Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Anyone ever had a real trippy dream?

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
I just had this extremely trippy dream a day and ago, and then again (slightly less trippy) yesterday. I mean I am 29 years old, but these two dreams were nothing like I ever dreamt before... they differed in color and contrast... the looks was just so different to what I ever dreamt in my life, and the contents were extremely trippy.

To tell you the essence of the first dream, I was with some old friends at a place I didn't know (never saw it in any dream before). We were sitting down at a table when everybody said "I wanna sit here, I wanna sit there", bla bla. I said "I don't care where you sit, just sit down, I'm gonna sit right over there". That's when a friend of mine said "well, he always just participated, he was never really involved!" - Boom! That was the first real information that I had never got before while dreaming, it really startled me because it might be true to some part...

The next thing I remember was when my friend told me I was being surrounded by this dark spirit, he said I was being " * " (can't remember the word he said, it was not an actual word, I think). So, I was trying to meditate and getting rid of the bad spirit - this really moved me into another place where I was in my bed and suddenly this cat was there (the cat that lives at my parents) and it starts talking to me. At this point I can't really remember what I told the cat and what it told me because I got a little freaked out...
This was the really freaky part about the dream, I had gotten myself into a state of mind where I was able to communicate with animals, and I was feeling really calm and alive (not like I was dreaming at all!)

When I woke up I started to realize the message of this "trip" and wasn't able to sleep for two hours.

The next day I dreamt I was in kind of the same place (that's the only reason I can connect these two dreams, the same look and feel of the place). I can remember that I saw a friend of mine taking heroine iv. It was pretty obvious because he was totally out of it and with a scarf tied around his arm. I knew he was hiding his stuff in the garden where I took one of the pre-loaded syringes (doh!) spilled it on my hand and licked it (at least I didn't do IV in my dreams, that's a good sign, is it?) I got really wasted on the stuff (and it tasted real good). I know I wanted to taste more of it but some stuff happened and then I woke up.

To make a point of this - I feel like after a major trip. These two dreams - especially the first one - were like something totally new to me and it affected me heavily. If you read this you'll probably think, well, it was just a dream, but it wasn't. This was like a trip, it had a major effect on me after I got awake, and I was still feeling like I was there for like half an hour.

Anyone of you ever had something like this? Or am I going crazy?

Soulcatcher

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
2 Jan 2007
Interesting.. But i don't think your going crazy :p

My own experiences:
I had some pretty crazy dreams myself almost a year ago.. It was one of those mornings, where i kept waking up and falling back to sleep just because i was to lazy to get out of bed. I had a crazy dream every time i fell back to sleep.. 5 in total, and in all of them i almost died at the end (someone/something wanted to kill me, or i tried to kill myself.. long story).. but for some reason i just couldnt die. It was really weird and scary from time to time, but I actually enjoyed the last one, and it was fascinating. So I won't bother writing down how i tried to kill myself in my dreams (I still didn't find out the meaning of that), but tell the cool one. Here it goes:

I was floating somewhere in an ocean.. It was night and i couldnt see much.. The water felt really cold.. Then suddenly i noticed something big was coming from the distance.. When it got closer and closer i saw it was a huge gigantic wave.. I estimated it was about 30 metres high, and there was nothing i could do. So i let it come.. Right before it sucked me up I looked up.. In the top of the wave I saw a dark spot, I realized it was a whale.. Then i got dragged deeper into the water and got tossed up.. and after a while came up on the other side. Then i thought whoa that felt very real.. What would it be like if I was on top of that wave.. Next thing i knew I was in the water again.. everything was exactly the same as the first time. But this time, the water started rising beneath me. I was raised higher and higher.. and Oh it felt sooo real.. like looking down from a moving skyscraper.. I really felt it in my stomach.. But i could handle it and actually enjoyed it very much. So there I was.. on top of the same wave.. But O shit, there was a whale somewhere up here as well.. Next thing i knew I felt the waterflow changing, and got sucked down into this huuuge mouth.. It closed when i was halfway in there, and I could feel every fiber of his squishy mouth around the lower half of my body. And at that point I thought; Ok.. it was cool so far, but this is a bit overwhelming, and woke up.

