Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Aya questions

HeartCore

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Août 2004
I ordered some excellent quality caapi from Maya which I want to combine with chaliponga leaves to brew my first ayahuasa (had jurema before ;) ). A few questions came up.

Dosage is 30grams according to ******* so my intent is to double that to make sure I receive enough maoi's. Does this sound like too much? Is caapi as hard on the body if you take too much as rue?

I intent to make two brews, caapi and chaliponga, drinking the caapi brew 30 minutes before the chaliponga. Does this work? Is it better to combine it all and why/why not?.

How about dosage chaliponga, how many grams of leaves should I use?

For dosing keep in mind that I want maximum effect, full dose, no lingering in between states if I can avoid it :)

More questions will probably follow. Hopefully the caapi will arrive before the weekend :)

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I'm excited for you. :D

What color vine did you get? If it's anything other than black, I would definitely recommend using 60g of vine. I won't touch the black again, that was some mean shit.

30g of challiponga should be sufficient but keep in mind that it can be rather difficult to coax the alkaloids out of those leaves. Before boiling them, I'd put 'em in a blender with water, chop 'em up to little tiny bits then put the whole thing in the freezer to break down the cell walls. Let it thaw out and freeze it again, then thaw and start boiling. Really take your time with this; bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for a couple hours with juice from one lemon. Strain and repeat 2 more times letting the leaves simmer for at least 2 hours each time.

Making aya is an all day affair for me. All this is a little excessive but when it comes to aya, I want to get the most out of everything and make damn sure that it's going to work. I'm not nearly this fussy about any other drug. Since you're taking your time with the leaves, it wouldn't hurt to do the same with the vine although the alks are a bit easier to extract into water.

I don't know why everyone brews them separately, I know that's not how our jungle dwelling ancestors did it but it works for me. Like my momma said "Don't fix what aint broke"

As far as the dosage of challiponga, I think 30g is enough but amoak will probably tell you it's too much. That's why I always tell people to buy enough ingredients that you'll be able to do it twice; so you can sort of test it out and make adjustments to get the best experience possible. Besides, you will probably have so much fun, you'll want to do it again. The only thing about using too much DMT plant is that it may make you throw up quicker, not leaving enough time for everything to be absorbed.

And in my experience, caapi isn't nearly as hard on the body as rue. Caapi doesn't give you a lingering nauseaus feeling like rue and it doesn't make me feel as dizzy and empty headed.

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Wow Brew thanks a lot for this reply :)

What color vine did you get?

250 g Banisteriopsis caapi - *White* vine (4) shredded is what I ordered. i wanted to have enough to be able to try it again. Chaliponga is 'only' 120 gram. So I have way too much caapi but I'm sure that will come in handy sometime (combination dried mushrooms or mimosa which I have plenty atm).

I'm going to follow your advice to the letter, blending, freezing, thawing, freezing etc. and I was already planning to make it an all day affair.

So 60 grams caapi should do it and 30grams chaliponga. Is that what you would normally consider a full dose?

*hopes the package will be send out today *

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
60/30 should be a ticket to hyperspace. It's generally agreed that white vine is the best to use for an "innitiation". The few times I used it, the experiences were very easy to handle, feeling akin to a strong lsd trip but lacking in the wild visuals that I get when using red vine. Could just be a coincidence. My wife's only used aya 3 times (I think), once with white, one yellow and one red- she says the white (her first time) was her favorite because with the other two, she couldn't see where she was going because of all the hallucinations. I like them myself, but sometimes they can make it hard to move. :D

God, I can't wait for spring! I need my medecine!!

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
60/30 should be a ticket to hyperspace. It's generally agreed that white vine is the best to use for an "innitiation". The few times I used it, the experiences were very easy to handle, feeling akin to a strong lsd trip but lacking in the wild visuals that I get when using red vine.

Hmmm I'm starting to think I should have ordered the red vine then ;)

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
HeartCore a dit:
Girlfriend called to tell me the caapi arrived so it seems I'm up for a ride this weekend ;)

Keep us posted HC! I'm very curious how your experience is.. and was :).

Enjoy :)

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Ok it didnt happen this weekend, the time was not right. Planning this stuff is even more so than brewing it seems :(

Kwarkfanaat

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
2 Jan 2006
HeartCore a dit:
Ok it didnt happen this weekend, the time was not right. Planning this stuff is even more so than brewing it seems :(

Maybe brew can do the brewing ;) so you'll only have to plan it :lol:

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Kwarkfanaat a dit:
HeartCore a dit:

Maybe brew can do the brewing ;) so you'll only have to plan it :lol:

Hahah I would love to have Brew over at my place for sure !

I dont know what it is. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit but with a fulltime job around, I find it very hard to plan this. Because of that job, I feel I have effectively only saturday night to trip, or maybe friday night if I take a day off. That gives me at least one day to come down and just relax and try to integrate.

I'm not kidding when I say I trippped the last time over two years ago. Back then, I didnt have a job, lived in a great appartment in the middle of nowhere and could just trip whenever I felt like it. And this I did, I never planned to take 100+ grams of my own harvest, it just happened, it felt like a good idea, I felt like up to it and I just started to prepare and was on my journey in a matter of hours.

But since I came back to Holland and fitted myself back in slavery (=fulltime job), I havent been able to journey. Well sure, I tripped once with my girlfriend (her first time) but was very conservative on the dose (about 30-40 grams, just subtreshold for me ;) ) and ofcourse I smoked DMT a few times but a real trip, I find it impossible to do at the moment.

Im probably ending up brewing this week and storing the brew in the fridge and just hope I'm up for it soon, realizing, I may end up throwing away a perfectly good brew eventually :(

Brewmaster

Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I know what you mean, there just aren't enough days in the week. When I do the shit, I plan on a 2 day camping trip so I usually take Friday off. It'll probably be a few more months before I get to do it again but I'm definitely eating some mescaline on St. Patrick's day. :bear: w00t!

and yeah, I've thrown out a batch before, after sitting in the fridge for a month or two, I think it started to ferment or something because it stank to high heaven. I don't know if it still would have worked but christ! it stank.

WaseFraKa

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Sept 2005
you can keep the brew for a long time ....if it ferments or if you leave it a long time iny our fridge (more than 1 or 2 weeks) you can bring it to a boil again.....but best would be to freeze the solution right after you have brewed it. That way you can keep it for years...

skoeip

Inscrit
19 Nov 2004
wheeeieie hapy tripin hc! :D

Lion

Inscrit
22 Avr 2007
Tell us about it, what happened?

HeartCore

Inscrit
22 Août 2004
Lion a dit:
Tell us about it, what happened?

Next to nothing :D

I blame the quality of the Chaliponga since I really put a lot of effort in brewing it. Even took Brewmasters advice further to make sure to get all the alkaloids out.

Mundi

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
24 Mai 2007
Could someone please post a thread or any reference where I can do some serious introductory reading to Ayahuasca? I have read about it on various sites and have been peeping various discussions about it on this forum, but can't seem to find any sort of general information page/FAQ thread. Or if anyone could give me a small run-down of Ayahuasca, i.e. what it is compared to DMT (I'm presuming, from what i've read, that it's ingesting DMT through tea brewing)? Sorry for my inexperience. Also, any places to read up on how to do any brewing (for the hopefully near future) and what materials will be required for such processes.