Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

After the third crop, some aborted shrooms!

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
As I believe to be happening, after my third harvest, my forth generation has aborted. I really dont know if it is because of the temperature diference, that now is cooler, because of the bad weather these days (I still havent a system that eats up the kit. I still have a lot of rye to be consumed, so I supose that I stillcan obtain a lot of fresh shrooms. What should I do?

LorpasPT

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
26 Mai 2003
Hi Gel! Man u could try the dunk TEK it´s very efficient!

This tek should be used whenever the cakes/casings dry out. Also it can be given after full colonization to replace water lost so far.
The tek itself is quite simple. It essentially consists of submersion of the cake/casing underwater for 12 to 24 hours. Don't worry, that will not harm your cakes/casings. This is best done under refridgeration, if possible.
One can even dunk cakes/casing that already have small pins safely. Just don't overdo it, by 48 hours underwater they will be dead.
As for what kind of water to use, natural spring water is best but you can even use it straight from your faucet if need be.
Temperature during the dunking should be cold, or as cool as possible and still above freezing.
Time spent dunking should be not less than 6 hours for minimal benefits. 12 hours is about right for dunking in between flushes and at birth but 24 hours is the maximum for full rehydration of nearly spent cakes.
There are at least 2 options for how to dunk. My prefered method is to dunk each cake individually by placing it in a jar, filling with water, then screw on the lid to keep the cake submerged. This way is good for small batches, and has the advantage of keeping each cake isolated so no contaminants are spread from cake to cake.
For larger batches, you can simply place several cakes in a large pan or bucket, cover with water and weigh down the cakes by placing a weighted down lid, plate, etc. on top of the cakes.
dunkcake.jpg

After dunking, drain well, gently pat dry with paper towels, etc. and return it to the fruiting environment.

I don´t think the temperature is the problem!

Bambolé /forum/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aerogel

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
30 Sept 2003
Thanks! I will do it today!
My kits really looks "dry"!
When I get some results, I will tell.

psilly

Neurotransmetteur
Inscrit
18 Août 2004
Man u could try the dunk TEK it´s very efficient!This tek should be used whenever the cakes/casings dry out. Also it can be given after full colonization to replace water lost so far.

Are you saying that you dunk after birthing, before placing the cake in the fruiting chamber? I've been dunking between flushes in a H2O/RBF mix, but I've never heard of dunking after colonization before! Please tell more.