That was the first time I really really felt everything on my body in real life, but my thoughts were in my dream. I knew I was dreaming, and I knew I could stop it whenever i wanted it to stop. But especially because of the previous dreams of that morning (that included me shooting myself 5 times in the head (accidentally!!) and still not die), i wanted to test myself in what i could handle in my dream.
I must say it was the craziest morning of my life.. And i kept thinking about it long after that.

A bit more ontopic, A few months later I had some dreams of me taking drugs.. I have done salvia and shrooms in my dreams, wich both felt exactly like they do in real life.. All in all, I think my dreams are the best trips of all..
But maybe I'm just crazy too..

edit: this reply might suggest that i am a weird dude with suicidal tendencies. but the contrary is true. I love my life, so don't worry.

Meduzz

Inscrit
12 Avr 2006
i find that the most freaky dreams are the ones when you are sick and feverish. dreaming 10 dreams at a time and occasionaly waking up in cold sweat, not so nice.
calea has about the same effect but without negative aspects like the sweating, but i do wake up every hour when i smoked calea or drunk the tea. i didn't do calea anymore because you must be able to sleep very long the morning after and for me these days are rare.
it's a pity i only remember my dreams for a day or so. maybe i should keep a journal but the mornings are hectic enough as they are... :roll:

G

Invité
I totally agree on the feverish dream state, it's totally weird...

BTW, vitamin B6 is known to help people to remember their dreams more easily, maybe you should give it a try !

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
I have really trippy dreams while awake, in the summer everything sometimes looks like a total dream. I think it has a lot to do with amsterdam being a very trippy place, with people looking very weird, like aliens, like dream characters. Once i saw someone dressed like an alien just cycling in the park (with a very big alien head, made of course - or maybe not ;-)), you see these kind of things quite a lot around here, and many people don't even notice.
I also had dreams with extra-terrestrials, and dream about dead people a lot (while sleeping).

Alice :wink:

Jakobien

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
28 Oct 2005
I never seem to remember a lot from my dreams. Nothing but some flashes survive the awakening :(
How to practice this? Have to start writing them down at least:)

Last week i took some african dream root, and the dream may have been lively and perhaps lucid but i could remember nothing more than usual...

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
alice a dit:
I have really trippy dreams while awake, in the summer everything sometimes looks like a total dream. I think it has a lot to do with amsterdam being a very trippy place, with people looking very weird, like aliens, like dream characters. Once i saw someone dressed like an alien just cycling in the park (with a very big alien head, made of course - or maybe not ;-)), you see these kind of things quite a lot around here, and many people don't even notice.
I also had dreams with extra-terrestrials, and dream about dead people a lot (while sleeping).

Alice :wink:

Friends of mine once sat in het vondelpark to smoke some grass and two tourist came to them: hey man we took some mushrooms did you ever take mushrooms before? so they had a small take and when they left a class of children from age 5 all had red had like gnomes :D Can you imagine you're tripping for the first time and you see 25 gnomes :lol:

Jakobien a dit:
I never seem to remember a lot from my dreams. Nothing but some flashes survive the awakening :(

Last week i took some african dream root, and the dream may have been lively and perhaps lucid but i could remember nothing more than usual...

When you're awake try to keep your eyes closed and your mind empty that's how I sometimes recall a dream.

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
Jakobien a dit:

maybe write down what you remember all through the day. when i wake up sometimes my dreams are still very lucid in my head, i can remember and write, but some other times i think i didn't dream, and of course i did, but i just don't remember right away, and then through out the day i suddenly remember.

anyway keeping a little dream book is a good idea if you're really interested in your dreams, and you can write them down whenever you remember something. normally when i start writing i start remembering more and more...

alice :)

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
JosVU a dit:
Friends of mine once sat in het vondelpark to smoke some grass and two tourist came to them: hey man we took some mushrooms did you ever take mushrooms before? so they had a small take and when they left a class of children from age 5 all had red had like gnomes :D Can you imagine you're tripping for the first time and you see 25 gnomes :lol:

yeah funny stuff always happens to trippy people in the vondelpark, a girlfriend of mine said she and her friends discovered a "mini-forest"in the park while tripping, and they went into it, and were all excited about it, and then later on when she showed me where it was we had to laugh about it (me and her), because it was just a bunch of bushes and tiny little trees along a few metters of road.

