence on their neighbours. Most reactions taking place in organisms and plant are equilibrium reactions, so when the soil chemistry changes, the chemistry inside the plant must change also.

It would be an extremely interesting experiment to continously take mass spectra of a few hundred plants' cell fluids to monitor chemicals both over time and over the field.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i'm sorry, should have taken more time to read your other post.

but then again, i don't quite agree with you (or i misunderstand your post again :wink: ).
The plants wil not change their internal chemistry because of their neighbour plants, but they will adjust because they are under same conditions.
There is no communication here between the plants.

As for fungi, the micellum under the ground IS the organism.
All shrooms found together belong to the same organism.

please, if i'm wrong correct me, it's a suject that interesses me.