Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Allergy questions

bluesman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Déc 2004
Hi all.

I smoke pot every once in a while (not more than once in two months or something, i have a job), but i want to try mushrooms.

I was just wondering, is there a big chance of a bad trip? And how bad can a bad trip be? How intense is a good trip when you do it at a small dosage?

I've smoked some hash in the past, and alot of it, and it gave me a little trip. Well, i won't know if what i experienced was exactly a trip, but i saw stuff that didn't exist after looking very close at it. It was awesome, and it made me curious for mushrooms.

Just how is the effect? Are you completely off world and don't know what you're doing?

But, the biggest question of all, and the most important one to me is this: I have a couple of really bad allergies. Peanuts and milk can litterately kill me if i don't take medicine in time. I've ate non-magic mushrooms before, just as normal food. Some i didn't get sick of, some i did. I feel it always pretty quick when i react allergic on something, usually within 5 minutes. When i eat a 'magic' mushroom and i notice i'm allergic to it by getting sick, is there still a way to get rid of it and avoid a trip? Can i still take my medicine? I can't imagine how wrong it can go when i'm allergic and going into a trip.

I can get in 'shock' (i don't know the English word for this) when i'm really allergic of something, which can result to death. Will the 'magic' effects of the mushroom make this worse?

All i need to know. Thanks,

-Blues

tryptonaut

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
In your case I'd make very sure about that allergy before, because if you're not 100% sure then you're going to think yourself into an allergic shock no matter if it's there or not... and this will send you on a bad trip for sure!
I.e. if your tongue feels a little weird then you'll immediately start thinking "this is an allergic reaction" and then you might feel you're going to choke even when it's not real (I just came up with the weird tongue feeling because a friend told me once on shrooms that his tongue felt like a chewing gum and I immediately got the same feeling and had to spit out my chewing gum because I thought I might bite my tongue or choke from the gum... usually your tongue feels just fine :cool:
Once I thought my belly was aching from the shrooms until I discovered I had only tensed my muscles constantly so they started to hurt - then I consciously released the tension and everything was fine.

With moderate doses you're not completely off world, just everything appears to be different for you (it's hard to explain).

Start with very low doses (take half of the lowest recommended dose at first - i.e. ******* says "30g = 1 trip", the package says "take 15g max. if you're a beginner" so you take 8g. Probably won't give you a real trip, but you're be able to see what it's all about.

Many people love to smoke weed on shrooms, I don't recommend it because weed makes me paranoid and I've spoilt quite a few trips with that - but that's only a personal thing (just wanted to mention it so you'll know that not everybody can be brought down from a bad trip by smoking a lot of weed - better avoid bad trips in the first place by choosing a good setting and by preparing yourself thoroughly)

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Addition to my last post: Forget the yaddayadda, shrooms and red wine is divine!!!!
(saying that on 10g fresh philosopher stones, 15g fresh stropharia, 1/2liter red wine, precautions not every person reacts the same on same amounts, minister of health disaproves, yaddayadda...)
Having problems finding the right letters on the keyboard a little, but mostly it's just AWESOME!!!!!! :dancing:
:sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

marc

Inscrit
5 Déc 2003
Hey Bluesman, where you from ? I got some basic info on mushrooms, but it's in Dutch !

In Englisch you can find more info here :

www.thegooddrugsguide.com

bluesman

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
22 Déc 2004
Ik wil het echt proberen, maar er staat niets over allergieën in dat stuk tekst :frown:

Dan_kNugs

Sale drogué·e
Inscrit
4 Nov 2002
If you're allergic to some mushrooms..then don't eat any, that could kill you.

Anyhow, I must get stoned when I trip..I don't fully trip unless I get stoned.

tryptonaut

Inscrit
20 Nov 2004
Anyhow, I must get stoned when I trip..I don't fully trip unless I get stoned.
Depends on the amount of shrooms... for me it's like this: double or triple the amount of shrooms and you'll trip without getting stoned (but without any bad feelings). My own personal recipe is to get a little drunk before taking shrooms - I have a really joyful trip then without any bad thoughts.