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
alice a dit:
Jakobien a dit:

maybe write down what you remember all through the day. when i wake up sometimes my dreams are still very lucid in my head, i can remember and write, but some other times i think i didn't dream, and of course i did, but i just don't remember right away, and then through out the day i suddenly remember.

anyway keeping a little dream book is a good idea if you're really interested in your dreams, and you can write them down whenever you remember something. normally when i start writing i start remembering more and more...

People said this to me before and I always thought well if I write down a few words of a dream it doesnt make much sense but now you tell me you remember more and more! Tomorrow I'm going to buy two ticket to Lou Reed in the morning and a empty book. 8)

alice

Inscrit
9 Juil 2003
yeah, it's true, the more you write, even little things, the more you will remember. and sometimes only at midday i remember something from my last dream, but then a lot more comes to mind, when i rememebr just the first bit, and keep thinking about it.
BUY A NICE BOOK!! :wink:

alice

JosVU

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
26 Juin 2006
alice a dit:
yeah, it's true, the more you write, even little things, the more you will remember. and sometimes only at midday i remember something from my last dream, but then a lot more comes to mind, when i rememebr just the first bit, and keep thinking about it.
BUY A NICE BOOK!! :wink:

alice
In many book stores today you have the most trippy dummy's
I already bought one because of the cover(yes I judge the book by its cover) so I now have something to write about.

patilan420

Glandeuse pinéale
Inscrit
24 Déc 2005
Once I had realy strange dreem-time expirience,
I fel like laying with closed eyes, slowly waking up, with a ticklings im my hands but something was realy odd.. when I opened my eyes I realized what was bothereng mi during waking up, it was the fact, that I was laying on a bench in a school yard of my former highschool,(and I was shure I went asleap in my bed in my place)
It was nighttime, and ewerything was so real, so detailed, the vew, the wind, the sounds.. BUT I was unable to move my body, exept the eyes... soon after realizing that, I saw a movement by my side, a man on a bicycle was passing by,
I tryied to "blink" him with my eyes, and he felt that, slowed the bike and turnd his face towards me, and the shocking thing was , that there was only orange instead of eyes on his face!.. He lookedat me only for a moment, than continued, but after that things startedto changerapidely, first I realized , that the whole place is neither coimpleatly "real", neither compleatly dream... or that I was somehow not compleat, trapped between two worlds.. honestly , I panicked, my heartbeat speeded up at leadt twice, byt neither my body , neither my mind was responding to my whishes, I was unable to move and to wake up.
Than a strange "friend" came behind me, and grabed me by the shoulders.The voice was defenately female, sounded somehow familiar and shure in wat she was asking, and said
"Come with me!"
I tryied to say "where?"
She said "Come!, To the party"
than loughed and pulled me away from that strange place..
I waked up with a jump a deep breath, my heart was beating like hell,
but i was so exited of what I have just felt...

This is still the strangest expirience in my life, and guess what- 5 years later, when I tryied salvia divinorum extract 5X, I felt almost the same!
the same heatbeat, the same tickling in the hands,the same inability to move, the same feeling that I'm "stucked" between the worlds and the same friendly female vooice.. but the second time she decided that I do not nead help to go back...

kcar181

Alpiniste Kundalini
Inscrit
21 Août 2006
I honestly look forward to my dreams. ever since I started writing them down they are like the best trips. 3-6 a night. I must say though. the most intense dreams I have are when I take valerian root. Dreams feel like if lived in them for days. Like lifetimes have passed. memories so vivid that they feel real. The dreams seem to feel different as well. More realistic feel. I can remember crazy details like the grain in a hardwood floor. Or the smell of a dream characters breath. Your correct it feels like a salvia trip in the way that it feels like you lived in a different lifetime long long ago.

