Quoi de neuf ?

Bienvenue sur Psychonaut.fr !

En vous enregistrant, vous pourrez discuter de psychotropes, écrire vos meilleurs trip-reports et mieux connaitre la communauté

Je m'inscris!

Adulthood in Western societies

Space-is-the-Place

Holofractale de l'hypervérité
Inscrit
22 Sept 2008
As a matter of fact, he is really mature, the way he handles it, I've got much respect for the guy.
These things happen, even when using anti-conception.

And your comment is just as mature as my war,rape,politics comment...

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I am cynical because i myself know people who got kids at a very young age (16).
All of them broke up.

however i don't know the guy. you are talking about. So i can't say anything about it.

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
and yet you did

I've known 2 guys who were very young and had to find become 'wards of the state' meaning they left home before they were legally adult both of them had kids and one of them unfortunately is in jail, he was the less mature one

????????

Inscrit
27 Sept 2007
i have a 16 year old friend and we talk up to par on any issue; i usually forget he is much younger than me. also, my dad can throw quite a tantrum from time to time and i forget he is like three decades older than me...

i feel exactly like ed norton's character in fight club, when he says "i can't get married, i'm a 30 year old boy".... and i know i'll always be. what changes is, as i already said, that as years pass we get more information and so a bigger pool of data to make decisions with. because of this we could say that we get, maybe, more power. and as we all know, "with great power comes great responsibility" :)

so,
adulthood = time spent as a conscious entity gathering information + ability to apply said knowledge and learn from past experiences

some people have lived through a lot but they never learn.
some have not lived much but are very self-aware and thus mature rapidly.

what to do you think of girls? they seem to mature faster than us boys. maybe society expects them to and this creates a self fulfilling prophecy? i am wary of making sex distinctions because usually when i think about this distinctions i end up concluding that we are indeed just the same but playing different social roles.

GOD

Inscrit
14 Jan 2006
I dont agree with that at all . Sorry girls , but they might mature physicaly faster and they might mentaly mature faster than boys.......BUT from my experience it only goes so far . Young men soon catch up with women physicaly and mentaly and then later leave most women standing as far as mental maturity is concerned . To be honest from all the women i have ever seen , seen in action , i wouldnt put my life in any of their hands when the shit hits the fan . If i was ill i`d trust more women than men to help me .

What i`m talking about is trusting them to be 100% honest , objective , unemotional and do the best for all .

When i used to deal many years ago if any of my customers or dealers thought that i`d told a woman anything at all , if they new any secrets the best i could have expected was to be dropped forever and be given a VERY bad name . In some cases my life would have been at risk . Why ? , because the mass experience of those sort of people is that much more men keep their mouths closed when hard comes to hard and much more women dont .

Thats also my experience with family problems , divorce and custody for children . I dont just mean what happened to me i mean generaly . I`ve talked to experts about it to and they also said that more women abuse the system in those areas than men . One of the bigest lies on the planet is "He hit me" or "He abused our child" .

cockknocker

Elfe Mécanique
Inscrit
19 Oct 2008
In my west country town, the ritual of adulthood is hunting down the "Thing" thats been eating the sheep and ruining the apples for cider

Crimzen

Inscrit
16 Oct 2008
magickmumu a dit:
Crimzen a dit:
and yet you did
I know and
It was a stupit of me.

Sorry. I was being a jerk.
no worries man, dont be sorry for discussing your opinion, its valid but it was also a pretty big generalization

magickmumu

Inscrit
3 Nov 2007
I did not want to generalize.
I agree adulthood has not so much to do with age.

All I wanted to bring across is that I do not agree with the view that adulthood is something negative and something to be avoided.
What separates the man from the boys or the girls from the woman?
Taking care of yourself. Not being depended on mommy and daddy (or big brother) anymore.