DR.TH-Chill-25

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
23 Mai 2007
I have al kinds of really,really weird dreams that i remeber by deliberatly waking up in a certain stage of dreaming.First their is the half-sleep where your kind of awake and slowly fading into the dreamworld,then there are some trippy dreams with mandala's and strange sounds,after that i think there is a black-out and after that there are some typical normal dreams that are also kind of trippy if you remember the details then there is this huge lift of or falling in a series of tunnels all very rapidly and intens,then you appear in a very trippy dream,after that there is a short black-out,then there is the most heavy dream stage known as heavy REM-sleep,i'm only able to remember a short fragment of the tail end,i describe it like someone is injecting massive doses of MDMDA and LSD directly in your brain,kind of matches to the description of the effects of DMT and Ayahuasca,and also i think 5-MeO-DMT cause after that there is a stage that's also intens but less visual,(black-out?)then there are the normal dreams again,(black-out)and at the end of the sleep there are some weird dreams that are simmilar to the effects of nutmeg.Some of the weirdest dreams i had were under the influence of deliriants.I would like to be able to experience the entire sleeping process lucidly,but it's most likely impossible,cause there always appear to be beings that constantly distract me and try to wake me up,usually they try to look like normal things i see in dreams,but this once i had 5 lucid dreams in a row,constantly outsmarting them and then they were pissed and appeared in their true form,kind of matching the description of reptilians and a bit insectlike(and now that i think about it kind of like that image on top from that being with all those shrooms from that cave),not exactly friendly beings.

Mandrake

Matrice périnatale
Inscrit
16 Juin 2007
I have always dreamed vividly, and ever since childhood I have had a more than passing interest in the content and meaning of my dreams.

One of my more unusual dreams occurred about two years ago. In this dream I found myself standing with a couple of dozen other people in a kind of anteroom, something like the lobby of a shabby theater. A single door provided exit into some unknown other area.

For the most part the people with me were casually but nicely dressed, and most appeared to middle-aged or older. Although people were chatting in small groups and being generally sociable, there was a palpable anxiety in the room. Nobody was saying it out loud, but most of us suspected that we were dead, and we didn't know where we were or what was coming next.

As for myself, I looked at the drab surroundings and concluded that it certainly didn't seem like Heaven, but it wasn't bad enough to be Hell, either, so there was some hope. I engaged a fellow close by in conversation.

Suddenly one of the few young folks in the room became very agitated and began an angry and vitriolic discourse against whatever it was that brought us there, and the violation of our rights and persons and yadda yadda yadda; and as he carried on, the wall behind him arranged itself into a mouth, just lips and teeth, and in an instant GOBBLED HIM UP, and then became just a wall again.

We all stood there in dumbstruck silence. This was definitely a blow to those who'd been holding out for Heaven.

I started looking for an exit and suggested to the fellow I'd been talking to that we investigate the possibilities of the only door in the room.

He concurred, and on the other side of the door we found ourselves walking down a long hallway. On our left and right were office cubicles; there was minimal light and we appeared to be in a very large office where everybody had gone home for the weekend.

As we walked down the hallway the temperature became increasingly uncomfortable; it went from tolerable to stiflingly hot to damned (pun intended) painful.

I looked at my companion and said "Let's go back to the other room!"

His face took on an expression of great alarm and he said "Supposing we CAN"T GET BACK to the other room!"

At which point we turned around and ran like hell (pun again intended) back through the door and into the lobby.

And at that point, since dreams have no sense of plot, this one ended.

But frankly I've been a little uneasy about it ever since.

Dantediv86

Inscrit
18 Avr 2007
Dreams Dreams Dreams
Dear Mimosa Tree
Dreaming My Turtle
Dream Many Things
Dream Me Too
Dreamt Much Trouble
Dreams More Toys

DMT guys
it's our body getting trips from psychedelic N1 :) you are experiencing DMT under controlled circumstances and doses
it's your mind that takes its freedom from reality bound Superego!
Explore....explore...
the spaces where no human dares to fly

Pinealjerker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
5 Avr 2007
Terence McKenna once said that if you have smoked DMT, and then learn the art of lucid dreaming, you can just light up your vaporizer in your dream and have the DMT flash in your dream state.

The way to do lucid dreaming is asking yourself during the day: "Am I dreaming now?" You keep asking yourself every hour or so for several days. Think before you answer the question every single time.

Then the time will come when you are dreaming and something in you is habituated to asking the question, and you will realize you are indeed not awake. Then you can look around you. Everything will appear self-luminated and spaceous. Now you can decide where you want to go and what you want to do. I've managed to "awaken' in my dream once, following this method. But I have not tried DMT in real life yet, so can't do the other experiment yet. However, the lucid experience is in itself quite psychedelic.